Miscellaneous Afghan CAL

BarbaraJean

:bow I would like to thank all of those who made this possible......

:rofl You crack me up!

I'd love to see a picture of your bookmarks.

Okay - I'm kind of doing with them like you are with your afghan - an assembly line of sorts. I'm making all the middles, then attaching the sides, then doing the border. They work up really fast so I hope to have them completed by tomorrow. I'll post a pic when I have a completed one.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
tee hee hee..I'm a bit of a ham.

Really, thanks guys, your encouragement helps me work on this afghan even though I'd rather make mittens and dolls...

Biz, you're a ham that comes across very well in writing which is a whole other talent. You cracked me up (at work no less)

I have my 13th square nearly complete and I hope to start on number 14 tonight (maybe even finish it)

Joyce

Frogging sweaters from the thrift store! Why didn't I think of that:think Lots of times I see a sweater in really pretty colors, and yes, I can see that chunky yarns would save many tears. I get more good ideas from CAL's. I often buy afghans or doilies from the thrift store, just because I know all the time and effort someone put into them and I can't bear to just leave them there.

Krystal, Happy Feet was fun, but you have your own happy feet right there in your yarn picture. :) :)

Also, I'm here to report that I got three more squares done on my afghan!

Only 15 to go. :cheer :cheer (I gave myself a few cheers to motivate me to get away from the computer and go make a few more.) Em

Count me in on this CAL! I actually have two afghans going at once -- the Arrow Stitch Afghan from the Bernat website (which is a gift for my brother) and Drew's "Flying Afghan" from the 2006 pattern-a-day calendar (which I'm keeping all to myself!). I absolutely HAVE to finish my brother's afghan at some point -- I promised it to him ages and ages ago, but I keep getting distracted. And I got a quarter of the way through it when I realized I'd fouled up the beginning so badly I actually had to rip the whole thing out and start over. (No lie.) I've almost worked back up to where I was before the frogging -- hopefully you ladies will keep me motivated! :yes

It's going to be sloooow going, since I'm going out of town this weekend and school's just generally going to be the death of me, but hopefully I'll be able to get a bit done each week, at least. The squares for the Flying Afghan are practically finished -- it's mostly just joining and edging at this point - so I'll post pictures of those soon!

I got 4 rows done on my afghan last night thanks to my grandson. When he plays the playstation, he wants me to be there with him. So while he plays, I crochet. It's a wonderful arrangement.

I got 4 rows done on my afghan last night thanks to my grandson. When he plays the playstation, he wants me to be there with him. So while he plays, I crochet. It's a wonderful arrangement.

Laurie - that's a blessing for both of you. Now you get to monitor his time on computer without him realizing it, plus you are with him and crocheting!

I got a lot done yesterday. I have finished up to round 3 of 7 on the last 3 of my strips... Only 4 more rounds to go on each strip, then a border!

Molly- That arrow afghan looks like its going to be very warm. Are you using Bernat for it? If you are which one and tell me what you think of it?

Laurie- WOW...my son does the exact same thing. He and I are the 'gamers' in the family(however, my gaming isn't anywhere near as good as his) and DH and DD are the movie watchers.

Krystal- Make sure to post pics of the new ghan. I'm interested to see what the heck you are talking about. I just can't picture it in my head. :blush

I hear progress! :yay

Count me in on this CAL! I actually have two afghans going at once -- the Arrow Stitch Afghan from the Bernat website (which is a gift for my brother) and Drew's "Flying Afghan" from the 2006 pattern-a-day calendar (which I'm keeping all to myself!).

Welcome! I'll get your project added to the first post.

Hey everybody! Congratulations on all your hard work. I couldn't sleep last night, so ended up getting two more squares done. Then I got mixed up in a tangle of yarn from a new skein, so spent today winding balls instead of crocheting. :( Hope to have more progress to report tomorrow. Marci

Started my 15th square tonight. Am second guessing joining method and may be pestering for advice on that soon. I don't like whipstitching, and I KNOW Krystal has some neat joining methods so, I'll be buggin' ya'll

Joyce

:devil

Who, me? Joining methods? Actually, I don't REALLY have them - I have heard about them from others and used them myself.

Depends on the "look" you want!

As for my 'ghan, I finished the 4/5 rounds on all of the strips, now to do the 6/7 rounds for the remaining 3 strips. Then to join, then to border.

(I had a golf-ball size piece of yarn leftover from a pounder - talk about CLOSE!)

Things are moving along quite nicely with my Rowanspun Chunky afghan for the newlyweds. :) I have about 34" completed and it looks like I'll have enough yarn to finish this, even if it turns out to be just a lapghan.....it'll be toasty and warm and the lovebirds can snuggle together while using it, right? ;) I'll post a picture when I get to about 45" or so.

:clap:yay:cheer

It sounds like everyone is moving right along. I am so glad I joined this CAL - you are all so motivating.

I finished 2 more hexagons. I decided to time myself when I made the last one - it took me 30 minutes to make one of them. I thought I was whipping it out faster than that. But as you know if you have ever worked with homespun, it is easy to split so you kind of have to go a little slower (and/or stop and fix the splits). Anyway, I love working on it and I can't wait to finish it!

I haven't been posting much because I've been busy with work and midterms and MOVING into a new apartment.....but I've been trying to work on my baby blanket a little every night, and it's almost done!! I only have about 10 more rows to go!! :cheer

Glad to hear you ladies are doing well. I'm not doing so well right now. I started getting a headache Tuesday afternoon and have gone downhill since then, sore throat and just yucky feeling. :shrug

Some volunteers from our church will be getting together tomorrow to make peanut butter Easter eggs for our youth group fund raiser so I've worked today on making lunch to serve them.

Sorry to hear you're not feeling well. Try taking some allergy/sinus medicine. That's what I always start with.

Glad to hear you ladies are doing well. I'm not doing so well right now. I started getting a headache Tuesday afternoon and have gone downhill since then, sore throat and just yucky feeling. :shrug

Some volunteers from our church will be getting together tomorrow to make peanut butter Easter eggs for our youth group fund raiser so I've worked today on making lunch to serve them.

Pb easter eggs? Do they have chocolate on them? :sigh

I'm actually making some progress! I'm about 16 inches into the arrow stitch afghan (so, about 1/3 of the way through -- not bad considering I was about 12 inches in before The Frogging). And just now I went to Hobby Lobby and was able to get all the yarn I need for joining and edging the Flying Afghan, so I can hopefully get started back up again on that one soon!

Archived