Miscellaneous Afghan CAL

BarbaraJean

I've gotten some more done on my baby blanket in the past few days...although that frogging really put me behind!!! I'm about a third of the way finished. I should get a good chunk done tomorrow as I am hanging out with my preggo friend (she's 7.5 months along, the father is away temporarily and the dr just told her to cut back work, so she is bored outta her mind! So I'm teaching her to crochet :hook)

I'm proud to say that I got 5 rows done during art history this morning and still managed to take 4 pages of notes!! I was trying to resist but I was falling asleep and the crochet woke me up! Hehe :)

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've gotten some more done on my baby blanket in the past few days...although that frogging really put me behind!!! I'm about a third of the way finished. I should get a good chunk done tomorrow as I am hanging out with my preggo friend (she's 7.5 months along, the father is away temporarily and the dr just told her to cut back work, so she is bored outta her mind! So I'm teaching her to crochet :hook)

I'm proud to say that I got 5 rows done during art history this morning and still managed to take 4 pages of notes!! I was trying to resist but I was falling asleep and the crochet woke me up! Hehe :)

Wow! Great progress, Jessica! I'm really wanting to work on mine right now but I have house work to get done so it will have to wait a couple hours.

Yeah! That is great - I'm looking forward to seeing a pic of the FO :)

I completed another hexagon last night. I planned on completing 3 of them but I was so tired for some reason but at least I did finish one of them.

My theory is that crocheting is so relaxing its a wonder that most of us aren't falling asleep and having to flake the dried spit off of our projects before we can finish them! :yuck

I know, I know...I can really paint a picture, eh?

Ooh, I'd like to join in. I'm working on several afghans at the moment, but my main project now is called Winter White Shells. I'm about 20% done so far after starting Saturday night.

Ooh, I'd like to join in. I'm working on several afghans at the moment, but my main project now is called Winter White Shells. I'm about 20% done so far after starting Saturday night.

Gotcha! Welcome!

Here is my simple afghan.....if anyone can help me learn how to post pics here rather than sending a link...I would appreciate a PM...:ty

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a399/crochetk/melannie015.jpg

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a399/crochetk/melannie016.jpg

I agree! It's great!

My progress so far:

I am so pleased with it so far!!! :yay

You should be!

I'd have so much more done if I didn't keep frogging! :yes

Well, I made my first basic granny square in 2 colors of blue, delft blue & light blue, & it's laying on the coffee table, I think it came out pretty good..

When I get a couple more made, I'll post a picture of them.. On the outside of the granny square, for a little extra, I made a half double crochet stitch, in every stitch, & in the corners, I made 4 HDC, so, when I am ready to sew them together, it'll be nice & strong, atleast i think so:yay :yes

The exciting thing is just getting started on them, with the straight ripple, & the round ripple just to the left of me on the couch, I've been busy, but this granny square just thrills me:manyheart

The exciting thing is just getting started on them, with the straight ripple, & the round ripple just to the left of me on the couch, I've been busy, but this granny square just thrills me:manyheart

I think there is always something exciting about starting a new project. :)

Today was a 'get nowhere on the misc afghan day'. It took me ALL day at work to get my ordering done and then I had a class to teach tonight, so it just sat there looking cute and wanting to be worked on. I promise I will love on it tomorrow!

biz

I have 5 squares finished today, & Barbara Jean, you are right, it's exciting just to start a new project, I'll get a couple more done tomorrow, & post them, if that's ok!!

Got a lot more progress done yesterday - it's about 16" long now.. Only going to be 57 before edging - it's got one of those mondo huge gorgeous borders... the afghan itself isn't anythying special without that border.

I'm trying to decide on a border for mine. I don't want to do tassels as in the pattern.

BarbaraJean....your afghan is beautiful! :)

Thank you! :hug I'm very pleased with it. Can't wait to curl up on the sofa this evening with it!

I just did 1 row of double crochet v-stitches around the edge and let that be that. By the time I got to the edge, I was ready to be done.

Archived