My first squiggly hotpad--now with correct pictures

Krakovianka

Note: I'm having problems with photobucket and had to remove the pics. I'll put them back ASAP, and make a note in the title that it's fixed. Sorry!

Remember the yucky thread?

IMG_0611.jpg

It's useless for doilies or lace, but works up pretty nicely for kitchen items.

IMG_0609.jpg

Thanks again to sleevelessinsu for sharing about these!

Want to squiggle? This is a good use for those leftover bits that aren't enough for a complete project! Join us in the squiggly-wiggly CAL...

I still have 14 balls of thread (6 only partial now!), so there are more squigglies in my future...

:hook

I was wondering what the first post was all about... :lol Your potholder turned out fabulous!! I love all the bright colors! I never know how to put colors together like that unless it is already predetermined in a pattern. I saw someone else's squiggly potholder and so I got mine out and worked on it a little. But I haven't picked it up since.

Yours turned out great, I love it! :manyheart I might do one similar to yours, as it would go in my kitchen almost perfect! (Minus the greens?)

Tina

I worked on this across several days...and I'll actually make the next one one round smaller. I don't really know how long it took, but you could also use cotten worsted weight and they would make up more quickly with fewer rounds. There are some nice pics in the squiggly wiggly CAL.

BTW, I've decided this color-combo makes this a "fiesta" hotpad.

That is so pretty and the colors look great! :manyheart I don't know if I could use it for anything but eye candy. And I would be all about that CAL if I had enough thread, darnit. :P

Very pretty!! I just started one with the book. I don't have pretty yarn like that, but I'm just using up what I have to practice making it. I hope mine turns out as nice as yours!!

:)

Book?? what book?? Did I miss something? Oh, please tell me what book. :goodorbad Like I need another book...lol

Archived