Lets Do A Round Ripple Together

I have finally started my first RR and I am using Aggie May's pattern that she so graciously shared with me (thank you). This is what i have got done so far and I am hoping that it is turning out right as this is my first one. What do you think??? Does it look like it is supposed to :lol.

firstrr002.jpg?t=1217743582

Just another shot of my rr.

firstrr001.jpg?t=1217743683

Thanks for looking and sharing your thoughts and opinions :hug:manyheart

It looks great!!! I can't wait to see it when it is done!!

That is a sweet little blanket, 'Stina. The bobbles have a nice effect.

You think so? I was hoping they'd be noticeable and was thinking with my next one doing the bobble row in a different color from the rows surrounding it to make them stand out a bit more maybe...?

I have finally started my first RR and I am using Aggie May's pattern that she so graciously shared with me (thank you). This is what i have got done so far and I am hoping that it is turning out right as this is my first one. What do you think??? Does it look like it is supposed to :lol.

That is absolutely lovely!

Ty ty For some reason I have this fear (cuz it is my first) that I have not done something right :lol:lol To be such pretty afghans it just seems way too easy :D:cheer:clap

I felt exactly the same way! I'm on my second RR and can see why they are so addictive!

I've been using the sew on fire pattern, do you more experienced RR-ers find Aggie's pattern to be less "rollie" at the points - because the larger my RR gets the more the points are starting to turn and roll up?

BTW beautiful RR's people!

I felt exactly the same way! I'm on my second RR and can see why they are so addictive!

I've been using the sew on fire pattern, do you more experienced RR-ers find Aggie's pattern to be less "rollie" at the points - because the larger my RR gets the more the points are starting to turn and roll up?

BTW beautiful RR's people!

Aggie's pattern is basically the same as the Sew On Fire pattern. Hers is just worded differently.

My points tend to curl slightly if I use a smaller hook, so I usually go up a size hook. Just make sure to do 2 rows of large shell and 1 row of small shell in the points and you should be fine.

With all of the RR's I've done, only 1 curled.

I never have a curling problem...use Mel's method, and Sew on Fire pattern. That was the first pattern I ever used and I stick with it.

My next RR will be made using Homespun, during the Greek Games. It'll be lapghan size. I may get more than one done, but I have no idea how things will be at home, etc, so.....

Finished a 12 point RR....it is a Christmas gift

100_15022.jpg

Beautiful! :clap:clap

I love the crisp look the colors give the pattern!

You think so? I was hoping they'd be noticeable and was thinking with my next one doing the bobble row in a different color from the rows surrounding it to make them stand out a bit more maybe...?
I think bobbles are good either way! :yay I clicked on your bigger picture first and kept looking at it....something is different (I know I'm real sharp sometimes :blush ) but can't quite figure it out, but I LIKE it! Then I looked at the bobble pic! Oh bobbles! :clap

ScoobyDoo and Marycathie, your ripples are gorgeous! :cheer

th_1RR002.jpg

th_1RR003.jpg

Okay finished it up tonight

Done in pound of love and an I hook

I added a crab stitch on the border and it seems to have helped a little with the curling

The one thing I notice about everyone else's are that the centers are less hole-y

Scooby i like this a lot! mom might teach me how to do a rr!!

anyone tried RR in baby clouds yarn??

I've got a bit in my stash and was going to attempt it...maybe. I've never done a RR before.

Thank you!!

I think bobbles are good either way! :yay I clicked on your bigger picture first and kept looking at it....something is different (I know I'm real sharp sometimes :blush ) but can't quite figure it out, but I LIKE it! Then I looked at the bobble pic! Oh bobbles! :clap

Awesome. That gives me the confidence in it I needed, thanks! Now I can't wait 'til Friday to start on it!

th_1RR002.jpg

th_1RR003.jpg

Okay finished it up tonight

Done in pound of love and an I hook

I added a crab stitch on the border and it seems to have helped a little with the curling

The one thing I notice about everyone else's are that the centers are less hole-y

I love it! Is it a pound of each color...?

The reason my center hole is smaller is because I start with a 'magic circle'. I love those things.

I love it! Is it a pound of each color...?

The reason my center hole is smaller is because I start with a 'magic circle'. I love those things.

not nearly a pound -

I actually bought seven pounds for a ripple(don't ask me why..I don't know..)

I am on the third blanket so far and I haven't run out of anything yet...

and the *magic circle* sounds wonderful! :yay

not nearly a pound -

I actually bought seven pounds for a ripple(don't ask me why..I don't know..)

I am on the third blanket so far and I haven't run out of anything yet...

and the *magic circle* sounds wonderful! :yay

I use the magic circle too.

Also, when I do mine, I do row 3 differently. I don't skip a space, I do a DC where it calls for the skipped space. I didn't like how open the center was, so I did it that way. Then I found a post that has tips on a RR.

Here is that link.

anyone tried RR in baby clouds yarn??

I've got a bit in my stash and was going to attempt it...maybe. I've never done a RR before.

Thank you!!

I think the texture is similar to Homespun, which I've used...so I would use Baby Clouds.

I may have missed something in a past post, but what is a "magic circle"?

I have finished one Spiderman RR - one more to go, and I just started a pink RR for my grandaughter. Add that to the Cathederal Window that I started a couple of weeks ago, and I have been busy crocheting!!

Thanks Judianne, I have been starting my rings like that for "always" and never knew what it was called. Thanks!!

Charlotte

There ya go! There truly is NOTHING new under the sun;)