15" to 18" doll clothes CAL anybody?

Creativity Woods

I am making cabbage patch clothes and a blanket. I am in a summer slump and this is SO SO SO much fun.

Love all the ideas and fast and furiously coping them in to a new folder

M

I'm also doing the whole Cabbage Patch clothes, although VERY slowly. I have a pair of bell bottoms done, but I am already thinking that I want to re-make them with even more flare at the bottom as they are still a little bit too form fitting (CPK have such a weird leg shape). I'm thinking that I'm going to make her a tank top out of thin cotton (size 5 I think) and then a poncho type thing-a-ma-bob

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes they are such strange little dolls. May be the reason we love them so much. I am working on a dress I have already had to cut down the ruffles because they were just over the top to much.

Love the idea of bell bottoms. May try that after this dress. IT is slow but it is SO hot here and they are small and much lighter to handle in this weather

M from sunny and HOT california

I have almost completed the cabbage patch dress. It is SO cute. I love this . . . it is really hot here and this is easy and so much fun.

All done with bernat softy in lavendar and verigated colors.

I also made a little baby blanket to match. I will start a hat once I am done with it. K also want pj for her "big" baby. She is three and this is her first Big girl baby doll.

M

• 4 weeks later...
I have almost completed the cabbage patch dress. It is SO cute. I love this . . . it is really hot here and this is easy and so much fun.

All done with bernat softy in lavendar and verigated colors.

I also made a little baby blanket to match. I will start a hat once I am done with it. K also want pj for her "big" baby. She is three and this is her first Big girl baby doll.

M

My niece just requested Dora clothes after she took the swim suit I had made for her CPK and put it on Dora (a little bit big but since I made it with neck and side ties she just tied it a bit tighter and was happy as a pig in mud). I figure I'll make a set of everything for each doll in matching (or perhaps contrasting) colors so she has a wardrobe for both.

Hi, I've just joined this forum and I'm still figuring stuff out, but I was wondering if I could join? You will have to explain stuff to me because I am still not sure how this works, but I read up on it so I should understand.

Hi, I've just joined this forum and I'm still figuring stuff out, but I was wondering if I could join? You will have to explain stuff to me because I am still not sure how this works, but I read up on it so I should understand.
Please do join us in making doll clothes! We look forward to seeing what you are working on!!

• 3 weeks later...

I am finally getting something done for my rescue dolls. it is not as easy as I thought it would be but this little one is cute even if she was well loved before I met her...

rd1.jpg

how the pants fit...

rd2.jpg

and a separate dress to 'go with' ...

rd3.jpg

Her hair did come out very nicely but it took ages. Her head is also floppy so I had to post her against the books to keep it straight :lol

She has a purple and orange bathing suit built in and those lovely green shoes... :sigh but the yarn seems to have all those colours and it works.

She was fun and now I have to get the rest of them done.

:clap Oooooh so sweet! And very very colorful! Some little girl will be so tickled with this!

Do you know what kind of doll this is? She seems so close in size to Dora.

Thank you for your continued inspiration for us all! :clap

:clap Oooooh so sweet! And very very colorful! Some little girl will be so tickled with this!

Do you know what kind of doll this is? She seems so close in size to Dora.

Thank you for your continued inspiration for us all! :clap

I would guess that she may be a "name" doll but I can't begin to guess who she is. her stuff would likely fit Dora with some shorter legs. Maybe I should write the pattern before I pass her on.:think

Thanks for your kind words.:hug

Just joined this site from Australia this week.

Am mad on making dolls clothes as I have heaps of nieces!! and no girls of my own - two teenage boys who think that their mother is crazy!!!

I have my own Barbie and Ken so that I can try clothes on them as I make them and then pass onto nieces.

Still have my oiriginal Cabbage Patch Doll that was brought for my 18th Birthday (and I now have a 17 year old) I have been given a preemie by a friend who has daughters, so that I have a doll that size to try clothes on.

Am searching for patterns to fight the ideal dolls, Crissy, Velvet, and Cinnamon as my sisters and I had these dolls (they are in storage at my Mum's and are in desperate need of some clothes) and I would like them to make an appearance at our 40th's which are all happening in the next 5 years.

One niece has a Dora doll and I have asked her Mum to measure her and let me know if she is the 15 inch doll that I have seen the gorgeous patterns for on this site.

Will get my camera operational, so that I can post some pictures of the Cabbage Patch Layette that I have just finished.

Hope to see more clothes here and to share mine with you,

Welcome! I am busy working on my cabbage patch kid outfit....I keep frogging the top as I can not get the idea that is in my mind to come out of my hook. Will look forward to seeing your pictures!!

Just joined this site from Australia this week.

Am mad on making dolls clothes as I have heaps of nieces!! and no girls of my own - two teenage boys who think that their mother is crazy!!!

I have my own Barbie and Ken so that I can try clothes on them as I make them and then pass onto nieces.

Still have my oiriginal Cabbage Patch Doll that was brought for my 18th Birthday (and I now have a 17 year old) I have been given a preemie by a friend who has daughters, so that I have a doll that size to try clothes on.

Am searching for patterns to fight the ideal dolls, Crissy, Velvet, and Cinnamon as my sisters and I had these dolls (they are in storage at my Mum's and are in desperate need of some clothes) and I would like them to make an appearance at our 40th's which are all happening in the next 5 years.

One niece has a Dora doll and I have asked her Mum to measure her and let me know if she is the 15 inch doll that I have seen the gorgeous patterns for on this site.

Will get my camera operational, so that I can post some pictures of the Cabbage Patch Layette that I have just finished.

Hope to see more clothes here and to share mine with you,

Well Welcome aboard! doll lovers are always welcome here! :hug

I just found a Velvet at a thrift store this last week. I had the Chrissy and Velvet with all kinds of wonderful (sewing patterns but lost them all in a house fire years ago.

I am looking forward to your CPK layette. I find CP's to be a challenge. their board like straightness doesn't seem to work with my style. I did make a pretty dress and panties with a hat but I can't seem to make another outfit for the life of me.

Just glad you have joined us. :welcome

My niece has arrived to Grandma's for a holiday and has brought her Dora doll with her and her measurements are the same.

Last night I made her the Dress from the Dressed for February set.

She doesn't have the buttons on yet, but I will have to wait until tonight when I can kidnap her back from Tilly when she goes to bed.

She has already put her order in for the "Princess" dress.

Thank You Darski so much for all these wonderful patterns.

I will keep my eyes open for any more. Maybe Santa can bring her a few that I can make in secret after she returns home.

Dianne

I have just found the measurements for the Crissy doll.

Crissy is 18 inches tall

Chest = 8 inches

Waist = 7 inches

Hip = 9 inches

Leg = 9 inches

Arm = 5 1/2 inches

If anyone has any patterns or knows of any that may fit her, I would really appreciate it.

I made one of the American Doll patterns the other night but it is to broad across the shoulders and back for her.

Dianne

I have taken some photos of the outfits that I have made for Dora for my 6 year old niece, Tilomai. :hook Unfortunately I can't figure out how to get the pictures from my computer onto this site for people to see - Have never heard of photobucket and neither has my teenage son!!

I don't have a blog or website or anything.

Can someone Help?? Please??

I have taken some photos of the outfits that I have made for Dora for my 6 year old niece, Tilomai. :hook Unfortunately I can't figure out how to get the pictures from my computer onto this site for people to see - Have never heard of photobucket and neither has my teenage son!!

I don't have a blog or website or anything.

Can someone Help?? Please??

http://photobucket.com/

Photobucket is very easy to use. You just sign on and you can begin uploading your pics right away.

Once you have uploaded your pictures,

you just left click on the "Direct link" line below the pictures (it will flash "copied"

click on the little picture icon here

right click in the space (leave the http\\ in place) and hit paste.

You should see the picture in your post right away.

This is a fast and dirty version. Others may be better at helping you.

I have not heard any complaints about photobucket. You don't get 7 million spam emails after signing up or anything.

http://photobucket.com/

Photobucket is very easy to use. You just sign on and you can begin uploading your pics right away.

Once you have uploaded your pictures,

you just left click on the "Direct link" line below the pictures (it will flash "copied"

click on the little picture icon here

right click in the space (leave the http\\ in place) and hit paste.

You should see the picture in your post right away.

This is a fast and dirty version. Others may be better at helping you.

I have not heard any complaints about photobucket. You don't get 7 million spam emails after signing up or anything.

Thanks so much Darski!!

I managed to put the pictures on Photobucket and to also link them to my message.

It is "Dora's Wardrobe so Far" if you would like to see the clothes.

You have really made me the most popular Aunty in the whole wide world.

Dianne

Thanks so much Darski!!

I managed to put the pictures on Photobucket and to also link them to my message.

I is "Dora's Wardrobe so Far" if you would like to see the clothes.

You have really made me the most popular Aunty in the whole wide world.

Dianne

That is truly why I do it. I want all those little ones to fly in their imaginations with the clothes to start them off.

I checked out your post and left a comment. I love those.

Archived