Miscellaneous Afghan CAL

BarbaraJean

I've started the new baby afghan. It's really pretty but I've not made much progress on either afghan as I'm feeling worse again. I'm going to finally give in and go to the doctor this afternoon. I'm pretty sure I have strep throat. :worried

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BarbaraJean--Feel better!! The DR will give you some Rx so you can feel better!! Be better enought to crochet but not better enough to do anything else! (Haha)!

I hope you feel better soon!!

Thanks, ladies! Started my antibiotic last evening and hoping to feel some relief soon!! I'm miserable. My house is a mess but I just can't seem to get anything accomplished when I work on it for 10 minutes and then go lay down for 30.

Hooray! I've fixed my Flying Afghan squares, joined them, and started the border! I bet it'll be done by the end of the weekend.

Great job!

You go get plenty of rest for the next few days. We'll be here when you get back. Oh, and don't worry about the house. Cleaning (and breathing in all those cleaner fumes) and stirring up dust won't help you feel better. Just leave the cleaning til next week when you feel better.

You go get plenty of rest for the next few days. We'll be here when you get back. Oh, and don't worry about the house. Cleaning (and breathing in all those cleaner fumes) and stirring up dust won't help you feel better. Just leave the cleaning til next week when you feel better.

Thanks so much, Laurie! :hug

I tried to crochet a bit this morning but it was tough because my hands are kind of swollen. A side effect of the antibiotic perhaps? :think

Certainly! Welcome! Does your afghan have a name?

It's not set in stone yet, but I'm probably going to call it the Snuggly Stripes and Squares Afghan. I'm glad to be part of a crochet-along again!

Barbara Jean - it is most likelly a need for more water.. both the infection AND the medication can cause this - just start drinking more and more water... if you notice itching along with it, time to call the Dr., though - might be a reaction to your medication. (I know a lot about this!)

BarbaraJean - sorry you are still feeling bad but hopefully your meds will kick in soon - take care of yourself over the weekend and get lots of rest.

antara - welcome to the CAL!!!

I've been reading through this thread (didn't make it through all the pages, but quite a few). These afghans are turning out beautifully! I bought the yarn from mine this afternoon. I'm using Light 'N Lofty in black and beach. I'm excited to get started on it.

Barbara Jean, when I posted earlier, I somehow missed that you haven't been feeling well lately. Take it easy and feel better soon! :hug

Disneypal, thanks for the warm welcome! :)

SnugglyStripesandSquares17inches.jpg

I started on my afghan last night, and as of a little while ago, this is what I had. It obviously needs a bit of blocking, lol.

The picture isn't the best, but you get the idea. When I took this photo, it was right around 17 inches square. Digital photography really isn't my thing, apparently, lol. The colors are really much prettier in person.

I've already completely used one of the three skeins of "Beach" I bought. Apparently, this is going to be a more expensive afghan than I thought, lol. Oh, well...gives me something to save my tips towards, huh? :P

antara - yeah :clap you got started - I love the blue/green color - is that Homespun yarn?

natcat - that is coming along nicely :yay it is really going to be pretty.

I completed 2 more hexagons and then I ran out of yarn.

I thought I might. Now I have to go yarn shopping - darn it :devil

antara - yeah :clap you got started - I love the blue/green color - is that Homespun yarn?

natcat - that is coming along nicely :yay it is really going to be pretty.

I completed 2 more hexagons and then I ran out of yarn.

I thought I might. Now I have to go yarn shopping - darn it :devil

:bow thank you:yay :hook

I love seeing your work!

Thank the good Lord, I've felt great today. I drove our church 15 passenger van today to take some of our ladies on a shopping trip. We had a lovely day together!

Will probably get a bit of crocheting done this evening.

IM001190.jpgBarbara Jean, so glad you're feeling better.

I'm happy to report I'm finished. :clap:yay Here it is...

IM001190.jpg

Now, it's on to my Breast Cancer Ribbon ghan.

Joyce

Barb, I'm so glad to hear you are feeling better.

I am making great progress on my 3 strander. I can't take a pic of it right now because it is getting so big, I don't have enough room at the moment to lay it out flat and take a pic of it. I will have to wait for someone to stop buy and hold it up. It is past my chin, and I am 5'7". Of course, it isn't big enough for my DD yet. So I continue on :hook

Thanks Krystal.

I started on the next ghan. Just got one square done and I've started the experimental ribbon square using Chris Simon's Star Overlay Square with a ribbon instead of a star.

Joyce

Archived