Miscellaneous Afghan CAL

BarbaraJean

How about you, Joyce? Will you be working on another afghan once this one is finished?

I'll DEFINITELY still be around I have THREE more afghans to make after this one. They're all for charity auctions and the first one has to be done end of May (I think)

Joyce

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi ladies. I think I'm becoming addicted to CAL's as well as yarn. It's always so much fun to work on projects together! I just love this idea cuz we're always making assorted things.

Mind if I sign up, too?

BarbaraJean - I've always thought it would be neat to have one of these CAL's where the first post has a link to the post where the finishers have their pictures - Y'know, somthing like:

Krystal - "Peachy" - COMPLETED (and this be a link to my post with the picture)

That sounds great!

I'll DEFINITELY still be around I have THREE more afghans to make after this one. They're all for charity auctions and the first one has to be done end of May (I think)

Joyce

Good! I'm glad you'll be here! Be sure to let me know what your next afghan is so that I can add it to the first post.

Hi ladies. I think I'm becoming addicted to CAL's as well as yarn. It's always so much fun to work on projects together! I just love this idea cuz we're always making ***'t things.

Mind if I sign up, too?

I'll add you to the first post. Welcome! :clap Does you afghan have a name?

IM001177.jpgWell, I'm done. OK, so I cheated a touch and decided to just go once around with the gray, but this thing's HUGE and HEAVY with all that Homespun. You figure, 27, 6 oz. skeins UGH and me with torn cartilage in my rib cage not good. Anyway, here goes, it's folded in eighths in this pic

IM001177.jpg

My next ghan is going to be a shades of purple Relay for Life afghan with the Waldo's Puzzle square making at least one appearance, so Barbara Jean, you can change my stuff on the first post.

Joyce

Julexia - I must say your first square is great! I love the warm, rich colors!

Joyce - I love your finished afghan - it does sound like it is really big (27 skeins! WOW!). You did a fantastic job!

My next ghan is going to be a shades of purple Relay for Life afghan with the Waldo's Puzzle square making at least one appearance, so Barbara Jean, you can change my stuff on the first post.

Joyce

Congratulations! She's going to love that!

Gotcha' updated!

Thanks all. Im soooooo glad it's finished because it's so big. My sis picked the colors, but they're the exact colors I would've picked for her if I didn't have her input, she's a HUGE fan of burgundy and the only room in her house without some shade of it is her grandson's spiderman room

I've moved on and have the 1st Waldo's Puzzle square for my next afghan nearly done. I just took a break to eat some dinner. Back to crocheting in a bit.

Joyce

I'm so psyched and I wanted to share. I absolutely LOVE Chris Simon's square patterns. http://www.geocities.com/cdjsimon/crochet.html

So far tonight I've done the Waldo's Puzzle, Star OVerlay and the Butterfly Garden. These are wonderfully easy patterns for me to do and I"ve BOMBED on other granny squares, or working in the round before, so I'm so thrilled. Since I plan to make 20 12" squares for this Relay ghan I need to find one more pattern I like and I will make five of each of them.

Here are some pics

PhotoLibrary-1732.jpgThe star overlay

PhotoLibrary-1733.jpgButterfly Garden

PhotoLibrary-1734.jpgWaldo's Puzzle. I wasn't perfect on this one and one of the rings turned on me, but I've been more conscious of the issue with the second Waldo's Puzzle square.

I just HAD to share

Joyce

RoseRed, your rainbow square is lovely. That is a very cool pattern. Great job! :cheer

Joyce, your squares are very nice. I also enjoy Chris Simon's square patterns. Your colors are fab. I love purple! Great job on them! :cheer

RoseRed - your afghan is coming along so nicely. I made that same afghan 25 years ago (wow! has it been that long?). I made it for my neice when she was born. I used pastel colors for it. It is a fun afghan to make.

Joyce, wow - you are moving right along so quickly! I like the squares - especially the butterfly garden.:)

Joyce, I used some of Chris Simon's squares for the ladies of my church for our church afghan. The butterfly square is one that was used.

Well, I completed skeen 2 of 7 skeens. I'm making fewer mistakes and really love this delicate looking afghan. Hmmm, will I actually be able to donate it to the craft sale?:lol

I can get in on this one. I'm currently working on a behemoth afghan for my sister that I need to get finished because I have three others to make for upcoming late spring/early summer fundraisers and then, I have one of my own I want to do.

My sister's I'm doing with Homespun and using the Square Elegance patter found here http://www.therockingchair.us/squareeleganceafghan.html. It's coming along, I just made it HUGE!

Thanks for sharing this pattern! I just love the look of it and I've saved it to my 'favorites' folder.

I love Chris Simmons Squares. I used her SuperNova Square to make my very first afghan.

I have not worked much on my cable ghan as I've been out of town and working on some doilies instead and I want to finish the 200 block one first.

I have a feeling we'll still be here when you get back to your cable afghan. ;)

It's been awhile since I've checked out the boards!

I've been uber-stressed in the last week and as a result I started my very first afghan. It's a little slow going (only because I'm all about instant gratification :lol ) but at the same time it's been sanity saving.

Any suggestions on how to keep me motivated on this ginormous project? :worried

It's been awhile since I've checked out the boards!

I've been uber-stressed in the last week and as a result I started my very first afghan. It's a little slow going (only because I'm all about instant gratification :lol ) but at the same time it's been sanity saving.

Any suggestions on how to keep me motivated on this ginormous project? :worried

It's not too late. :yay

Motivation suggestion - check back to this thread often. I was making a daisy afghan/baby blanket (pic in my blog) and joined the Flower CAL. I was making decent progress but slow. Then I received the shower invitation and realized I had about 6 weeks less time than I thought to complete it. I can't tell you how much the ladies in the Flower CAL motivated me and kept me going! I had in finished with a couple days to spare.

I'll add your name to the first post and if you can give me a name of your afghan I'll add that too. :hook

I'm back home from my weekend event. I participate in living history events. It's amazing to me how fascinated people are by my spinning wheel and spinning in general.

RoseRed -- your rainbow square is lovely.

Here's the update on my dazzleaire afghan. I've taken a few days off from this to work on some preemie items for BityBabyNurse.

DSCF0103-adj.jpg

Archived