Miscellaneous Afghan CAL

BarbaraJean

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everyone is progressing along so nicely - I'm at a stand still this week because I have company. I love having company but I don't have time to get any crocheting done.

But I'm going to be checking in to see how everyone else is coming along.

Carol, I love those colors!

It's fun reading everyone's progress. I have gotten one row of edging around the whole afghan I'm working on and have started the second row on one side. Getting ready to go settle in to do more tonight. I'm just doing six rows of single crochet, three of each color.

Joyce

HI everyone! I spent the weekend and an extra day away because we got snowed in. I'm afraid I didn't get much done on my afghan as I was busy helping my grandbabies learn to walk. They're 11 months old and my daughter-in-law would be just as pleased if they crawl for another few months:lol :lol

Today I got one more square done, which makes 4 of 24 out of the way. I love the Caron Simply Soft, which I believe BarbaraJean is using, too. It has almost a sheen to it, and it just glides through my fingers.

The lace pattern uses DC, Ch, and Picot in an easy repeat, and there are only 7 rounds to each square, so it works up fast.

Seeing all your pictures and reading about your progress gives me lots of incentive to keep up. Marci

I'm cruising right along on the Peachy afghan (in Aran) but gettting antsy to start on the border... the body of teh afghan is BORING... but, I must trudge on... I want this DONE because I want to get to the other one. I can't mix and match or neither will be done when they need to be... :D

I've been lurking:reyes here for several days and decided to go ahead and plunge in here. I'm working on an afghan for Fisher House and it's FPdcs - not hard, just can't seem to get myself going on it like I should.

So count me in on this CAL and maybe this will help me get going again!!

Well I won't be crocheting for a few days...I have midterms next week and I've been naughty and haven't studied a lick.:eek This weekend I'm also working doubles both Saturday and Sunday. I can't wait for spring break!!!!!!

AND I'm moving over spring break (a week from Monday) so I should probably start packing, huh? It's one of those down the street moves so I will probably just be throwing everything into boxes. :yes

Here are some squares I've done so far, I'm trying to sew them together as I go, so I won't have all of that to do, after I've made as many squares as I need,

th_BluesSquareGrannys002-1.jpg

click to enlarge

Barbara Jean & All,

I'm crocheting an afghan for my son and future daughter in law (this May) so I need to get with it and put some of my other WIPs aside for the time being. I'm using Rowanspun Chunky Tweed in a medium beigy (is that a word ;) ) color and I have about 20" completed. I only have 10 skeins of this yarn and I was thinking that I'd have much more than I would need but already I've used 4 and just began my 5th. My son is hoping it will be about 70" long and honestly, I don't want to do the math and find out that I'll be short of that. :think This might wind up being a very short lap blanket and not an afghan afterall. :blush

Count me in on the CAL, and regardless of the completed size, I'm going for it! :yes :yes

Here are some squares I've done so far, I'm trying to sew them together as I go, so I won't have all of that to do, after I've made as many squares as I need,

th_BluesSquareGrannys002-1.jpg

click to enlarge

I always join as I go too. :yes

Finished the body of my afghan, now to do the BIG FRILLY border! It is, after all - a Terry Kimbrough afghan!

:yayWay to go!

Barbara Jean & All,

I'm crocheting an afghan for my son and future daughter in law (this May) so I need to get with it and put some of my other WIPs aside for the time being. I'm using Rowanspun Chunky Tweed in a medium beigy (is that a word ) color and I have about 20" completed. I only have 10 skeins of this yarn and I was thinking that I'd have much more than I would need but already I've used 4 and just began my 5th. My son is hoping it will be about 70" long and honestly, I don't want to do the math and find out that I'll be short of that. This might wind up being a very short lap blanket and not an afghan afterall.

Count me in on the CAL, and regardless of the completed size, I'm going for it! :yes :yes

Good luck with it! Welcome to the CAL! :clap

Everyone's afghans are looking good. I'm going out of town today for the weekend so I'll have to post a photo of my progress on Monday.

I haven't gotten too much more done on mine, but I'm sick today...But instead of working on this afghan, I've been working on one of my other and one for my fiance's nephew. I might start getting work done on it later.

I'll join in! I've been working on my very first afghan for a few weeks now, wish I could recall exactly when I started, but at least I know I ordered the kit on 11/15 since I posted it, hehe.

I am making the Morning Glory afghan, Maggie Weldon pattern I bought as a kit that came with Bernat Satin yarn. Feels as soft as Caron so-soft, but the yarn is slightly larger and firmer. Seems perfect for an afghan! :hook

7 strips, I have made 5 so far.

2876567020026294795ieLbOD_th.jpg

I've been enjoying the repetative work on the strips. I work on this mostly when times are slow at work, almost never at home, and I've taken it out around town with me a couple of places to work on too, hehe. I don't know why but I'm more nervous about making the simple flowers that'll go on it than the afghan itself. I always feel so lost when I finish up a big or long-term item like this, kinda like the child has grown up and left home or something! So I am working away diligently, but don't want to be done. Oh well, I'll just have to work on my long sweater after this I guess. LOL.

I haven't gotten too much more done on mine, but I'm sick today...But instead of working on this afghan, I've been working on one of my other and one for my fiance's nephew. I might start getting work done on it later.

Aww, sorry you're not feeling well. :hug I hope you're all better real soon. What a trooper you are - sick but still crocheting!

I'll join in! I've been working on my very first afghan for a few weeks now, wish I could recall exactly when I started, but at least I know I ordered the kit on 11/15 since I posted it, hehe.

I am making the Morning Glory afghan, Maggie Weldon pattern I bought as a kit that came with Bernat Satin yarn. Feels as soft as Caron so-soft, but the yarn is slightly larger and firmer. Seems perfect for an afghan!

7 strips, I have made 5 so far.

2876567020026294795ieLbOD_th.jpg

I've been enjoying the repetative work on the strips. I work on this mostly when times are slow at work, almost never at home, and I've taken it out around town with me a couple of places to work on too, hehe. I don't know why but I'm more nervous about making the simple flowers that'll go on it than the afghan itself. I always feel so lost when I finish up a big or long-term item like this, kinda like the child has grown up and left home or something! So I am working away diligently, but don't want to be done. Oh well, I'll just have to work on my long sweater after this I guess. LOL.

Welcome Mermaiden! Sounds like a great afghan! I always think it's nice to have a project that is easy to carry when you go somewhere.

Here are some squares I've done so far, I'm trying to sew them together as I go

I started to do that with mine too but ultimatly I didn't - not really sure why though - now I kind of wish I had been doing that all along (I usually do). Your afghan is going to be so pretty.

Everyone is progressing so nicely - I feel like all of you will be done way before me. :lol

I will be able to get back to working on mine tomorrow night (hopefully) after my company leaves.

I'm sure I'll be here for a while myself, lol, since I only have one square done. But wait! It's not done because I've decided to pull out the last round of sc and add rounds of black to it. I'm going to add the black because Walmart only had 1 skein of the ranch red (center of square) and I want to make this afghan bigger than a tiny lapghan. Here is the square so far:

IMG_0028.jpg

Good for you Krystal:cheer

I have one more row of burgundy edging to do on mine and then three of the gray. Hoping to be done tonight as well

Joyce (whose been absent because of internet issues at home)

So you'll still be here once you finish this afghan, Krystal? You're also working on another afghan?

How about you, Joyce? Will you be working on another afghan once this one is finished?

One of you will be the first in our CAL to finish! I'm wondering how I should update it in the beginning post.

BarbaraJean - I've always thought it would be neat to have one of these CAL's where the first post has a link to the post where the finishers have their pictures - Y'know, somthing like:

Krystal - "Peachy" - COMPLETED (and this be a link to my post with the picture)

Archived