Miscellaneous Afghan CAL

BarbaraJean

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After spending the weekend working on baby things and squares for JessC, I finally got to work a little bit on my afghan. It was only about half a row, but that's ok. At least I worked on it.

I'm sorry to have been silent for so long. In the last 12 days I've been busy, but not with crochet, unfortunately:( However, I did get a little more done on my summer lace afghan. 8 of 24 squares are complete.

It's a "join as you go" pattern, 6x4 squares long and wide. So, one and a half rows out of four are complete. I really like the way it looks, but the Caron Simply Soft is working up smaller than gauge, even though I've moved up two hook sizes.

The squares are not "square", the finished ghan will have a wavy? lacy? edge. So I'm not going to try adding more squares to make it bigger, because I don't want to have to work out a new count for the edging. :think

I read all the posts I missed. Congratulations to you all for working so hard . I've got to get back on track here! BarbaraJean, thanks so much :manyheart for sticking with all of us who haven't been "regulars". Marci

I have all the centers of my squares done. I have 3 full squares done. I decided to make the squares larger using aran instead of black and I love how they are turning out. The aran makes the reds stand out more.

I would have had more squares done if my DH hadn't decided he wanted me to play EVE Online with him, lol. I played games instead of crocheting this weekend. Bad me, hehe.

I'm sorry to have been silent for so long. In the last 12 days I've been busy, but not with crochet, unfortunately:( However, I did get a little more done on my summer lace afghan. 8 of 24 squares are complete.

It's a "join as you go" pattern, 6x4 squares long and wide. So, one and a half rows out of four are complete. I really like the way it looks, but the Caron Simply Soft is working up smaller than gauge, even though I've moved up two hook sizes.

The squares are not "square", the finished ghan will have a wavy? lacy? edge. So I'm not going to try adding more squares to make it bigger, because I don't want to have to work out a new count for the edging. :think

I read all the posts I missed. Congratulations to you all for working so hard . I've got to get back on track here! BarbaraJean, thanks so much :manyheart for sticking with all of us who haven't been "regulars". Marci

I like "join as you go projects". But I'm really enjoying this one piece afghan because there is NO joining. ;) I really like the Caron SS. Mine is actually turning out to be 55" wide instead of 51".

I have all the centers of my squares done. I have 3 full squares done. I decided to make the squares larger using aran instead of black and I love how they are turning out. The aran makes the reds stand out more.

I would have had more squares done if my DH hadn't decided he wanted me to play EVE Online with him, lol. I played games instead of crocheting this weekend. Bad me, hehe.

Not bad you at all! You're nurturing your relationship with your husband and that is extremely important! :manyheart

Hi, My name is Biz and I'm a lazy miscellaneous afghan CAL participant. :blush

My intentions are great. But then things like charity hats/mitties/scarves come along and I get so side tracked by them. To top it off, then people in my family go and have babies and the 'needs' list for them continues to pile up... And THEN all the little kids in my family under the age of 10 decided they all had to be born within a 3 week period of each other and they need birthday gifts. Not just ANY birthday gift will do from Auntie Biz! They ALL know I crochet!! and just like DM and MIL they all want one of EVERYTHING I make! :sigh

I'm a slacker. I know. I've accepted it. I can only hope that you can too.

biz

Hi, My name is Biz and I'm a lazy miscellaneous afghan CAL participant. :blush

biz

That's hilarious, biz! :lol It doesn't sound like you've been slacking to me. Obviously, you've accomplished a lot! How wonderful for you that your family wants crocheted gifts from you. That would make me feel very special.

I'm glad you checked in though. It's great to hear what you're up to. We'll still be here when you get a chance to get back to your afghan. :yes

Hey, just checking in. I had been just having to make myself work on the Fisher House afghan (1 row FPtr, 1 row dc and repeat) I started so I really didn't have much progress going on with it BUT, for whatever reason, I got really motivated Friday night and now I only have 10 rows left!!!! Can't wait to finish it (hopefully tonight) and post a picture.

Barbara Jean, thanks so much for keeping this CAL going. You are doing an awesome job motivating and encouraging our group.

Hey, just checking in. I had been just having to make myself work on the Fisher House afghan (1 row FPtr, 1 row dc and repeat) I started so I really didn't have much progress going on with it BUT, for whatever reason, I got really motivated Friday night and now I only have 10 rows left!!!! Can't wait to finish it (hopefully tonight) and post a picture.

Barbara Jean, thanks so much for keeping this CAL going. You are doing an awesome job motivating and encouraging our group.

Oh my! When you get going, you really get going! :D Looks like you may be the next of our CAL to complete a project. :cheer

Oh My! I'm back to report I got nothing done on my afghan today. Sorry everybody. But, I did work on the Blue Star Afghan CAL. Yep, I admit it: I'm a CAL junkie.:lol :lol

And these aren't the only two I'm working on. Also, I dug out a sampler afghan that's been in my WIP closet for a year and decided to finish it.

It looks like there are 15 squares complete out of 63. Good Grief!

I did have a plan for today. I worked on the Blue Star afghan this afternoon and saved the Summer Lace afghan for this CAL til tonight.

However, my DH is taking me to the movies tonight to see "Happy Feet".

Maybe when I get home I'll be able to get my happy fingers moving through at least one square.

Thanks everybody for all the motivation:manyheart Marci

OOOOh, I want to see happy feet.

I am doing what I always do. I have a deadline and I'm working on everything BUT what I need to work on. I've been frogging the sweaters I bought at the thrift store yesterday. Took all I could not to start on the project I want to use them for. :(

DH works late tonight, so I'll be a crocheting madwoman once the kids are in bed.

Krystal! I've been frogging sweaters too! Perhaps I should say I'm attempting to frog sweaters. I was pretty successful with the first but the second is proving to be much more difficult. This was my first time to try this.

Barbara Jean -

I have found a couple of things out:

1. Make sure you get a sweater whose side seams are sewn rather than serged. I have found Old Navy and Dress Barn ones that have a floss-type seam down them, and if you get this floss just right, it unravels just like a bag of potatoes (or dog food).. pretend the seam is a line of crochet to figure out what to cut and what to pull...

2. If it's FUZZED, STREEEEETCH the sweater as you frog it. It aids in keeping the fuzzies from catching.

3. Get only CHUNKY knit ones... I can'tIMAGINE frogging the thin stuff....

Here's my sweater and yarns that I have already done...

sweateryafn.jpg

Mine is coming along - I completed 2 more hexagons but still have a way to go. I didn't work on it yesterday because I decided to make some bookmarks to give as Easter gifts (making 12 of them so needed to get started). I plan on working on my afghan tonight though. Hopefully will get 2 hexagons done.

I am VERY proud of yoU!

I am cruising right along with my Shades of Rose. I had to switch it up a bit, so I'm not doing a strip at a time. Now I've moved to doing assembly-line style I made the last 3 strip centers, now I'm onto the next round of the first (of 3) strips... There are 4 different color rounds, total of 7 rows.

:bow I would like to thank all of those who made this possible......

my yarn suppliers....my crochet hook manufacturers.....my mom *sniff*...my dad...my husband and kids, your tolerance helps me do what I do....they only give me 30 seconds and I can't name all of you....but you know who you are...and I love you all.....*sniff*

Cute!! :hook It reminds me of the commercial where the woman is standing on the stairs thanking her travel agent. :lol

Mine is coming along - I completed 2 more hexagons but still have a way to go. I didn't work on it yesterday because I decided to make some bookmarks to give as Easter gifts (making 12 of them so needed to get started). I plan on working on my afghan tonight though. Hopefully will get 2 hexagons done.

I'd love to see a picture of your bookmarks. :yes

Ok be proud of me. I made and attached one square to my comfortghan.:cheer

yay_jump.gif

woohoo.gif

:bow I would like to thank all of those who made this possible......

my yarn suppliers....my crochet hook manufacturers.....my mom *sniff*...my dad...my husband and kids, your tolerance helps me do what I do....they only give me 30 seconds and I can't name all of you....but you know who you are...and I love you all.....*sniff*

laughroll.gif

Archived