Miscellaneous Afghan CAL

BarbaraJean

BarbaraJean - you can put me next for a "Shades of Rose" Afghan... but I'm not posting pics til it's done. It has 7 strips, and I'm nearly done with the first. Only problem is... I am either missing a page, or this pattern doesn't tell you how to join the strips. I'm seeing if I can hunt it down online, otherwise I'm posting a Q? in "Seeking Patterns"...

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BarbaraJean - you can put me next for a "Shades of Rose" Afghan... but I'm not posting pics til it's done. It has 7 strips, and I'm nearly done with the first. Only problem is... I am either missing a page, or this pattern doesn't tell you how to join the strips. I'm seeing if I can hunt it down online, otherwise I'm posting a Q? in "Seeking Patterns"...

That's odd, isn't it? I don't recognize the name but where is the pattern found? I have a couple afghan books I can check in.

Oh, sorry - I forgot to post! I had printed the pattern online, most likely from AA. I finally found it on FreePatterns.com and I was, indeed missing the last page where it told me how to join the strips and make the border! LOL!

Got the first strip done! :cheer

Oh, sorry - I forgot to post! I had printed the pattern online, most likely from AA. I finally found it on FreePatterns.com and I was, indeed missing the last page where it told me how to join the strips and make the border! LOL!

Got the first strip done! :cheer

Oh, good! I'm so glad you were able to find it! :yarn

So far tonight I've done the Waldo's Puzzle, Star OVerlay and the Butterfly Garden. These are wonderfully easy patterns for me to do and I"ve BOMBED on other granny squares, or working in the round before, so I'm so thrilled. Since I plan to make 20 12" squares for this Relay ghan I need to find one more pattern I like and I will make five of each of them.

Here are some pics

PhotoLibrary-1733.jpgButterfly Garden

Joyce

You mentioned you'd like to find another square. I just remembered that this butterfly garden square takes on an entirely different look when you change the color combination. You might try that.

If you look at the Heart of Family afghan in my blog you may be able to see that 2 of the squares are this pattern. They look different though because of the different color changes.

Krystal - that is just beautiful!!!

I ended up starting my rainbow sq all over. the 'no dye lot' didn't match right smack in the middle of the pink. That's OK cuz I ended up tweaking the pattern a little bit and i like it even better!

Those squares are beautiful!

You mentioned you'd like to find another square. I just remembered that this butterfly garden square takes on an entirely different look when you change the color combination. You might try that.

If you look at the Heart of Family afghan in my blog you may be able to see that 2 of the squares are this pattern. They look different though because of the different color changes.

THANKS Barbara Jean. That's a terrific idea and I"m gonna give it a shot tonight!

Joyce

I meant to thank you earlier for your encouragement regarding the difference in the appearance of my squares. It's just what I needed!

Joyce

Oh, good! I'm so glad. How are you joining your squares?

Oh, good! I'm so glad. How are you joining your squares?

I was thinking of using the Dudessembly method. I am not havinga problem keeping the squares the same size. The main problem I was having was that how the rings in my Waldo's Puzzle squares are interlocked looks different for each square like that I've done (if that even makes sense)

Joyce

I'm a bad toad. I haven't touched my squares in about a week.

:2nono;) Seriously, we all need a break some times.

Finished strip two! I'm joining now... But I was bad and left my ends this time. I'll get them tomorrow morning. I don't want to be fixing ends at the end...

You're making quick progress. You may finish your second before I finish my first!

3 of 7 skeens completed.

This pattern calls for 7 skeens of yarn. The finished product is supposed to be 51" X 71". I just measured it and it is 55" X 30" so I don't imagine I'm going to need all 7 skeens of yarn. It's soooo pretty! :yay

3 of 7 skeens completed.

This pattern calls for 7 skeens of yarn. The finished product is supposed to be 51" X 71". I just measured it and it is 55" X 30" so I don't imagine I'm going to need all 7 skeens of yarn. It's soooo pretty! :yay

When do we get to see another pic?

Joyce

I haven't worked on my afghan at all this week. :ohdear

I've been making baby things for BityBabyNurse. So far I've made 4 hats, 1 pair of mittens, 2 pairs of booties, and 1 preemie afghan.

I haven't worked on my afghan at all this week. :ohdear

I've been making baby things for BityBabyNurse. So far I've made 4 hats, 1 pair of mittens, 2 pairs of booties, and 1 preemie afghan.

Well, it sounds like you've still accomplished a great deal! Will you be returning to your afghan now?

I'm hoping to get at least a few rows done on my afghan. I feel bad leaving it just sit there, unloved. I had gotten more yarn in baby colors earlier this week to make more baby things and it would be a waste not to use it.

I think I'll have to put myself on a schedule -- Monday and Tuesday - baby stuff; Wednesday, Thursday - afghan; weekend - whatever I want to work on. That should work, don't you think!?!?!

I'm hoping to get at least a few rows done on my afghan. I feel bad leaving it just sit there, unloved. I had gotten more yarn in baby colors earlier this week to make more baby things and it would be a waste not to use it.

I think I'll have to put myself on a schedule -- Monday and Tuesday - baby stuff; Wednesday, Thursday - afghan; weekend - whatever I want to work on. That should work, don't you think!?!?!

Sounds like a plan to me! :dance

Actually, I think that is a really good idea! :yay

I am still fairly new here so I'm going to attempt to post a photo (hope I do it right). Here is what one of my hexagons looks like. It is made with Lion Brand Homespun in Tudor. I have others that are 1/2 Tudor and 1/2 Deco. I just love the way the color changes on this yarn - it makes it look like you've done more work than you actually have :hook

2natlid.jpg

Archived