15" to 18" doll clothes CAL anybody?

Creativity Woods

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now this is a CAL I can get into!!! I have 3 AG dolls and have already made a couple of outfits for them. Just need to write up the patterns and post them here. Have a look at the finished product and let me know what you think. AG Crochet Clothing

The skirt is based on the 'Triple Play' outfit, can be worn as skirt, strapless top or poncho.

The sweater based on the famous Cocoon sweater.

Hat & shawl just free-handed.

There is a pattern for overalls in this posting in Original Designs.

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=44711

If you follow the technique rather than the actual pattern, it could work.

There is a nightie pattern then the overalls.

I love both thos patterns! I'm guessing I'd just have to make them a little bit bigger through the legs, and maybe a little shorter. I'm going to give it a try this week some time.

Good morning everybody,

Ok, yeah I know it's not morning, but I just got out of bed, so it feels like it. I think I am over the nastiest flu I have had in ears. I wanna go on vacation to Boston in a few days so I have a lot of incentive to get over it quick.

I also have finally figured out the whole blogging thing with photos with some help from a friend. I managed to get my doll dress pattern on there with photos of the dress on Dora, Bitty Baby, Little Snow White, and the AG (Target one) doll. The pattern is with plain ww red heart yarn (DD begged for a certain skein I had, next set will be with caron simply soft) and an I hook.

It fits the AG doll with the back just sewn up without any adjustments, along with Bitty Baby. It is a little snug on Bitty, so it could be made with a slightly larger hook, or left as is since the stitch is stretchy. It will need to have the back left unstitched and overlapped a little at the top to take up some slack for Dora and Snow White. I think it would be cute to run a row of three buttons across the back for the two straps and the back closure. The chest worked out to be about 12" around and the length to about 12.5" from the top of the bib to the ankle.

As you can see in my blog, the photos were taken when only a few rows were done on the skirt. I will add the finished photo on the AG doll later today.

This pattern accomplished what I wanted from a dress/nightgown. It fits all of DDs dolls in this size range, it covers up all the wierd joinery and painted on swimsuits, and it could have sleeves, more on that later.

I would be thrilled if anybody would like to test out the pattern for me and let me know how to make it more readable for others. I haven't written up things like this very much, so I need all the help I can get.

Thanks & have a great day!

OK, so I am nosey!

Has everybody decided what yarn they are using, what doll they are outfitting, what they have decided to make first, all that good stuff?

I need to whip up a few of Darski's Dora outfits, and I want to try some sweaters for AG & Bitty, Along with blankies and hats for the girls. I have a huge stash to bust through, so I don't need to buy yarn, mostly simply soft and red heart ww.

I am also trying to work out the numbers for the cabbage patch dolls right now as we speak. Once I get through that I am on to the bears, to try to find a pattern that works with as many sizes as possible.

Share, share, share, everybody! :hook

I'm working totally with 3 Build-A-Bears, 2 girls and a boy.

I think I'm going to try to modify Darski's overalls to fit the bears. Then I'm going to make a dress for one of my girl bears (probably will start with Helen's and possibly another one from scratch). I also need to make a sweater for Scout at the least. I'll be using mostly Caron SS or whatever I have lying around. I have some WW cotton that I might use for a sundress for one of the girls. I really should re-do Sam's hat, after seeing it on him, I wasn't happy with it. (which is why I haven't posted it...)

Now this is a CAL I can get into!!! I have 3 AG dolls and have already made a couple of outfits for them. Just need to write up the patterns and post them here. Have a look at the finished product and let me know what you think. AG Crochet Clothing

The skirt is based on the 'Triple Play' outfit, can be worn as skirt, strapless top or poncho.

The sweater based on the famous Cocoon sweater.

Hat & shawl just free-handed.

I think the patterns are wonderful.

Helen, I am going to work on my cabbage patch kid and use good old worsted weight yarn. When i got the poor naked CPK with it i got a book of crochet clothes designed for the CPK so I am going to try one of those patterns first. I am starting today but i crochet real slow so i will post pics when i get done.

thanks for the tips about AG dolls. Does anyone know whether the AG dolls have a cloth body like the Springfield ones? I am thinking of getting a Springfield one for a model to use for some of the little girls in my family that have AG dolls... So I was hoping that the clothes would translate easily from one to the other without me having to buy an AG doll. :eek

The dolls are very similar. Here is a pic to compare the two.

t60891868.jpgt60891872.jpg

The Springfield doll is on the left and the AG doll is on the right.

Here is a picture of a couple of things I made for the dolls using patterns found online.

t60895476.jpg

The grey top and cream skirt are crocheted and the pink poncho with burgundy skirt are knit.

Lise,

Thanks so much, you weren't lost at all. I forgot to add it in there! I used a size I hook (5.5mm). That was what the recommended hook size was on the Red Heart yarn that I used. I usually start from there and try a swatch of the stitches I want to use and see if I like it. If not then I just keep trying with others until I like what comes out.

PS: I fixed it in the blog with another post and some additional stuff I wanted to add, keep the suggestions coming!

I hadn't noticed the dots till you said that. I guess their new.

I'm needing to do clothes for a CPK and could do some build a bear for a girl. We also have a few various other dolls that could probably use some clothes and I might have to get a Dora some day if I can't get Darski's to work on any we have lol.

I don't think the dots are new... I noticed them a few months ago....

Right now I'm in pattern overload!! I know what I said I'd start first, but I keep changing my mind! :lol

I hope to finish my new afghan tonight or tomorrow and then I can focus on clothes for a bit...

Addey,

Join the club! The one thing that I love the most about this place is gonna be my downfall. Everytime I think I am going to settle down and finish a few projects, somebody has to go and share something totally unresistable :devil

What's a girl to do?

Addey,

Join the club! The one thing that I love the most about this place is gonna be my downfall. Everytime I think I am going to settle down and finish a few projects, somebody has to go and share something totally unresistable :devil

What's a girl to do?

Buy more yarn? :think

I took some measurements of 2 of my bears yesterday. It looks like they're short and round, just like their 'mama'. I think I'm going to have to modify most patterns quite a bit, except maybe the CPK ones. I'm itching to be doing about 7 different things right now and can't pick a direction! (It's really bad because I should be working, since I am at work :lol)

Addey,

The dress pattern I made can be made wider with changing your starting chain. If you do a swatch and can figure out how many more hdc stitches you need to make the waist fit, and how many torso rows it is from the waist to underarm, then how many bib rows to the shoulder for the bib you should be ok. Don't forget to sl st over enough st to keep your bib still centered when you get there, and adjust the number of rows in the straps to cover how far they need to go. I might not be making sense, if so let me know and I will try again. Little frazzled right now.

Ok, ladies, I am headed to BOSTON!

Can you tell I am excited? I promise no yarn shopping. I haven't even allowed myself to look up lys's there.

I am taking lots to do so I won't shop. Be back friday and hope to have a bunch of photos for my blog and a couple finished objects. Have fun!

Ok, ladies, I am headed to BOSTON!

Can you tell I am excited? I promise no yarn shopping. I haven't even allowed myself to look up lys's there.

I am taking lots to do so I won't shop. Be back friday and hope to have a bunch of photos for my blog and a couple finished objects. Have fun!

Have fun in Boston! I haven't been there in ages, but it's a nice place last I was there. :) Travel is the best time to work on stuff... especially if you're traped on an airplane :P

Hopefully I'll have a FO or two to post by then myself. :D

Archived