Two-color doily

Krakovianka

Yes, the pattern is in one of my Polish magazines. The patterns aren't hard to follow because they are diagrammed. I have learned some Polish crochet vocabulary, but it doesn't come up very often in conversation. :)

Is there a site on-line to purchase polish mags? Or Patterns? I would love to make one of those, I love pineapples and this is absolutely gorgeous!! You did a fantastic job.....thanks for sharing..

Ooh, I love it! Gorgeous. :manyheart

What's the name of the mag? I occasionally buy German-published ones like Diana, or Elena, or Sabrina (the French versions of them, where the instructions are in French), but I've seen those patterns in other languages, like Spanish. All have diagrams, which I love. :hook

MimiFL, yes! Some of those magazines are the ones I buy--Sabrina and Diana (I've never seen Elena--:::pout:::) I clicked on one of your links, and the Sabrina cover looks very familiar, but I can't lay my hands on my copy right now. I also buy Robotki Reczne and Moje Robotki--the last one, for sure, is published here in Poland. (Frankly, I buy about 4 per month--who knows how long they will be published?)

The pattern for this doily was in a special edition of Sabrina, which included a lot of Easter patterns (including egg covers). It may still be in the kiosks, Vonnie, so I could pick up a copy for you. (I would have to ask $12 to cover the cost, the shipping, and the paypal fees, but there are 100 patterns in there, all with diagrams. Some of them are just little Easter decorations, but there are plenty of big ones.)

Mimi, I saw that the price of that magazine was almost 3 Euros. How much does it cost you after shipping? Would it be worth the time to sell some copies through an Etsy store? In any case, I'm planning on sending a few to AmyS for the auction.

I don't remember off hand how much shipping was. I think it was a little expensive but not too bad. I'll look when I get a chance. :)

Archived