Miscellaneous Afghan CAL

BarbaraJean

I started tonight!!!

Here's what I have so far:

WIP02.jpg

WIP01.jpg

I'm using a basic shell stitch and Red Heart Baby Econo in "Candy Print". I'm loving how it's turning out so far!!

And my roommate, bless her heart, says "Awww! That's so pretty! It looks like little shells!!"

Haha...I guess I'm doing the SHELL stitch right!! :rofl

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looks great so far Jessica. I have no updates to post. Been dealing with 'puter problems at home SIGH

Joyce

Oh no! That's no fun. And if you're trying to fix it yourself - very time consuming! Good luck!

My only progress to report is that I've picked a project and bought the yarn. :lol

This is what I've gotten done so far. It doesn't look like it in the photo but the first color is a spring green.

dazzleaireripple001-adj.jpg

Jessica, your baby afghan is off to a great start - I made one with that yarn and loved the results.

Laurie, loving yours too - the colors are so pretty !

I finished up 2 hexagons last night while watching Grey's Anatomy. I hope to get at least 2 more done today.

Laurie, loving the look of your afghan.

As for my computer problems...nothing a new computer won't solve. I've resolved myself to getting it, just need to get by on this one until the new one can be ordered and delivered SIGH

Joyce

This is what I've gotten done so far. It doesn't look like it in the photo but the first color is a spring green.

dazzleaireripple001-adj.jpg

Oh, I love that varigated yarn. I don't think I've ever seen that.

I'll take a picture soon. I haven't yet because it really hasn't taken shape much.

The variegated is Red Heart's Super Saver "Woodsy". I think it's relatively new because I only saw it at JoAnn's about a month ago.

Ok....I will join this one. I am working on an afghan called A simple Pink afghan but I am doing it in Sage. Here is the link for the picture and the pattern. I have found that is this really easy...simple is an understatement because once you hit row two...the pattern is is practically memorized. Glad I found this CAL...here's the link:

http://www.geocities.com/mwillsondesigns/Free/simplepink.html

or just go to crochetpatterncentral.com and go under afghans...scroll down to the S's

That looks really nice. Are those little popcorns?

They're actually called clusters. A dc behind the cluster on the previous row makes it pop like that. When I first read that I would be working behind and on a previous row that it might get complicated but it really isn't at all.

Ok....I will join this one. I am working on an afghan called A simple Pink afghan but I am doing it in Sage. Here is the link for the picture and the pattern. I have found that is this really easy...simple is an understatement because once you hit row two...the pattern is is practically memorized. Glad I found this CAL...here's the link:

http://www.geocities.com/mwillsondesigns/Free/simplepink.html

or just go to crochetpatterncentral.com and go under afghans...scroll down to the S's

Pretty! I've added you to the first post. :hook

The variegated is Red Heart's Super Saver "Woodsy". I think it's relatively new because I only saw it at JoAnn's about a month ago.

Woodsy has been out for a while. I've been carrying it since last July, but there are alot of places that don't carry it.

I'm feeling the tuuuuuug to join this CAL since I am in the process of doing a misc afghan.....but.....do I have time???? Um, yes. I would like to join, please.

My afghan is a 35 square misc granny-ghan. Its going to be donated to our church as a comfortghan. I will post a pic of progress when I get the pic taken, if thats ok.

biz

I love everyone's progress so far. I especially like the shell baby blanket. I love shell stitches.

Here's my progress with the cable afghan:

400072774_9a556a9312_s.jpg400072830_130c76efa8_s.jpg400072950_0b64f4570f_s.jpg400072886_7e34f393dc_s.jpg

I need to make 4 of each square above. The patterns calls for the afghan to be all the same color but I'm thinking of making half in the off white above and the other in a light green.

Archived