Miscellaneous Afghan CAL

BarbaraJean

I love everyone's progress so far. I especially like the shell baby blanket. I love shell stitches.

Here's my progress with the cable afghan:

400072774_9a556a9312_s.jpg400072830_130c76efa8_s.jpg400072950_0b64f4570f_s.jpg400072886_7e34f393dc_s.jpg

I need to make 4 of each square above. The patterns calls for the afghan to be all the same color but I'm thinking of making half in the off white above and the other in a light green.

That is going to be beautiful! The different textures will be great together. How do you plan to join them?

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That is going to be beautiful! The different textures will be great together. How do you plan to join them?

Thanks:) I think I'm supposed to join with sc and that's likely what I will do to frame the squares.

I have two squares of my afghan done. Sorry I can't post pictures. On my to-do list is get a digital camera and Learn how to use it. I've promised myself to be doing so by the end of March.

I like the afghan so far, but the squares are working up smaller than gauge. I think this yarn is thinner than the RH worsted that's called for. I've already moved up two hook sizes, so I think I'll just live with this size and improvise later.

I'm off to visit my grandchildren (and my son and daughter-in-law) for the weekend. See you all again on Tuesday. Marci

:oops Oh brother! I made several mistakes in row 3. I missed a chain 3 probably 5 times. I didn't catch it until I had started row 4 and it wasn't coming out right. I had to frog what I had done on row 4 and nearly all of row 3! :reyes Oh, well, lesson learned! :P

:oops Oh brother! I made several mistakes in row 3. I missed a chain 3 probably 5 times. I didn't catch it until I had started row 4 and it wasn't coming out right. I had to frog what I had done on row 4 and nearly all of row 3! :reyes Oh, well, lesson learned! :P

Oh, so sorry to hear. i did that with my sister's ghan a couple of times UGH :eek

Joyce

I need help!!

I have this problem when I crochet side to side and I don't know how to fix it...my blanket on either end tends to go in on the sides....like it is getting smaller in width. What causes this, and is there a way to fix it without frogging??

I have this problem when I crochet side to side and I don't know how to fix it...my blanket on either end tends to go in on the sides....like it is getting smaller in width. What causes this, and is there a way to fix it without frogging??

Not sure you can w/o frogging. It sounds like you are missing stitches as you repeat rows. The only way to prevent that is to count your stitches or stitch patterns and make sure you have the correct number.

The other thing could be you are missing the very last stitch that goes in the turning chain.

How do I get it back to the width it was before...is there a way to fill in? Or should I just try to increase at the end of each row? I was planning on doing a border after it's done so I can probably figure a wawy to "fill in" then I suppose.......although I'm tempted to frog cuz I'm not TOO far into it, and it's for my first neice so I want it to be PERFECT!!! :manyheart

Ok it's getting frogged!! :frog:2frog

Yes, it sounded like that was your only option.

I've now had to frog several times on this project. :yes My husband said that being such a perfectionist that perhaps I shouldn't do this particular pattern, that maybe I should find something else. I'm really liking it though :manyheart so I'm going to stick with it. I think that I'll get more and more comfortable with it because the pattern is very repetitive. In fact, once I finish row 5 I will just be repeating those 5 rows until it reaches the desired size. So.... I'm sticking with it. :yay

Good luck!

Ok I did it! I ripped and ripped and ripped until I only had 4 rows left :( But I re-crocheted them all and it looks so much better!!! :cheer Still a little wavy on the ends but I think that may just be from the shell pattern itself...plus I'm going to do some sort of border around it when it's done so that should fix that!! But I'm just about back to the point I was before I frogged it!:hook

Now I have to goto work for the rest of the day...too bad I can't crochet while waiting tables!!! :rofl

I've crocheting for a while now and with a new pattern I need to frog a few times. With some patterns I just need to keep trying because doing the crocheting helps make the pattern make more sense. Recently I made a mistake in a doily I was making. First, I thought it was a mistake just a few rows back but in reality I made a mistake in the very first round!

Ok I did it! I ripped and ripped and ripped until I only had 4 rows left :( But I re-crocheted them all and it looks so much better!!!

Oh, don't you hate it when you have to un-do all your work? BUT...I'm glad that you have them all re-crocheted and they are looking better.

here is what i have so far:

th_P2240006.jpg

sorry about the pic, it didn't download properly. the afghan was supposed to be bigger that is the width of it. i didn't do the measurements right when i wrote out the pattern. so i guess it is going to be a baby blanket

Hi Everyone

I would like to join in, if that's ok:hook

I want to do granny squares, there are 2 different patterns I have, one is a basic granny, & the other one is a tropical spring granny square, I'm going to work on them this weekend.

Speaking of computer problems:angry our printer went down hill yesterday:eek :angry:think & found another one later this afternoon..

Hello, Barbara Jean - mind if I join you?

I just started a Terry Kimbrough afghan last night called "Peachy". I found a great deal on RHSS mill end bags (16oz/$2.99) and bought some Aran. I'm going to donate this one to my children's school for a raffle for their "Arts in Education" program.

So far, it's going pretty quickly - hope to have it done in a couple weeks, with the other things I'm working on slowing me down along the way! I'll take a pic later..

here is what i have so far:

th_P2240006.jpg

sorry about the pic, it didn't download properly. the afghan was supposed to be bigger that is the width of it. i didn't do the measurements right when i wrote out the pattern. so i guess it is going to be a baby blanket

Those colors will be perfect for a baby blanket! Great start! I've added your name to the list in the first post. :clap

Hi Everyone

I would like to join in, if that's ok:hook

I want to do granny squares, there are 2 different patterns I have, one is a basic granny, & the other one is a tropical spring granny square, I'm going to work on them this weekend.

Speaking of computer problems:angry our printer went down hill yesterday:eek :angry:think & found another one later this afternoon..

Welcome! I've added your name to the list in the first post. :clap

I would also like to join in. I'll be making the Blushing Grannies Afghan from the feb/mar '07 issue of Crochet Today! :hook

Hello, Barbara Jean - mind if I join you?

I just started a Terry Kimbrough afghan last night called "Peachy". I found a great deal on RHSS mill end bags (16oz/$2.99) and bought some Aran. I'm going to donate this one to my children's school for a raffle for their "Arts in Education" program.

So far, it's going pretty quickly - hope to have it done in a couple weeks, with the other things I'm working on slowing me down along the way! I'll take a pic later..

Welcome to one of my flower CAL encouragers!

I, too, have completed a few more rows. You can really see the pattern now. I'll post another pic in a few days.

i just added on to my original pattern so now it will be huge. it jumped from 150 3in. sq. to 475 3in sq. so much for getting it done quickly:(

I'm happy to report I've only got four more rows to complete on my afghan and it will be an appropriate width (the length is outrageous). I'm going to have a few skeins of yarn leftover so it will be less than 30 skeins, more like 26-27 by the time I edge it, I think. Currently it's the width of my couch and the length of the sectional sofa my sister has in her Harley room so, I'm almost done so I can move on to the next one PHEW :clap

Joyce

It's after 11, I just finished the pattern. I'll be working on the edging the next week or so and it'll be done. Without edging it is 74.5 inches wide by 134 inches long and with the Homespun, it's ridiculously HEAVY.

I'm happy to report I've only got four more rows to complete on my afghan

Yeah! That is great - I'm looking forward to seeing a pic of the FO :)

I completed another hexagon last night. I planned on completing 3 of them but I was so tired for some reason but at least I did finish one of them.

Archived