Miscellaneous Afghan CAL

BarbaraJean

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Everyone,

You all are doing so well. And everything looks so good. I have started today a Crochet Afghan (Soft Boucle -Zig Zag and Bobbles Afghan to crochet) by Bernat.

I did have a little bit of problems with (dec2tog) and (dc2tog) but have it figured out. They explain pretty well in the directions on how to do it.

So at this point I am off to a good start.

And would like to say to all of you keep up the great work.

BarbarJean, please add me to your list.

Thanks so much,

Debra

Joyce, your afghan is beautiful!

Disneypal...actually, it's Light & Lofty. I love Homespun, but L & L is at least slightly more in my price range, lol.

Barbara Jean, I'm glad you're feeling better!

antara, I love the colors you chose! Very striking! :cheer

Carol, your afghan is coming along nicely! Great job! :cheer

Joyce, your afghan is beautiful! Lots of lovely squares there! Great job! :cheer

Amber and I are going to my dads next weekend so now I have to finish the blankie I'm making for his furbaby Rockette. My stepmom stole the 1st one I made for her - she said it was too pretty for a dog!

Anyways - I's a lapghan sized Hot pink grannyghan.

Antara,

thank you..

Forest and Natural.

Well I was off to a good start and I just didn't like it so I have taken it apart several times. Taken a break at the moment. I find this yarn a bit hard to work with. There is alot of inconsistancy with the yarn. Which bothers me a bit. But once I get through the first two rows, I will be good to go...( I hope) lol...

Do you have any pics of what your doing? Sounds pretty?? I am not real familiar with name of stitches or what have ya.

That's going to be really pretty! I love the "Forest" color. This is what I have done on my afghan so far...just took this pic a couple minutes ago. So far, it's about 27 inches across. Try to ignore those computer cords in the background...I didn't realize they were there until I'd transfered the photo to my computer and I'm too lazy today to take another one. :blush

SnugglyStripes2.jpg

I have started today a Crochet Afghan (Soft Boucle -Zig Zag and Bobbles Afghan to crochet) by Bernat.

I did have a little bit of problems with (dec2tog) and (dc2tog) but have it figured out. They explain pretty well in the directions on how to do it.

So at this point I am off to a good start.

And would like to say to all of you keep up the great work.

BarbaraJean, please add me to your list.

Hey, welcome to the CAL. I've always wanted to make something with Soft Boucle - I pick it up almost everytime I see it. I love the colors you chose. The afghan I've been working on is mostly comprised of 2dctog and 3dctog, so I can relate to the trying to figure that part out. Once you get it though, it is really easy.

I only have 2 more hexagons :yay and I expect to finish them up tonight. I am so excited. I know I would not be this far along had it not been for this CAL. I'm already thinking of my next afghan and just like Joyce, I plan on doing a Breast Cancer Ribbon Afghan. I want to make it for a friend of mine for her birthday - she lost her mom to breast cancer a couple of years ago.

That is also motivation to finish this one - I will only allow myself one WIP at a time so I need to finish this one up so I can start the next one.

I'm not sure yet how big it's going to be. I want to be able to snuggle up easily in it this winter, though, so it'll be pretty big, I think. It's going to be longer than it is wide, the square part I'm working on now is the center.

Disneypal, I can't wait to see your finished afghan! I love hexagon motifs, I'm sure your blanket will look great! :cheer

Thank-you Disney Pal.

I finally got off to a good start after several tries and everything is going smoothly. Congratulations on finishing up your hexagons tonight...weeewhoo.

Antara,

Big is good... Can't wait to see how it turns out... :)

I only have 2 more hexagons :yay and I expect to finish them up tonight. I am so excited. I know I would not be this far along had it not been for this CAL. I'm already thinking of my next afghan and just like Joyce, I plan on doing a Breast Cancer Ribbon Afghan. I want to make it for a friend of mine for her birthday - she lost her mom to breast cancer a couple of years ago.

Wow, it seems like you just breezed through the rest of those hexagons, way to go! :clap

I can't wait to see your work on the Breast Cancer ghan, which one are you going to do? A graph? I am still too afraid to try it though I love the one posted recently in the Home Decor Show and Tell section.

Joyce

Well ladies, I have just sat here and read through all 42 pages and figure I better get my backside into gear. I am trying to get an afghan completed for Tapanga for her baby. She is making the sandman from crochetgarden but it is killing her and she is going crazy, so I am determined to make her a afghan before the bub arrives and get it to America.

Last week I made a start on no less than 10 different patterns, I just could not get in the groove. Finally I settled on a ripple for her. This is something I could never quite master either, but after 15 rows I think it is working.

I have worked 10 days straight and have the little one home with croup, so I have not had much time as I am EXHAUSTED. Please send me some positive vibes across the oceans to me

Wow, it seems like you just breezed through the rest of those hexagons, way to go! :clap

I can't wait to see your work on the Breast Cancer ghan, which one are you going to do? A graph? I am still too afraid to try it though I love the one posted recently in the Home Decor Show and Tell section.

I thought the same thing about getting through the rest of those hexagons - I think once I reached the "50" mark, I was determined. I finished the final 2 last night and will start joining tonight - that is always the fun part :P

Here is the breast cancer ribbon afghan I plan on doing next:

http://www.crochetcabana.com/craftycorral/archives-2007-jan.htm

Samio: sorry your little one has been sick. Have fun making your ripple-ghan.

I'm sending you some positive vibes ...:flower:mdust

I was hoping to have my DD's 3 strander done by now, but it was just too hot this weekend to have this huge ghan in my lap, so i will have to work on it early in the day before it gets too hot.

I just heard they are calling for colder weather this weekend, so I hope to have it done for her by then.

I got another 5 squares done. So I now have 20/35. I'll be so happy when I finish the squares!

Yay! Only 15 more to go!

Well ladies, I have just sat here and read through all 42 pages and figure I better get my backside into gear. I am trying to get an afghan completed for Tapanga for her baby. She is making the sandman from crochetgarden but it is killing her and she is going crazy, so I am determined to make her a afghan before the bub arrives and get it to America.

Last week I made a start on no less than 10 different patterns, I just could not get in the groove. Finally I settled on a ripple for her. This is something I could never quite master either, but after 15 rows I think it is working.

I have worked 10 days straight and have the little one home with croup, so I have not had much time as I am EXHAUSTED. Please send me some positive vibes across the oceans to me

Welcome! I'll get your name added to the list.

I thought the same thing about getting through the rest of those hexagons - I think once I reached the "50" mark, I was determined. I finished the final 2 last night and will start joining tonight - that is always the fun part :P

Here is the breast cancer ribbon afghan I plan on doing next:

http://www.crochetcabana.com/craftycorral/archives-2007-jan.htm

Samio: sorry your little one has been sick. Have fun making your ripple-ghan.

I'm sending you some positive vibes ...:flower:mdust

Congrats! It always feels good to get the motifs done and move on to the joining, doesn't it!

I was hoping to have my DD's 3 strander done by now, but it was just too hot this weekend to have this huge ghan in my lap, so i will have to work on it early in the day before it gets too hot.

I just heard they are calling for colder weather this weekend, so I hope to have it done for her by then.

I know what you mean about not wanting a project in your lap when it's hot. I usually take a project with me when we go camping. I love to sit in the cool of the evening outdoors and crochet!

So, I've started my ribbons and roses Breast Cancer ribbon afghan and had an epiphany just now...See, I've made two of four Rose on the Square squares

http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/cr_needlework_crochet/article/0,1789,HGTV_3260_1368602,00.html

and realized that I crocheted the square around the rose BACKWARDS. So, on my third attempt, I've got it right but now I have to frog the first two squares and start over :ohdear

Here's a picture of the wrong way to do it (this one, if you can't tell, clearly the stitches on the "right side" should be on the "wrong side". I held the rose facing away from me when attaching the square)

Photo3.jpg\

SIGH

Joyce

Joyce - oh no! Don't you hate when you have to un-do all your work - that is so frustrating. Last night on my final hexagon, I was on the last row and saw a mistake on the 2nd row and had to undo it - it wasn't too big of a deal but it was still aggrevating :thair

So far though, it is looking pretty - love the colors.

Joyce - oh no! Don't you hate when you have to un-do all your work - that is so frustrating. Last night on my final hexagon, I was on the last row and saw a mistake on the 2nd row and had to undo it - it wasn't too big of a deal but it was still aggrevating :thair

So far though, it is looking pretty - love the colors.

Yeah, I'm a bit aggravated, but I think they'll take a half hour each to fix so it's OK, I guess

Joyce

Archived