My first 2 FBBs

Mommy2Max

Update on handles in post #20!!!!

First one made with Moda Dea Cheerio in amethyst with silver beads and silver lining.

PurpleFBB-small.jpg

PurpleFBB-lining-small.jpg

Second one made in Caron Simply Soft in navy blue with gold beads and gold lining.

NavyFBB1-small.jpg

NavyFBB2-small.jpg

NavyFBB-lining-small.jpg

They are both great but my ultra fave is the purple...it is soo hot!! :fire

Would you mind my requesting a full pic of the handles of the purple bag? It is soo intriguing I might make one like that.

Awesome job! :jumpyay

Nice variations on the handles! I LOVE the purple one especially!!!:) Oh yeah and by the way, your title of your post "my first two FBB's" it will soon be a lot bigger number than two, they are so addicting!

They are just beautiful! I love the variations of the original pattern as it allows each of us to show our "individuality"! The purple is beautiful, but the blue and gold positively makes me drool!!!!!!!

Thank you for sharing your photos and your talents...

Maggitee

Your purses are lovely! Are those chain handles on the amethyst bag? Are they actual purse handles, or did you make them from something else? I really like the look of those. And I love the large beads on your blue bag. Great job! :cheer

Your FBB's are really nice:cheer . I look both of them, but I'm partial to the blue one because my youngest dd likes blue:manyheart , and I like GOLD:devil .

Would you mind my requesting a full pic of the handles of the purple bag? It is soo intriguing I might make one like that.

A couple of people asked about the handles, so I'm posting close-up pics below.

I did a little cheating on these. My husband is an electrical engineer, so he has tools for cutting and soldering metal that he uses on computer boards and stuff. The handles are each made of a piece of a round metal craft ring and an 18" silver necklace chain from the jewelry section of the craft store. I think I paid $1.99 for each necklace. My husband measured and cut the metal rings and then soldered each end of the necklace to the ring. The ring piece gave the handles the rigid structure to help the bag keep its shape and as I sewed the flaps down around the handles, I wove my yarn through the end piece of chain (that was soldered to the ring) to keep it in place on the bag.

If anyone has any other questions about how I did the chain handles, please let me know. I'll be glad to explain it better if I was unclear.

PurbleFBB-handles-small.jpg

PurbleFBB-handles2-small.jpg

PurbleFBB-handles3-small.jpg

Archived