Miscellaneous Afghan CAL

BarbaraJean

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Joyce, thats a lovely square. Good thing you caught the mistake early. I've looked at that pattern before, but until I saw yours I didn't realize just how pretty it was. Your colors are very nice. :cheer

I have been working on squares all morning..so now I am up to 119/1000

WooHoo!!:rock

I'm still here! I am still working on the simple "pink" afghan....even though its green. I will post more pictures as work progresses....

Looking forward to it!:U

Molly, your flying afghan is very cool! Lots of nice squares there! Great job! :cheer

Well, I finished 5 more squares tonight so I'm at 25/35. I'll try to get a pic of the squares tomorrow. I hope I can find the extra batteries, lol.

Molly ! Your flying afghan is absolutely gorgeous :yay

Julexia: You are getting so close to getting all those squares done :cheer

I completed stitching together 1 strip of mine. (Sorry, I know it isn't the best photo but I wanted to hurry and post before I left for work). All the hexagons ARE the same size, it doesn't look like it because of the angle of the shot. I'm hoping to attach another strip to this one tonight.

3zitp3b.jpg

Hi!

I am a beginner crocheter and have just started my first project - a ripple afghan. I'm just a few rwos into it.

This site is wonderful, and I'm finding this crocheting to be incredibly relaxing and addictive!

:)

Molly the afghan's beautiful. I'm gonna go check out your blog too. Is that Drew's Dudessembly joining method? How did you find it worked for you? I read the directions and was going to use for that Relay ghan but I was waaaaaay to intimidated. I kinda think I should just jumped in and tried it, but...Any advice/opinion would be appreciated

Disneypal, wow, I can't WAIT to see that come together (bet you can't either)

WElcome Sunbee. yes, show us pictures!

Joyce

Joyce, that is the Dudessembly method. When I first looked at the instructions I wasn't sure how it was going to go, but once I started getting into it it made sense. It's actually really easy. The way it works is you edge your first square with a round of single crochet, then a round of 2 dc, ch 3 (slightly different at the corners, of course). Then you edge your second square with a round of sc and you do one side with the 2 dc, ch 3 pattern, but then after you've turned your first corner you start doing the special technique where you pull a ch-2 through the corresponding chain space on the other square. I really think the biggest catch is noting how you join the corners. Just jump in there and give it a shot -- what's the worst that could happen? :hook

Thanks everyone - I can't wait to finish it. :)

Sunabee - :welcome welcome to Crochetville and to your new hobby of crochet.

You will get hooked :hook on crochet and this place. There are so many talented people here and everyone is so helpful.

Are you joining our CAL? I hope so - we look forward to seeing your progress.

BarbaraJean - can I add another afghan to this CAL:? I started it during lunch time yesterday. It is the called "Cancer Ribbon Filet Square Afghan" :pink Thanks

Joyce, that is the Dudessembly method. When I first looked at the instructions I wasn't sure how it was going to go, but once I started getting into it it made sense. It's actually really easy. The way it works is you edge your first square with a round of single crochet, then a round of 2 dc, ch 3 (slightly different at the corners, of course). Then you edge your second square with a round of sc and you do one side with the 2 dc, ch 3 pattern, but then after you've turned your first corner you start doing the special technique where you pull a ch-2 through the corresponding chain space on the other square. I really think the biggest catch is noting how you join the corners. Just jump in there and give it a shot -- what's the worst that could happen? :hook

Thanks Molly. I just may jump in with the Breast Cancer ribbon and roses ghan. I LOVE how that assembly method works!

Joyce

Molly, your afghan is beautiful! :cheer

Disneypal, that afghan is going to be gorgeous once it's completed! I love the colors you chose.

Last night, while working on my afghan, I had a hard lesson in why you always count your stitches. I decided to go ahead and count just to make sure all four sides were even and one side was 5 stitches smaller than another. Going back and trying to figure out where I made the original mistake, I found that I had shorted a stitch way back in round three. :( Frog, frog, frog. I was on round 15. I am now back up to round 8.

Ah, well. It's all part of the craft, I suppose. :)

Molly, I love it ...its beautiful.....

Disneypal. Looking oh oh so good.

:waving Welcome aboard Sunabee......:)

Hey All

I've gotten all four of my Rose on the Square squares done (one is going in each corner) and I"m in the midst of making 6 ribbon squares, one for each row. Wanted to post a pic of the ribbon square I'm making. I have all but one ribbon attached to a square and then I'll put the edging on them so they all look like this one

Photo4.jpg

I think this one may go faster than the last one, let's hope the next one after this (Daffodil Days, which will be slightly bigger) goes faster. I've already used my new 'puter to do a layout for each of them I'm such a dork LOL

Joyce

Archived