15" to 18" doll clothes CAL anybody?

Creativity Woods

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply
WOW guys and gals ....i have been looking though this CAL and there are some excellent clothes, i have no children yet but its getting me thinking that i should go buy a doll just so i can make some of these pretty clothes for her!!! :lol

well done everyone and keep up the fabulous work !!! :clap

:lol I don't have any kids either. I have a niece, but I hate to admit it, she was an afterthought on this one! Those three bears are mine and my husband's. As you can see, Sam and Scout are well loved. One or the other of them travels with me when I travel for work.

Dolls, bears and the like are fun at any age and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! :yay

IMG_1415.jpg

I had this doll (I still have this doll) and I believe she was called "little miss make up" or something to that effect :) She has the heart on her cheek, eye shadow, nail polish. She came in a swim suit if I remember correctly. It was some time ago!! :rofl she was always my fave, so mine doesn't look nearly as neat as yours!!!

Is it too late to join this CAL? I have been working on some AG clothes for awhile now.....I haven't used a pattern yet, been kinda making it up as I go along. Trying to make a few outfits for my DSD's new doll, and I also have an AG, so I thought it would be fun to make some matching clothes. I'll take pictures of the few things I've made and post them.......

Is it too late to join this CAL? I have been working on some AG clothes for awhile now.....I haven't used a pattern yet, been kinda making it up as I go along. Trying to make a few outfits for my DSD's new doll, and I also have an AG, so I thought it would be fun to make some matching clothes. I'll take pictures of the few things I've made and post them.......

You're always more than welcome to show off! I'd love to see what you've been working on. This is pretty informal, we're just having fun mostly.

Shell, I couldn't for the life of me remember the name of the doll... but I knew that 'make up' was in there somewhere. haha. All my dolls like that are in pretty good condition b/c my mom always told me to be nice to them.... not put them to bed naked b/c they'd be cold, and don't throw them around or they will get hurt. I guess I figured they were 'real'. haha :lol

Glad to see some newbies in here. it isn't nice for us to keep all the fun just for us. :welcome aboard and please bring pics :wlol

I will be posting new patterns tomorrow. I have to give first dibs to my Ygroup but they come here the next day. These patterns are for Dora, and 18" doll and a CPK all done in a colour combo i love.

Lady I just love what you are doing. nice adaptation of the nightgown.

I love your Boo dress. That colour was meant for that doll. Really a pretty pattern and suits her so well. That white touch.. tres chic

I would like to join up too. I have been making doll clothes for my daughter. She has those Lots-to-Love babies (they still have their "baby fat") and you can't really buy clothes to fit them (plus where's the fun in buying clothes). I have been adjusting the Dora patterns to fit them (just used a bigger hook) and they work great. Will post pics as soon as I figure out how.

I've added my newest patterns in Original Patterns here:

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=48064

cgirl1.jpg

And here:

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=48066

they are such fun to make. The second pattern takes the top from the first set and just takes off with the concept.

Very very cute!!

Tamugrad02 I love that last jumper. I made a vest out of that same yarn for one of my girls. I really think it's some neat yarn and a great color. Everything is so pretty.

Darski- Gorgous as always! I'm going to have to try that CPK pattern for my girls. I really like the blonde's dress. (Sorry, I can't remember her name off the top of my head...) Dora is as cute as ever.

Darski -- I love your patterns. I made the capri pants from the gardeners set and I'm going to make the dress from your newest set here soon. My step-daughter wants her AG to have a dress like the one she's wearing for her mom's wedding next month.....so I'll do the dress in those colors.

I'm sorry I haven't posted in a while, but I've been busy (and still am). I have a piano recital that is not going to improve my opinion on several composers.

I want to make Dora a fairy outfit, but I haven't got the slightest idea how to make wings. Any suggestions?

Darski-Maybe I could split WW yarn for the riding boots?

Also, I found out Sandra (which is what I think I'll call my Cinderella doll) is not going to arrive from Amazon.com until about April 20.

I finished another dress for my AG doll. I'm actually going to be giving this dress to my step-daughter. Her mom is getting remarried in a few weeks and she wanted her AG to have a dress that matches the one she's wearing in her mom's wedding, so here's what I came up with......it's a combination of my own pattern for the top and the "jumper" pattern for the skirt.

Here's the actual dress.....(from David's Bridal)

dress.jpg

And here's what I came up with.......(ignore my pile of clean clothes in the background :blush )

DSC00534.jpg

Tamu, that looks like a good rendition of the original dress. She should be very happy with it. This is a good thing for your little one... to see that you can be encouraging for her mom is nice and makes life easier for her.

edited to ask... would you mind if I tried a version of that dress in different colours? It wouldn't be right away but it does call to my creative heart.

Very pretty Tamu! I'm sure she'll love it! :)

Darski - I'd love to see your own interpertation of a dress like this. I'm sure it would be just as cute as Tamu's.

I spent some time this week working on 'little bear' clothes for my niece's birthday.

th_BearBICO.jpg

Here's my BICO for little bear. Her bear is darker brown than mine. I made the sleeves too long, but they look cute turned up as cuffs.

th_BearOveralls.jpg

Here are the overalls I made. I used the same general pattern as for the lavender ones, but this was with #3 thread and a D hook. I think they turned out pretty cute! (I was almost tempted to keep these for myself, but then I'd still have to make another pair for Zoe.)

I still have to make a bakini (sewn, can't get the crochet to work right) and a tanktop and skirt set. Then I'll be done. I have two weeks to do it. Wish me luck!

Tamu, that looks like a good rendition of the original dress. She should be very happy with it. This is a good thing for your little one... to see that you can be encouraging for her mom is nice and makes life easier for her.

edited to ask... would you mind if I tried a version of that dress in different colours? It wouldn't be right away but it does call to my creative heart.

I wouldn't mind at all. If you need the pattern for the top or have any questions, just ask.:)

I've added more in the ongoing saga of the little top that grew.

Here:

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=48384

Here:

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=48381

and here:

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=48385

And thank you, thank you, thank you Tamugrad for permission. i will post a pic when I can make something. I have been thinking of how we could fake chiffon...

Addey, I love your bear clothes. they are just so cute and your little crew always seems to put on their best look for the camera - are you sure they aren't hams instead of bears

(yeah I know but pigs wouldn't be nice for this)

Addey, I love your bear clothes. they are just so cute and your little crew always seems to put on their best look for the camera - are you sure they aren't hams instead of bears

(yeah I know but pigs wouldn't be nice for this)

:lol

Some days I wonder.... It's amazing how much expression and personality a little fluff and fuzz can have. What's really funny is when Scout gets left on my computer chair while I'm at work and she looks so expectant and impatient for me to show her stuff when I get home. They all really do crack me up, just by sitting there :)

I really like your little top that grew. I might just try it for the little bear, as I need to make at least one more top....

Archived