15" to 18" doll clothes CAL anybody?

Creativity Woods

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK. I'll post my pattern for the bear hat tonight when I get home from work. I can't remember if the crown was 40 or 50 dc, so I need to look at it. Please bear with me, this will be the first pattern I'll have written down. Here's the pattern (which I modified) for a hat I made for myself and the pattern I based mine off of: http://www.angelscrochet.com/patterns/basicbucketpat.php

Hi I would like to join this CAL. I have a naked cabbage patch kid around here somewheres poor thing is probably freezing. I won her on Ebay thinking if i had her i would learn how to make clothes, wearables scare me isn't that silly but of course she still sits in the box but i finally have most of my WIP's under control lol so maybe i will give this a try.

Well, I think for now I'll just stick with the Boo doll.... b/c I don't think anyone is really into the dancer ones.. except for my niece maybe. Plus, using the Boo doll makes it easier to fix mistakes b/c she's on a smaller scale. I'm going to just take some of Darski's outfits and try to down size them with different hooks and yarn. We'll see what happens. I may even just get a springfield doll.

OK. Here's the pattern for the hat I made Scout on Tuesday. This is the first pattern I've actually written, so if I confuse you anywhere, please let me know. Feel free to use it for your dolls or gifts, but give me credit if asked.

Here goes:

Scout Hat - Aprox 4.5" diamater plus brim, fits Build-A-Bears and should fit Cabbage Patch Kid dolls as well.

WW yarn < 1 oz

G hook

Worked in rounds, do not turn

Stitches used: ch, sc, HDC, DC, rsc

Ch 3 join

Row 1: ch 3 (counts as 1st DC here and througout) 9 DC in ring (10 DC)

Row 2: ch 3, DC in same stitch, 2DC in each stitch around (20 DC)

Row 3: ch 3, DC in same stitch, DC in next stitch, (2DC in next, DC in next) around (30 DC)

Row 4: ch 3, DC in same st, DC in next 2 st, (2DC in next st, DC in next 2 st) around (40 DC)

Row 5: ch 3, DC in same st, DC in next 3 st, (2DC in next st, DC in next 3 stitches) around (50 DC)

Row 5: ch 2, HDC in each st around (50 DC)

Row 6: (ear hole row, if no holes needed, repeat row 5) Ch 2, HDC next 10 HDC, ch 10, skip 10 HDC, HDC in next 18 HDC, ch 10, skip 10 HDC, HDC in last HDC, join (50 DC)

Round 7: ch 3, DC in same st, DC in next 4 st, (2DC next st, DC next 4 st) around, join (60 DC)

Round 8: ch 3, DC in same st, DC in next 5 st, (2DC next st, DC next 5 st) around, join (70 st)

Round 9: ch 1, rsc each st, join, finish off and weave in ends (70 st)

I wonder if you can get an AG doll reasonable on ebay? hummmm maybe.

Darski and I were chatting abit tonight about doll clothes and I told her an idea about rescueing dolls from 2nd hand stores. So I midaswell join this cal

Darski and Lady of Shalott,

I don't know if you are still interested, and I am not sure if you have a Joann's fabric store, but I just noticed on their website that the Springfield dolls are on sale for $15. If you get on their mailing list they also send 40% off regular price coupons on each sale flyer, so with the $20 reg price - 40%, then it would be even better @ $12 after this sale is over. Here, Micheal's crafts does the same thing, but the coupon is in the flyer that comes in the paper and I don't know what the regular price is there.

Darski,

I am also planning several accessories that would be wonderful for your Dora, too. How old is your Dora fan and how girly is she, as in would she really get into the accessory stuff? Or matching ones for her?

Funnymom8,

Welcome! Please share what your other dolls are and we will try to fit them in, too.

Marnie,

Welcome! Don't be scared about wearables, we will make them easy, and you will love it. If you get a chance, please share your cabbage patch measurements. Nobody in our family has that one, and I would like to include tham in my patterns.

Jimmie Lu,

Welcome! Please, see my earlier post (#35) to Darski and Lady Of Shalott about finding inexpensive 18" dolls. If you have a Target store or can order from their website, they also have the Our Generation line with one style you can get already with an outfit for $20. Good luck!

Addey,

Thank you so much for sharing your hat pattern with us, it is so cute on your bear. My kids have some build a bear's and Vermont Teddy Bear Co. bears that would really love those! And I have just the yarn for it in my stash :yay

:yay I can't wait to see them!! Including restarting a few times, I think it took me about 45 minutes to whip up. I'm also planning on trying to make a 'boy' non-brimmed skater hat this weekend. I'll let ya know how it goes :) I love the idea of making these clothes because I'm a little timid about making clothes for myself and these will also use up quite a few bits of odd yarn I've got laying around! :)

Helen I am not sure what all you need in way of measurements so I measured everything, head to foot she is 16 inches, head is 14 1/2" around, neck to ankle is 11 inches with about another 1 1/2 " for the foot, neck is 9 " around, arms are 3 1/2 " long and 6" around, legs 5" long and 7" around body is 5 1/2" long and 12" around.

thanks for the tips about AG dolls. Does anyone know whether the AG dolls have a cloth body like the Springfield ones? I am thinking of getting a Springfield one for a model to use for some of the little girls in my family that have AG dolls... So I was hoping that the clothes would translate easily from one to the other without me having to buy an AG doll. :eek

Marnie,

That is just perfect, just what I needed. Please remember that I am going in blind with respect to the CP patterns as we don't have one. So please adjust as much as you need to and note it for us so we can know what we are doing. Thanks a bunch!

Lady of Shalott,

I am 99% positive that the real AG dolls are cloth bodied, also. We have the Target version of the 18", but the AG version of the 15" baby doll who is cloth bodied. I have a copy of the catalog and they definately look cloth bodied to me. I will check with a friend that has the real ones and let you know.

quote------------>

Darski,

I am also planning several accessories that would be wonderful for your Dora, too. How old is your Dora fan and how girly is she, as in would she really get into the accessory stuff? Or matching ones for her?

------------------------------------------------------<

I am my Dora fan. Hate to say it but "it is all about me" :heehee:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

Ohhhh Darski,

Hope you know that reply just made my day, or two! :dance That is so cute. Had a rough day yesterday and am now trying to get back in my groove and that hit the mark. Isn't it good that we live in a place and time that as women we can say that and mean it! :yay More of us need to do that. You just inspired a couple of big girl things to go with our doll stuff!

Thanks,

Helen

quote------------>

I am my Dora fan. Hate to say it but "it is all about me" :heehee:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

He he he I am my teddy bear fan... and my DH. Like I said before, right now, they're our 'kids' and boy what mistchief can they get into!

Anyone out there have any idea for 'boy' stuff? I thought about some overalls, but I have no idea how to make pants! I somehow don't think Sam would appreciate dresses.... Although Scout would laugh her butt off at him....

Addey,

Check this out:

http://www.allfreecrafts.com/crochet/teddy-bear-overalls.shtml

I saw this the other day and it made me think of your bears.

I'd seen those before, I think they're really cute! I may just have to try those out. Oh, I did make Sam a 'skater' hat, it turned out cute, but I ran out of Navy to had to finish it in light blue. I'm gonna make another and then post pics.

I can't wait to get my goddaughter the same Dora you have Darski so that I can make her doll the outfits you have made so that she can have them for her birthday in April. So far I have not had a problem with the quick replies but when did these ads started showing up again?

Archived