15" to 18" doll clothes CAL anybody?

Creativity Woods

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply
These doll cloths are so cute

Love them all.

Where do you get the Dora dolls

I got my Dora doll at Kmart. It's called 'Dora the Explorer Dress up Adventure Doll' and she runs about $19.99. Wal-Mart has it too.

Well, I finally managed to finish Scout's Overalls. Actually, she decided we should give them to my niece as part of her birthday present for her bears. They're just a little too girly for her. I think they're cute and turned out great. Maybe if they were in a darker blue or purple with plain white edging she'd be happier with them.

423967290_f5500c31da_m.jpg

The vest I made for Sally is going to my niece as well. I'll get a picture of Scout in it shortly. It was just a little narrow in the shoulders for Sally.

Really sweet Addey. Too bad scout wouldn't consider them just for "dress up days" once in a while. :wlol:queen

:lol You're right. But I promised my sister that I'd make her daughter some clothes for her BAB babies. They'll be put to good use there and now that I have something that works, I can make some for Scout in a medium blue with purple edging. I think it was just too much light purple, which just isn't quite right on her with her blond-ish fur (makes her look a little washed-out). The darker blue looks much better on her and the purple accent will make it pretty and just girly enough.

I haven't been posting that many outfits because I can't find a cabbage patch kid book anywhere, or that many patterns online that I like and I have to adjust everything else (probably the CPK ones too :sigh ). I'm just a little burned out is all.

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to check in with you all. I am pretty much out of commission for a week or two. :( I took a nasty fall down a flight of stairs ond broke my tailbone and shoulder. About all I can do right now is lay down on my right side and read. And of course don't forget letting my dh wait on me :rofl !!

I love what you all are doing and hope you won't mind continuing along without me for a little while. You are all showing so much talent and creativity, I just love it! :yay

Helen @ Creativity Woods

Hellen-

I'm sorry to hear about your fall. Enjoy your reading time! Just think of all the patterns you can work on in your head. Rest up and get well. We'll be here waiting for you. :):hug

I've been crocheting like crazy. Here's a few things I made, my own patterns. I did make the Dora cape and hat and will show that as soon as I put buttons on it:)........Lise

EBAYMarch2007005.jpg

EBAYMarch2007004.jpg

EBAYMarch2007003.jpg

EBAYMarch2007002.jpg

EBAYMarch2007001.jpg

I got real lucky today at the Thrift store. I was looking at a sea of dolls and thought "it sure would be nice if they ever had a Dora" and lo and behold right in front of me was a Dora with a set of clothes and her back pack for less than 5 dollars. :c9 I'm so excited I can now make some of Darski's Dora clothes for her. Course now my DD thinks it's hers :devil:lol

th_crochet067.jpg

Funnymom8- Those jackets look great! Very stylish.

Heather- I'm sure your daughter will 'share' Dora long enough for you to make her new clothes. :lol

Looks great.

I probably won't be doing any doll stuff for a while. My mom's teaching me to use the sewing machine, and I am pledged to make 2 baby afghans. Also I'm trying to teach myself French. Anybody know whether there is a Wizard of Oz video with a decent French language track?

Great Job, Funnymom. :cheer

Sorry to hear about your fall, Creativity. :(

I'm trying some patterns from the pattern book I just got. I still have to do some altering to get them to fit the doll I'm using, though. Some of the patterns aren't that clear, especially a few of the hat patterns. I wish they'd tell you what part you are working on for each section like most patterns do, so you can tell what you are doing and if it is wrong.

Anyway, here's Boo's new Sunshine outfit

IMG_1384.jpg

Boo looks very cute there Lady! :) I wish it was that springlike out for me. I understand about having to adjust every pattern. My girls are too short (or sometimes too tall) and too round (not to mention have tails and ears....) for most patterns. It looks like you've done a great job of taking the general pattern and making it work for you!

Great job everybody, keep it up! I am loving what I see, you have been very busy ladies :cheer

Thank you so much everybody for the kind words, it means so much. It could be a lot worse, but I am starting to get a little miserable. I work and study from home so i am used to doing things how I want to do them here all day, and I can't, and it is making me grumpy :grumpy

I am pretty much stuck to laying down on one side except for when I have to get up and use the bathroom or eat. Which entails going either up or down the same stairs I fell on. I am blessed to have my dh who will do anything for me, but i am ashamed to admit I am getting sick of him stuck up my broken butt so much over the course of 1 day. I know I should be absolutely ashamed of myself for saying that, but he is driving me nuts :thair

I keep telling myself at least I have him and a nice family to bug me and a safe home to lay down my sore butt in and to stop being a brat, but it's not working :devil

I've gotta get back on my path to the kitchen, my good side is getting very tired standing here like a fool trying to type this :lol

Thanks again everybody for the kind words and also for listening to me pout and whine :hug

Helen, I am so sorry that you had that fall. Scary stuff; never mind painful. I'll be praying for you.

I can't keep track of all who have posted great pics so forgive me if I miss one.

Lady, I love your Boo outfit. that is so sweet.

funnymom8, those jackets look really cute and well done.

hseger, it is wonderful to have her. she is so easy to crochet for.

I love what is happening here.

I'm back. I finally finished my version of the 5th Avenue jacket. I did not continue the pattern striping on the sleeves because it just became too cumbersome. I am debating whether I should include fringe. I'm quickly posting this for opinions and I would be more than happy to share. I will read all the postings I have missed since the last time I was logged on later this evening. Thanks!

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w188/tawny_728/IMG_0388.jpg

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w188/tawny_728/IMG_0386.jpg

I've loved seeing everyone's doll clothes.

Thanks to everyone who said something about mine. I made a few more this week, these are probably my favorite dolls to sew or crochet for:)....................Lise

EBAYMarch2007009.jpg

EBAYMarch2007007.jpg

EBAYMarch2007008.jpg

Archived