Miscellaneous Afghan CAL

BarbaraJean

Hi Ladies

Can i join...im looking to make a one piece afghan for my DD that will give me a break from squares that im doing in the Happy House CAL(Casablanca,Rail Fence :P) ...so i will be doing them and this one.

I will be doing the V-Stitch Shells in Windsor Blue and White.

Cant wait to start it.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cool! :lol

Thanks BarbaraJean!

I think the official name of the pattern I snagged is the "luxe ripple throw" from the Feb/Mar Crochet Today! Magazine... but I've dubbed it my "Woolly Zen Blanket" because the fuzzy yarn between each of the other colours reminds me of the raked sand gardens.

Here's what it looks like so far:

ZenBlanketofDoom.jpg

LaurieE, you're making great progress1

Hi Ladies

Can i join...im looking to make a one piece afghan for my DD that will give me a break from squares that im doing in the Happy House CAL(Casablanca,Rail Fence :P) ...so i will be doing them and this one.

I will be doing the V-Stitch Shells in Windsor Blue and White.

Cant wait to start it.

Welcome! Added you to the first post!

Cool! :lol

Here's what it looks like so far:

ZenBlanketofDoom.jpg

A very pretty ripple. It does look cuddly!

Well, finished row 9 of the border! Only one more round of picots to go and I am DONE!!! :D

Wow! That is quite a border!

Laurie, your afghan is very nice. I like the pattern very much.

MrsPink, nice colors. It looks very snuggly. I looked at that afghan and almost decided to make it but wasn't sure about having enough variety of yarns that were washable so I opted out. In my house, everything has to be washable with my 4 yr old around, lol.

MrsPink, nice colors. It looks very snuggly. I looked at that afghan and almost decided to make it but wasn't sure about having enough variety of yarns that were washable so I opted out. In my house, everything has to be washable with my 4 yr old around, lol.

I can totally understand the washable aspect... the yarn I ended up using was from my stash that I had been hoarding since I purchased it on Boxing Day (at an unbelievably wicked price! ~$8/ball for the Rowan plaids, original price $23 each!). I'd been at a loss for what kind of project to begin with it at first but couldn't resist buying it anyways. Funny how that happens, eh?

I apparently have no self-control over yarn :lol

Laurie and MrsPink you're both doing well and your work looks great.

Barbara Jean, you are making good progress. Anything worth posting again?

I'm so happy to be here, it sure is motivating to see others' work.

I have 6/20 squares done for the Relay ghan and am working on my 7th. A friend is having surgery tomorrow so I'm certain I"ll get a few done will sitting around the hospital.

so far I have two Waldo's Puzzle, two star overlay, one butterfly garden, one Mandala (I thinkt hat's what it's called) and tonight I started another butterfly garden. I can't believe how quick this was going and to think I was afraid of granny squares..

Joyce

Barbara Jean, you are making good progress. Anything worth posting again?

Joyce

Well, it really just looks the same. I ran out and took a picture but it really doesn't look much different from that last one I posted.:)

I like the Butterfly Garden square.

I'm DONE!!!

It's on its way to the school now. I finished it LATE last night, weaved in the ends this morning and BARELY had time to snap a picture before my daughter whooshed it out the door for the bus!

th_peachydone.jpg

It's called "Peachy" by Terry Kimbrough

I'm DONE!!!

It's on its way to the school now. I finished it LATE last night, weaved in the ends this morning and BARELY had time to snap a picture before my daughter whooshed it out the door for the bus!

th_peachydone.jpg

WOW!!! That is GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm DONE!!!

th_peachydone.jpg

Krystal, that is stunning! That border was a lot of work but definitely worth it. Congratualtions!

Krystal

That is so pretty and i loved that you did it in off white...im doing one out of the same book called Shells Galore...she does the most beautiful work and i can only hope mine turns out half as good.

MrsPink - you afghan looks SO soft !!!

Krystal - that is BEAUTIFUL - I know you made it for charity but I don't think I could part with that!

My company has returned home so I will be able to get back to working on my afghan tonight - whoo hoo!

30 skeins? I thought 6 or 7 skeins was alot. :)

So did I. But I made a birthstone afghan in November that had the birthstone colors for 10 family members in it and it ended up being 27 skeins plus one skein for edging and my sister LOVED how big it was. I talked to the recipient today and he said he and his fiancee have been sleeping with it on the bed EVERY NIGHT since he got it at Christmas and that while it's heavy it's much loved.

OK, so I have nine squares made and have started the 10th...here's what I need encouragement with:

Each of the Waldo's puzzle squares looks different from the others. I keep telling myself that's because this is HAND made and not MACHINE made, but I don't know that I'm convincing myself. This ever happen to anyone when making squares?

Joyce

OK, so I have nine squares made and have started the 10th...here's what I need encouragement with:

Each of the Waldo's puzzle squares looks different from the others. I keep telling myself that's because this is HAND made and not MACHINE made, but I don't know that I'm convincing myself. This ever happen to anyone when making squares?

Joyce

Absolutely! I'll be right back with a link for you.

This project:

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=24835

There were 15 12" squares. made by 11 or 12 different ladies. You can imagine the challenge there. I decided to whipstitch them together because I think it would have been much more difficult to crochet it together when there wasn't the same amount of stitches on each square. There's a picture of the completed project near the end of the thread and also in my blog.

Archived