Miscellaneous Afghan CAL

BarbaraJean

I'm really hoping that this isn't a copyright infringement
Oh I doubt that it is - like Krystal said - as long as you don't sell the pattern you should be fine - you just saw a pattern, liked it and made it yourself. I'm sure many of us have done that (or attempted to - I'm not so good at it :P )

I'm sure your daughter loved the samples for her babies :hook

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ok ladies - I'm SOOOOOOOO happy. They're both finished and I was able to fix the problem with my digital camera!

This is my version of the:

AWESOME RAINBOW SQUARE

P2130152.jpg

It is 3 feet across,

I used jimbo's I hook which is 1/2 way between an I and a J. (It's PERFECT!) and

Mostly RHSS, the orange was Caron

24 Point Round Ripple

P2130154.jpg

It's 5 1/2 feet from point to point.

I use jimbo's I 1/2 hook (for just about everything that's not 2 stranded)

It was all RHSS in Hot Pink amd Black.

You can see where I added the extra squares. I did 3 rounds of dc, granny shell in the corners and 1 round of sc in black for sewing. 15 st's across I think. Then you just continue on with the round ripple pattern. It's really very easy.

I wanted to do 2 more rounds of pink but I ran out of yarn. :blush

Both are fabulous!

RoseRed, those are amazing! So striking.

Krystal, I really like yours, too -- I love the color scheme!

I finally got my hands on the yarn I need to finish the Flying Afghan, so now I've got all the squares edged and ready to start joining. Right now I'm playing catch-up on homework so I probably won't have any crochet time for a couple of days, :( but hopefully I'll at least be able to settle on a layout and maybe get started before the weekend.

I joined all the rows (6 rows of four squares each). I tried something different and didn't edge each square in the same color. I'm trying to decide if I want to edge each row before putting those together and I just might and then assemble those and border the ghan.

Off to bed now

Joyce

Well, that's the pattern name, but obviously mine isn't done in shades of rose! LOL!

LOL ! :D You could change the name to "Shades of Leaves"

It is SO PRETTY !!! I love the colors. :yay

Well, I am still pluggin' away at my afghan. Didn't get a lot done over the past couple of weeks, as work has been busy, but I am still making progress, such as it is. :lol Maybe I can snap a pic of what I have so far soon.

I am making a 3 strand ghan with Caron Simply Soft in Watermelon, Chocolate and New White for my DD. I've never done a 3 strander before, but I did make a 2 strander last week for my DS.

Does that make me eligible for this CAL? I think I'm going to need some encouragement on this one, since I am using the biggest hook I have ever used and I don't know how this will work with my wrist injury.

Archived