Miscellaneous Afghan CAL

BarbaraJean

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes, we make peanut butter, cherry nut and maple, all chocolate covered. The cherry nut is my favorite!

OH YUM! Sounds like the eggs we used to get at a now-defunct local candy shop where I grew up.

HOpe you're feeling better

Joyce

OH YUM! Sounds like the eggs we used to get at a now-defunct local candy shop where I grew up.

HOpe you're feeling better

Joyce

Thanks, Joyce! :hug I actually am feeling much better this evening than I have since Tuesday. Thank the Lord!

Barbara Jean - I have only rounds 6/7 to do on one more strip, weave in half the ends, join the last 3 strips then borders - not too long yet!

You're going to complete you second 'ghan before I complete my first! :eek

Congrats! :yay Can't wait to see it. I've never made a "strips" afghan.

I started getting a headache Tuesday afternoon and have gone downhill since then, sore throat and just yucky feeling.

I'm sorry you haven't been feeling well. :sick This time of the year...it could be allergies - everything is blooming here and it's so pretty.

I hope you are feeling better today - have fun with the easter eggs, they sound YUMMY.

On the crochet front...I completed 2 more hexagons last night while watching Grey's Anatomy.

I did get to work on my afghan this week in between charity projects. I didn't think to take a picture last night so I'll do that when I get home from work today and get it posted. I'm about a third of the way done.

Just wanted to check in and let you guys know I FINISHED MY FISHER HOUSE afghan last night!!!:clap :clap :clap :clap

AND, I was even motivated enough to go ahead and add fringe!!

I'll post a picture tonight when I find the digital camera.

Now I'm ready to start on one of the three afghans I'm doing for graduation gifts for the kids at church. :D

Congratulations, Lisa! I'll edit the first post now and add the link to you completed project photo once you add it. Let me know the name of your next afghan and I'll get it added to the list. :clap

Well, I was feeling better last evening and this morning so went to work on the peanut butter eggs. Now I'm feeling poorly again so am skipping the evening shift. Bad preacher's wife! :no

Barb- Spank you with a wet noodle you naughty girl! :eek How dare you take care of yourself!! :lol I am just kidding.

:hug One of the older ladies told me last evening I should stay home and recuperate today but I didn't listen to her. Guess I should have, huh? ;)

Here's how much I've gotten done on my Dazzleaire afghan. I finished off the brown and variegated rows. I've just started the cream row.

It just dawned on me that I've been photographing it wrong. :eek The stripes go across the bed, not up and down.

DSCF0129-adj.jpg

I finally finished my rainbow square. I'll post a pic as soon as I take one.

Barbara Jean - hopefully I'll be finishing up my 24 point round ripple today or tomarrow. Some wips just go on too long.

Happy St.Paddy's Day everyone!

It seems my Woolly Zen Blanket is a lot slower than I had anticipated. It's averaging only 2-3 colour sections a-go (when I actually get a chance to pick it up) but it's starting to look really really cool! I am still in love with feeling up the finished work everytime I'm done a colour. ^_^

It's starting to look like a real blanket!

EWBoD.jpg

:clover Happy St. Patrick's Day

Mrs. Pink - I love the way that is turning out - pretty colors and it looks so soft.

It just dawned on me that I've been photographing it wrong. :eek The stripes go across the bed, not up and down.

That is okay - we can just turn our head sideways and look at it :wink

My hexagons are coming right along - I was trying to get 2 done last night but only finished one - I'm cat sitting my "nephmew" :cat this weekend and he acted like this::rant when I tried to give him is shot (he is diabetic) so needless to say, he wore me out - I was too frustrated to crochet after that.

Laurie - Love your afghan - it's coming along nicely.

Mrs. Pink - Your Wooly Zen Blanket is coming out really nice. Sometimes it does seem to take forever to see any progress on our work, but eventually it all comes together.

Barb - Love your tissue holders!! The kids will really appreciate the PB eggs - I know the kids at our church would! AND you need to take the time to take care of yourself. (I'm horrible about this myself, but I know that's what should happen! :lol )

Here is the promised picture of my completed Fisher House Throw - it's FPtrp (front post triple crochet). I used an L hook and Red Heart yarn. It went pretty quickly once I got going - I'd never done this stitch before so it took some trial and error at first. The second photo is a little closer view so you can see the stitches better. Overall I'm quite pleased with the texture of the throw and the look.

FPtrbthrow2.jpg

FPtrbthrow.jpg

I started on the first of three throws I'm doing for graduation last night. It's the Ripple Throw from the Lion Brand website. I'm using 2 different colors of Homespun and an N hook for the throws.

MrsPink, your blanket is looking fab! Keep up the great work! :cheer

Barb, nice tissue holders! Very lacey and lady-like. :cheer

Lisa, lovely throw! Very nice colors! Great job! :cheer

Thanks for you comments on the tissue holders. :D

I finished the 4th skeen of 7 on my Elegant Clusters afghan today. :yay I had some church ladies over for coffee Tuesday and they just loved it!

Lisa, the afghan turned out great! I imagine that was one of those patterns where if you made a mistake it was very noticeable. I've updated the first page with a link to your post with pictures and have also added your new afghan.:cheer

Archived