Miscellaneous Afghan CAL

BarbaraJean

Mel - the key with a big hook and multi strands is to make sure your hook is big enough that you can work loosely. If you've got a snug tension, it will be very rough on your wrists! If it's loose, that blanket will drape better and your wrists will thank you. I wouldn't do 3 strands with anything other than a P or Q.

K

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm using a P hook. The Q was a tad big with the Simply Soft. So far so good. I'm on row 19.

This is interesting. I just ran out of the chocolate, but still have some watermelon and new white:think. Just goes to show you that not all yarn has the same yardage.:shrug

Well, I am still pluggin' away at my afghan. Didn't get a lot done over the past couple of weeks, as work has been busy, but I am still making progress, such as it is. :lol Maybe I can snap a pic of what I have so far soon.

:yes Yep, wanna see a pic!

I am making a 3 strand ghan with Caron Simply Soft in Watermelon, Chocolate and New White for my DD. I've never done a 3 strander before, but I did make a 2 strander last week for my DS.

Does that make me eligible for this CAL? I think I'm going to need some encouragement on this one, since I am using the biggest hook I have ever used and I don't know how this will work with my wrist injury.

Absolutely! :hug

Oops -- this used to brag about how I was all ready to start joining, and then I realized I'd done something really wrong to about half my squares. So now I've got to rip them back by a couple rounds. Yuck. Good thing I'm not on a deadline!

I have my entire Relay afghan put together and started on the border tonight. Don't know how much more progress I want to make, but I think I want to do a picot border...HOw do I do that? Do I just make a picot, then single crochet in the next stitch all the way around? Does it matter how long I make the chain for the picot? I'm thinkign 5 or 6 chains? Any in put would be great. No more pics until it's done. Let's hope that's this week b/c I'm outta here for a week starting sometime this weekend

Joyce

Oops -- this used to brag about how I was all ready to start joining, and then I realized I'd done something really wrong to about half my squares. So now I've got to rip them back by a couple rounds. Yuck. Good thing I'm not on a deadline!

Oh no! It looks great. What's wrong with them?

I made a CAL button if you would like to place it in your blog. I'll post it here and also in the beginning post. Please save it and move it to you own host. Thanks!

calbutton6.jpg

Oh no! It looks great. What's wrong with them?

I made a CAL button if you would like to place it in your blog. I'll post it here and also in the beginning post. Please save it and move it to you own host. Thanks!

calbutton6.jpg

Hi BarbaraJean:cheer

Your CAL button is so cute I love it:yay :yes:hook

Barbara Jean - I like your button - good job!

Molly - sorry you have to rip out some when you were just about to join but it looks like you are really close to being done - that's great.

I got 2 more hexagons done - lately, I've had to work a lot of overtime so I usually don't get home until around 9 pm and I'm too tired most nights to crochet (I get up at 5 am). I'm getting closer though :hook

BarbaraJean, love the button. I have already put it on my blog :D

I was busy crocheter last night. I am now on row 38 of my 3 strander. This is working up so fast. My DD saw it last night before she went to bed and she was shocked at how big it is already.

I tried to get a good pic, but the colors just won't show true :(

th_hilly2b.jpg

clickable

Here is a close up of the stitches. This shows the colors a little bit better.

th_hilly2.jpg

clickable

Hi BarbaraJean

Your CAL button is so cute I love it

Thanks! That was the first I've ever made.

Good Evening All

This picture doesn't have the 4th square I've made, I'll have more made by the end of this week.

th_BluesGrannySquaresWIP00288.jpg

Clickable

Hmmm, I've seen that somewhere. ;)

BarbaraJean, love the button. I have already put it on my blog

I was busy crocheter last night. I am now on row 38 of my 3 strander. This is working up so fast. My DD saw it last night before she went to bed and she was shocked at how big it is already.

I tried to get a good pic, but the colors just won't show true

th_hilly2b.jpg

clickable

Here is a close up of the stitches. This shows the colors a little bit better.

th_hilly2.jpg

clickable

Wow! Great color choices!

Mel- Absolutely LOVE that color scheme. That is sooo HOT right now!

Krystal- LMAO @ your stash needing help!

I continue to slack off on my afghan. I promise, promise, promise that I will complete at least one more square this week.

biz

Krystal, I've used a purple print of the Lion Suede -- is that what you're talking about? I used it to make this scarf: http://cache.lionbrand.com/patterns/clsu-lacyScarf.html. It turned out pretty neat. There are a couple of pictures here: http://somuchtocrochet.blogspot.com/2005/12/more-christmas-scarves.html (they were taken with my camera phone, though, so they're not very good).

Mel

That afghan's gonna be so pretty and warm.

Nat, love the blue squares too.

Biz, I'm sure you'll get to your afghan.

I finished one round of single crochet last night and may get to more of it tonight. I'm having delivery drama with my new computer and software SIGH

Joyce

I'm happy to report that with a touch of internet research I was able to figure out a picot edging for my ghan and began that after completing another round of single crochets. So I hope to have it finished tomorrow and pics posted by Friday latest. Wish me luck

Joyce

I completed 3 more hexagons last night while watching LOST (seems like I crochet faster when I'm watching an intense episode - LOL!!)

34yw844.jpg

Only 8 more to go before I can start joining :hook

I didn't make very much progress on my afghan this week. I think I got all of 3 rows done. I got side tracked making a layette set for a co-worker who found out she's 15 weeks pregnant. I haven't done very well putting my "schedule" into place either. Maybe next week will be better.

Archived