Miscellaneous Afghan CAL

BarbaraJean

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lisa, your Fisher House throw is great - love the blues !

Barbara Jean - you are progressing right along - you are more than halfway there - yeah!

I didn't get any crocheting done last night due to a power outage - I couldn't see a thing!

I get so excited seeing and hearing about everyone's progress. Good on all of you!

I'm on the 20th square of my Relay ghan now and am contemplating going to 24 (I saw somewhere, I think Bev's Crochet Cottage, that adult afghans should be 24, 12" squares). I'm going to layout the 20 when I finish this one and see what I think before I make my decision firm. Then I'm going to go review how Krystal said she's going to do Jess's ghans and make a decision about joining :think

Joyce

I need to join here Late last night I started the "Harlequin Afghan" from Herrschners More Blue Ribbon Afghans. It is made of over 1000 2" squares in a minimum of 19 different colors along with squares of navy blue and all joined with black. It will take time and the ability to find lots of yarn scraps throughout the project.

Well here's my preliminary layout, which gave me insight into the fact that I am nowhere near as organized as Krystal, if you've read the thread about Jess' afghans. Anyway, here's the pic with 20 squares...

IM001187.jpg

I think I'm off to make four more and figure out a better layout

Joyce

It is made of over 1000 2" squares in a minimum of 19 different colors along with squares of navy blue and all joined with black.

Anglefire - WOO! That is quite an undertaking - please join us - the more the merrier!

Joyce - I love your afghan so far - I just love purple !! As much as I love it, I haven't made anything for myself that is purple :think Great work!

Joyce - I love your afghan so far - I just love purple !! As much as I love it, I haven't made anything for myself that is purple :think Great work!

I like purple too. It'll be interesting to see if the folks that will be the audience for this silent auction item feel the same way. They'll all be Relay for Life participants, so hopefully someone will want it. I've been panicking today that no one will bid on it.

Joyce

Well, I'm done with squares:woo

:jumpyay:bow

I have them all laid out on my living room floor on a sheet (thanks AGAIN Krystal) and I'll start joining after work tomorrow. Then I'll have to figure out a border, (found a joining method) any suggestions are welcome based on the earlier pic I posted. Only difference now is there's one more row and it's now 48 X 72".

Joyce

Everything's coming out sooooooooooo beautifully!

I finished the rainbow square AND my 5 1/2 foot 24 point round ripple. I'll take pics in the sunlight tomarrow!

Now that my company's gone (they were here for a week) I can get back into posting again. I miss you guys!

RoseRed, way to go! Can't wait for pics!

Laurie, I think the Crinoline ladies are pretty! I've never tried one though.

I finished the fifth skeen of seven this morning! :yes I'm going to take break from the afghan today though as I'm wanting to try a sweater.

Laurie - your Crinoline Girl is just gorgeous!!

I didn't get much done this weekend on my ripple throw. My Mom, Dad and DD are all sick and my husband fell last week and they found a tear on his meniscus in his knee so he was kinda down and out last night when I got home from church because he had to work yesterday and he was walking on concrete all day so needless to say, not much crocheting got done.

Lisa, so sorry to hear about the sickness in your family. Seems like there is always "stuff" as the weather changes.

I've made baby sweaters (years ago) but I don't remember ever making an adult sweater. I like a free pattern I found at Wal*Mart so will be trying it with some yarn I unraveled from a couple sweaters. We'll see... :lol

Ok ladies - I'm SOOOOOOOO happy. They're both finished and I was able to fix the problem with my digital camera!

This is my version of the:

AWESOME RAINBOW SQUARE

P2130152.jpg

It is 3 feet across,

I used jimbo's I hook which is 1/2 way between an I and a J. (It's PERFECT!) and

Mostly RHSS, the orange was Caron

24 Point Round Ripple

P2130154.jpg

It's 5 1/2 feet from point to point.

I use jimbo's I 1/2 hook (for just about everything that's not 2 stranded)

It was all RHSS in Hot Pink amd Black.

You can see where I added the extra squares. I did 3 rounds of dc, granny shell in the corners and 1 round of sc in black for sewing. 15 st's across I think. Then you just continue on with the round ripple pattern. It's really very easy.

I wanted to do 2 more rounds of pink but I ran out of yarn. :blush

They look great. You did a fabulous job. Where did you find the pattern for the Rainbow Square Afghan?

Rose Red - congrats on finishing both of your afghans :woo

The both are great! I made that same rainbow square for my niece when she was born - 25 years ago (I wonder if my SIL still has it?)

Love the pink and black round ripple - those colors go so well together.

Laurie: The booklet is out of print now but you might can find it on e-bay. It is from 1981 - Leisure Arts Leaflet #191

Thanx so much ladies!

I saw a picture of it. Seriously - then it took about a week and a half and some major frogging, revisions and 4 samples that turned into doll blankets for my daughter and her friends.

I'm really hoping that this isn't a copyright infringement because I just LOVE it so much! Like disneypal said - she made a similiar one 25 years ago.

Archived