Elizabeth Mini-me

Tampa Doll

This little girl is Elizabeth Mini-me. My granddaughter Elizabeth, who is 9, will be coming for a visit in July. We have a tradition here, that when the kids come to visit, no matter the age, when they get up in the morning, they get a small toy or such at the place they sit for meals.

It is a lot of fun for us and the kids seem to get a kick out of it. Infact, when our daughter was down with our grandson, she gave us a note from Elizabeth letting us know she remembers this. It has been 6 years since we last saw her.

One of our illustrious designers here made this pattern and here is where I got it.

http://stitch.hellooperator.net/free-patterns/amigurumi-doll/

http://stitch.hellooperator.net/free-patterns/amigurumi-doll/amigurumi-doll-pattern-charts/ there is also a pattern for a dress.

I used size 10 thread and size 7 hook. She comes out as 11 inches standing – 6 inches sitting.

Right now she is sitting in the computer room, so I may have to make another one for the granddaughter, cause you know, the computer room is like Vegas. What goes in the computer room stays in the computer room.:rofl

So without further ado, I would like to introduce you to Elizabeth Mini-me.

th_lgspinElizabethMini-Me.gif (clickable) th_lgElizabethMini-Me.gif

What a wonderful Gramma you are! She's adorable! (Is this EVERY breakfast while they are there or just the first one?)

This is every breakfast after the first day till the last day they are here.:hook It is always something small and inexpensive.

She is darling Mary Jo, Quite the tradition you have with the kids. You should have known better than to let one of your creations wander into the computer room. What could you have been thinking.....................:eek

She is just wonderful Mary Jo. i am guessing your little one will be tickled pink to get a mini me. You are a wonderful gramma to do all of this.

I just want a bunch of smiling smilies here to show how this makes me smile

:):):):):):hug:):):):):)

I love your tradition - thats awesome!! Elizabeth Mini-Me is so cute - as is her entourage.

So will the newest Mini-Me get a name all her own? Or will she be Elizabeth Mini Me the Second? :lol

Well, the second doll is almost done. I have to sew her together and put her hair on.

Her name is up to the DH, as it will be his and she will sit with all his other stuffies.

As for the stuffing, I use the same as I do with yarn, I just try not to stuff it to full. I use a dowl stick to push it into the smaller parts, like the arms and the legs.

Thank you for enjoying her, I had a lot of fun making her and her twin.:hook

Archived