Traveling hook II..Hooking for cure, and nana will receive the hook

angelfire

Wow, those squares went the long way...LOL well maybe the cheap way.....glad they made it.

Thanks for letting me join this cause!!! Can't wait to see what you come up with for ghans...

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know that I'm rather too late (and possibly too much in England) to take part in the travelling hook part, but I have a lot of people in mind that I would like to make squares for. I was a little disappointed to see no colour for testicular cancer, which my dad had before I was born. But I would like to make squares in honour or memory of seven people, and I was hoping I could just make them at home and send them to you (angelfire) to be considered for the blanket?

Orchid is a light purple..and I thought I had added it. I apologize for the slip. Yes, we are accepting squares for an afghan made by the members that will benefit cancer research along with the traveling hook squares. Thank you for asking.

Orchid is a light purple..and I thought I had added it. I apologize for the slip. Yes, we are accepting squares for an afghan made by the members that will benefit cancer research along with the traveling hook squares. Thank you for asking.

No worries! It may well have been added somewhere else, I only read the first 50 or so messages... :) Well, that's good to know! I'll get on with some soon then :)

Jessi, Have you received the hook yet? I lost the tracking number when I lost my computer.....again!

deedes could you re-send me the tracking number please. Your squares are great.

To all those that have not sent me your squares for the special project.

would you please do this soon as I would like to start putting this together so that I may have it done by September.

I got the hook today!! I am soooo excited! I will be crocheting tomorrow for sure!

I received deedes squares today

Jessi, did you send the hook on? I know it is hard to give it up :eek

Attn: Special project participants

I need to receive your contribution by August 31st for them to be included. I need to get this taken care of and in the mail. I have been waiting so I have a better idea of how to put the package together

I haven't forgotten about the special project..... It'll be there before then!

I didn't doubt that...I am sorry.:blush I was just trying to give a heads up to everyone as I know that summer has been busy and I am getting excited to see it all come together

I am really sorry but I'm gonna have to say that I can't promise any squares for this now :( My mail has been going missing a lot lately, and apparently a very important letter from college was amongst the missing... and now my student grant has been stopped. I now have no income whatsoever, and right now I'm not sure how I'm gonna be paying my rent and bills... Let alone buy yarn and mail stuff out abroad :( I am SO sorry, I'm really disappointed, but right now, until this gets sorted I am on SUCH a tight budget that I just can't afford ANYTHING other than the absolute 100% necessities. I really can't tell you how sorry I am. :(

I am really sorry but I'm gonna have to say that I can't promise any squares for this now :( My mail has been going missing a lot lately, and apparently a very important letter from college was amongst the missing... and now my student grant has been stopped. I now have no income whatsoever, and right now I'm not sure how I'm gonna be paying my rent and bills... Let alone buy yarn and mail stuff out abroad :( I am SO sorry, I'm really disappointed, but right now, until this gets sorted I am on SUCH a tight budget that I just can't afford ANYTHING other than the absolute 100% necessities. I really can't tell you how sorry I am. :(

I think that it is sad about your mail. The fact that you wanted to help is great...no worry. Thank you for your offer. If you want to in the future this will take approx. a year . I just hope your situation gets better.

Well, if there is more time then I'll do something when the money eventually gets sorted out, but I thought I saw somewhere that you wanted everything in by the start of september? At the moment, for the forseeable future I'm just not in any sort of position to commit to anything now :( I was talking with my mentor and he said that maybe someone else in the house is intercepting my mail, but if that was the case, I have NO WAY of proving anything of the sort... So, I don't know what to do :( I'm gonna try to get everything sorted out on monday, but if they've cancelled my grant I don't know how long it will take to get it reinstated... :( Which is why I figured if I said now that this was the case, then I wouldn't be letting people down right at the last minute...

If there's a lot more time then when my money is a bit better off I'll send stuff if I can, but for now I'm gonna have to say "no", until I know where I'm gonna stand...

I'll keep you updated on the money situation. Thanks for being understanding ladies.

It's my understanding too, that the special project is going to be wrapped up by September, but the traveling hook will just keep traveling until it's done, no less than a year from now I'm sure, by the interest.

I hope everything can get settled with your mail, loans, and all that... Wow! Sending prayers for you and your situation.

Victoria

Good news about the student grant situation - I phoned college and explained my situation and they were very understanding. I am not losing my bursary after all, and I went and had the test (again) today. After a 10 hour night shift! :tired

So, I will be able to pay my rent and bills this month. So, once all my outgoings are out I will look at buying some yarn to make some squares. And, as I now have a lot longer than I'd thought I will hopefully be able to get a few made over a couple of months. What a relief it all is!

Thanks everyone for your support! You are such lovely ladies. It's good to know that even though you don't even know me, I have someone sending good thoughts my way, helping me along.

:D

Good news about the student grant situation - I phoned college and explained my situation and they were very understanding. I am not losing my bursary after all, and I went and had the test (again) today. After a 10 hour night shift! :tired

So, I will be able to pay my rent and bills this month. So, once all my outgoings are out I will look at buying some yarn to make some squares. And, as I now have a lot longer than I'd thought I will hopefully be able to get a few made over a couple of months. What a relief it all is!

Thanks everyone for your support! You are such lovely ladies. It's good to know that even though you don't even know me, I have someone sending good thoughts my way, helping me along.

:D

Kiri, I just read your earlier posts about you not getting your very important mail and that was just horrible! But then I got to the happy ending!:cheer God bless the college and their understanding and thank the Lord :clap everything is going better for you now.

Did you ever find out what happened with the mail situation?

:manyheart:hug

Archived