15" to 18" doll clothes CAL anybody?

Creativity Woods

I talked with my aunt today and my cousin's little one wants all my Dora clothing... so it's down to that Painted On Bathing suit again.

Guess my hook will just have to get busy. still sort of owe that Bathrobe/Housecoat so I guess it is time- I'm thinking that a BICO might just do it. :wlol

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Addey,

That is so funny, I am 31, too. I have been getting this same lecture from DH since we met, I have major perfectionist issues and he is the complete opposite. He is just tickled with whatever I do and however I do it. (MIL pre-trained him for me :devil )

Do you have a plan in mind for your sweater, something new or are you trying to make a set with something else? I just finished an adorable outfit and dd asked me to make it "easterish" I think that means add a pinafore or apron and a bonnet type hat? Most of my best stuff comes from ideas from the kids so i am gonna try it, we'll see.

Well, these are my last Boo outfits for the time being, until I get my pattern book. I basically winged both of these outfits from mistakes. I'm not really a perfectionist, I guess.. b/c I don't care if it isn't perfect, so long as it is done. :) So, I figured out that the flare shirt looks okay reversed... and that I could make the black 'dress' into two pieces and get a different look with or without the top, and with the top reversed. I made the little shawl for the strapless dress look, but it looks okay as a headband too! Anyway, I made MJs out of black sparkle-y yarn. :yay

IMG_1287.jpg

IMG_1264.jpg

IMG_1272.jpg

IMG_1298.jpg

IMG_1300.jpg

Addey,

That is so funny, I am 31, too. I have been getting this same lecture from DH since we met, I have major perfectionist issues and he is the complete opposite. He is just tickled with whatever I do and however I do it. (MIL pre-trained him for me :devil )

Do you have a plan in mind for your sweater, something new or are you trying to make a set with something else? I just finished an adorable outfit and dd asked me to make it "easterish" I think that means add a pinafore or apron and a bonnet type hat? Most of my best stuff comes from ideas from the kids so i am gonna try it, we'll see.

hehehe. Right now, I'm trying the sweater I found on CPC: http://www.simplygracedesigns.com/CroSwP.htm

It seems to have been designed for bears etc. I did the back over lunch and it looks a little narrow, but long enough. I was just going to make it as yet another option to go with jeans for Scout and maybe 'fancy it up' a bit to go with a spring jumper for Sally (you never know the weather with these pesky northeast springs...). Or maybe to go with a poodle skirt (it's a cardigan really...) for Sally. I also thought about getting some leather lacing and trying it as a vest for Sam. I'll let you know.

Well, these are my last Boo outfits for the time being, until I get my pattern book. I basically winged both of these outfits from mistakes. I'm not really a perfectionist, I guess.. b/c I don't care if it isn't perfect, so long as it is done. :) So, I figured out that the flare shirt looks okay reversed... and that I could make the black 'dress' into two pieces and get a different look with or without the top, and with the top reversed. I made the little shawl for the strapless dress look, but it looks okay as a headband too! Anyway, I made MJs out of black sparkle-y yarn. :yay

Very cool! I love that red dress. It looks very business like, at home in a corporate office or church on Sunday. Some of those little black dress options are very nice. :)

Ladies,

Love the outfits! I have to quickly finish my AG version of the Crochet! 5th Avenue jacket so that I can start more!

I'm still here..............I've been teaching/substituting quite a bit. I go skiing on weekends and try to finish WIPs in NH. I'm struggling a bit with the AG jacket (my first attempt 'translating' a pattern) but I promise to post picture by the end of weekend.

Question: The pattern that I am interpreting is from Crochet! magazine (Jan '06). I want to share my version of the pattern for an 18" doll with the members of this CAL. Does anyone have thoughts about copyright problems? :think

-Tawny

Lady of Shalott it looks awesome! and all so very versatile. gosh, talk about the perfect mix n match wardrobe!

:angelAngelfire has earned her wings

:angel

I got the 18 inch doll today that she sent me. I am completely blissful and she is going to be a dream to dress.

Dora may spend some time in her p.o.b. for a while. Just kidding :wlol

Tawny,

Your Jacket sounds like it will be cool, we would love to see it, that is sooo my favorite part. :yay

I am not sure on the copyright issues, I would send a pm to AmyS with the particulars to your situation. :think

Ok. Quick update on the sweater atempt... It would probably fit an AG doll quite nicely, but it is about 2/3 the width I need for my girls (even using a G hook instead of F). I'll have to post a pic comparing the back of the sweater to one of Scouts shirts. I've modified the pattern though and I think it will work. I'm going to try and make Scout's a hoodie! (Wish me luck on that one!)

I can't wait to see everything that everyone else has in the works. This is such a fun CAL.

Darski,

I think that is so sweet that you were sent an 18" doll. I know we all can't wait to see what you come up with. :)

When you mentioned the BICO in the thread about making Dora a robe, were you talking about adapting the sweater to be full length into a robe? :think I am trying to picture a visual of it in my head, and today my head is empty :rofl

Darski,

I think that is so sweet that you were sent an 18" doll. I know we all can't wait to see what you come up with. :)

When you mentioned the BICO in the thread about making Dora a robe, were you talking about adapting the sweater to be full length into a robe? :think I am trying to picture a visual of it in my head, and today my head is empty :rofl

yep. I will just keep going until it is long enough. I might do a bit of fitting near the waist though.

Isn't Angelfire an absolute Angel? :manyheart

Thanks for the compliments! :)

I think I need the pattern book b/c I still can't figure out how to do pants for Boo that will look right. :( that's the only mix and match separate she is missing. haha

Tawny, I'd love to see your jacket. I remember seeing it in the magazine. I think it would look great for a doll.

yep. I will just keep going until it is long enough. I might do a bit of fitting near the waist though.

Isn't Angelfire an absolute Angel? :manyheart

Yes, Angelfire is an Angel :angel I can't wait to see what you make for your new doll.

Hi guys,

I finally figured out how to post photos here and I realized that I never posted the finished one of the original outfit I started for this cal. e5b74e42.jpg

I was trying for a lot of texture, and a little bit of Little House influence, or "Easterish" as my dd asked for. She wanted her to have an apron and a bonnet hat (according to my 4yo) so we did get that accomplished. I also did a hat and messenger bag set, a sleeping bag and pillow set, and attempted and frogged a nightgown a billion times. Needless to say I gave up on that and will probably try to modify an existing one. Anyway, that is what I have been up to.

PS: Please excuse the crappy photo, I am not real great at that:lol

That's really nice Helen. I really need to get more creative with the big dolls like this. (I get anxious :blush when I crochet, so I stick to the smaller dolls!)............................Lise:yarn

Very nice Hellen! I think I figured out how many chains to start with to make the sweaters for the bears. I'll try and get them at least started while I'm at the laundrymat tomorrow. It's great to see what everyone's been up to :)

Way to go Helen. I love that one... could get my creative juices going when I see that.

These dolls do tend to go to the classic styles like L.H.O.T.P. and such.

I am making a Another of the Indian princess dress. For a 15 inch doll, I was wondering how I could make her skirt maybe with a hoop effect. I have used pipe cleaners, and wire you use with silk flowers. They bend way to easy. What else do you suggest to use?:confused

I am making a Another of the Indian princess dress. For a 15 inch doll, I was wondering how I could make her skirt maybe with a hoop effect. I have used pipe cleaners, and wire you use with silk flowers. They bend way to easy. What else do you suggest to use?:confused

I have this one covered... I just tried it and it worked but it didn't work for the dress that I had on the go.

get round plastic tubs and cut narrow hoops and sc around them the way I did for the crown.

I had 2 sizes to do to make the hoop skirt

But really make them narrow bits though about 1/4 inch

I have this one covered... I just tried it and it worked but it didn't work for the dress that I had on the go.

get round plastic tubs and cut narrow hoops and sc around them the way I did for the crown.

I had 2 sizes to do to make the hoop skirt

But really make them narrow bits though about 1/4 inch

I will try that, I didn't think of using plastic tubing. I really appreciate the help.:c9

I will try that, I didn't think of using plastic tubing. I really appreciate the help.:c9

ok, that was tubs not tubes. I'm thinking margarine tubs and such like that.

just want to be clear. tubing would not really stay together and the larger margarine tubs are already the right shape and size.

Archived