Miscellaneous Afghan CAL

BarbaraJean

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did some yard work this morning, finished up the box for my wool swap partner, and tonight I'm making squares for the comfortghan for JessC. I really like how the squares are turning out so I'm thinking this pattern and color scheme may become my next afghan.

I did some yard work this morning, finished up the box for my wool swap partner, and tonight I'm making squares for the comfortghan for JessC. I really like how the squares are turning out so I'm thinking this pattern and color scheme may become my next afghan.

You sound like me - already contemplating the next project. :yes

So.... how is everybody doing?

I had lots of time today but ended up spending it on the Internet :blush I did complete a few rows though.

I have 10/20 squares finished and am working on the 11th right now. I needed an opinion from my best friend on the colors of a variegated yarn I bought before I continued with it and when she approved (She works for the American Cancer Society) I proceeded, but she just had surgery so I was helping her out a bit today too.

While we're at it, I'm looking for a breast cancer ribbon pattern to do an overlay much like the Chris Simon Star Overlay pattern I'm doing. I'll use Chris' background square pattern, but haven't been able to find a ribbon patten that I understand. Anyone?

Thanks in advance

Joyce

Actually, I think that is a really good idea! :yay

I am still fairly new here so I'm going to attempt to post a photo (hope I do it right). Here is what one of my hexagons looks like. It is made with Lion Brand Homespun in Tudor. I have others that are 1/2 Tudor and 1/2 Deco. I just love the way the color changes on this yarn - it makes it look like you've done more work than you actually have :hook

I love that hexagon. I have five colors of Homespun waiting for me to finish my three auction afghans so I can make a ghan for my bedroom and the more I see the more I don't know what to do for myself LOL

Nice work

Joyce

I completed another hexagon today.

I want to have 2 done before the evening is over (but if I can get at least one more done - I will be happy!)

:cheer:yay

I have 10/20 squares finished and am working on the 11th right now. I needed an opinion from my best friend on the colors of a variegated yarn I bought before I continued with it and when she approved (She works for the American Cancer Society) I proceeded, but she just had surgery so I was helping her out a bit today too.

While we're at it, I'm looking for a breast cancer ribbon pattern to do an overlay much like the Chris Simon Star Overlay pattern I'm doing. I'll use Chris' background square pattern, but haven't been able to find a ribbon patten that I understand. Anyone?

Thanks in advance

Joyce

I've not seen anything about a ribbon pattern.

I was hoping to finish the 4th strip of my Shades of Rose (in Green :lol) but spent the day here organizing the comfortghan for Jess. Now I'm working on the strip, but don't think I'll finish tonight. I need to have this ghan done before next weekend, as the squares are all to be in by then, and I'll need to assemble.

I was hoping to finish the 4th strip of my Shades of Rose (in Green :lol) but spent the day here organizing the comfortghan for Jess. Now I'm working on the strip, but don't think I'll finish tonight. I need to have this ghan done before next weekend, as the squares are all to be in by then, and I'll need to assemble.

:) My turn to encourage you to meet a deadline.

I'll be hooking away for JEss on Sunday so this 'ghan will have to wait too.

Barbara Jean, thanks for the response to the ribbon request. I may have to ccome up with something of my own:eek

Joyce

I'll be hooking away for JEss on Sunday so this 'ghan will have to wait too.

Barbara Jean, thanks for the response to the ribbon request. I may have to ccome up with something of my own:eek

Joyce

I think you're up to it! ;) But I will ask around.

Joyce, I think I've seen something before... I'll look ...

Thanks Krystal and Barbara Jean. I may post tomorrow in the searching for patterns section but for now, I've found a pin pattern that I don't completely understand, so I may be asking in the HELP section too ;)

Thanks again

Joyce

http://www.craftdesigns4you.com/pdf/freepinkheartribbon.pdf Here's a chart.

http://www.bevscountrycottage.com/x-stitch/bcribbon.html Here's another.

There's bunch of other links here http://www.bevscountrycottage.com/pink-ribbon.html

Supposed to be one somewhere on this page ($$?) http://www.citiusa.com/misc.html

Hhope some of this helps

Thanks so much. I'll go check it out! I'm a way's away from needing it but my wheels are spinning on these "themed" ghans

Joyce

Hi I am working on an afghan that really has no pattern. I am makeing it up as I go along. It is in all shades of yellow and all types of yarns. I am making 10in by 10in Grannhy Squares. Then doing the last row in white double crochet. If I can finish the roll of film in my camera I will try to post pictures.

Glenda G

Hi I am working on an afghan that really has no pattern. I am makeing it up as I go along. It is in all shades of yellow and all types of yarns. I am making 10in by 10in Grannhy Squares. Then doing the last row in white double crochet. If I can finish the roll of film in my camera I will try to post pictures.

Glenda G

Welcome Rennie! I'll add your name to the first post. Pop in every now and then and let us know how you're progressing. :clap

Well, I FINISHED that strip (#4). It's not joined, and the ends aren't woven in, but I'm dawg tired. I *did* however, finish in all the ends for the other three strips yesterday, so this is the only one not woven in. :D Yay, me.

Yay Krystal! :yay

Well, as I expected, making squares to send to Krystal took up most of my day today so no work on my Relay afghan, but I feel good contributing to the ghans Krystal's putting together for Jess.

Joyce

I've had company all week so I haven't had a whole lot of time to work on much of anything. Just a few hook cases for the long car rides. I love Caron SS with an E hook. It just makes the most wonderful fabric!

Archived