15" to 18" doll clothes CAL anybody?

Creativity Woods

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tawny - That jacket looks great as is! I think fringe would take away from it.

Funnymom8 - Very nice clothes! That bell sleved jacket is really great! The shirt is cute too.

Is it too late to join this cal? I'm making a shawl for an order, but when I'm done with it, in 1 week, I would love to join in with you. I have the "fake" AG dolls. I bought them at Michaels. I have already made some doll clothes for them from patterns that I bought on ebay. I love making doll clothes. They are cute, and fast, and then I can start another set.

Patty

Is it too late to join this cal? I'm making a shawl for an order, but when I'm done with it, in 1 week, I would love to join in with you. I have the "fake" AG dolls. I bought them at Michaels. I have already made some doll clothes for them from patterns that I bought on ebay. I love making doll clothes. They are cute, and fast, and then I can start another set.

Patty

We love to have anyone who loves dolls and doll clothes. :welcome

Welcome, GSG to the Cal! The more the merrier. :)

I must say that I'm actually embarrassed by this last project... it took me way too long to do it.. and I had about a hundred ends to weave in. The Annie's Attic book I have can't be trusted... They expect you to know what they are talking about without writing it.

For example, I made a pair of mary jane shoes from it and the pattern didn't even tell you how to add the strap! With this bikini.... among other mistakes it told me to fasten off after row 6.. .but never gave a row 6! I don't think I'll be ordering from them again.. this pattern book cost me $10 plus shipping and I could have done better without it.

Anyway, this is Megan. She needed some clothing too... and I don't think Boo will mind her borrowing her hat. Wow, I'm crazy. haha

IMG_1388.jpg

Megan is really cute. You did a good job, whatever the pattern challenges.

I think you could use the Dora shoe pattern type but just start with about 3 chains instead of 6 or 7 to make it fit her. the Sandals pattern in my beach outfit would look cute with this one if you can reduce the size.

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=42830

Thanks, Darski. I was thinking of making your beach outfit Boo-sized but she has a large voice box in the middle of her stomach and wouldn't look right with a cropped shirt or bathing suit. haha. I think I will do the sandals for Megan's outfit.

Here's what's right off the hook:

IMG_1415.jpg

IMG_1419.jpg

This is the same jumper outfit.. it fits Megan pretty well (she's bigger than Boo in circumference and height).. but I had to overlap it a lot in the back to get it to fit Boo. So I think I'll try it again in a different color to see if I can get a better fit for Boo.

If you want to see bigger pictures of my latest you can go to:

http://s138.photobucket.com/albums/q266/Corrina2007/2007%20Projects/dolls/

I'm using up my stash pretty well with this CAL! :D

Lady, that is a cute jumpsuit. i was just told that Pink and Brown are all the rage in Houston these days and I had a request (RL) that I make something in these colours. Guess I should try that.

About the sunsuit. what if you made the parts but then crocheted a panel in front to join the two parts and cover that tummy? The top closes in back so it might work...

Wow, Lady, Megan is cute! Where did you get her?

Does anybody have an idea how I would go about making riding boots for my 18" doll and/or Dora? I'm trying to make her a Rider outfit.

I would suggest a sock pattern made in fine yarn with a small hook so that it would would form fitting.

I have a pair that I am preparing to write up and they do stay up on their own

Thanks for the compliments. Megan is actually a doll I had when I was younger... I think she was some kind of Make up something doll b/c her make up disappears in cold water. She was made by Mattel in the 90s.. so her head isn't that huge. haha

Here is a custom fit jumper for Boo.. the last one had way too much material to overlap in the back for me to say it was custom fit. haha. I used dk weight yarn for this one.. the black is sparkly, but you can't tell from the picture. I made the play suit with some adjustments.. and added a few more rows on the top to cover most of the voice box.

And Darski, your patterns are wonderful! They are so easy to adjust and I've learned a lot about how to make doll clothing from them. Thanks so much. :hug I'm in the process of doing another nightgown by adjusting Dora's to fit a 15" craft doll.

I keep saying that this is my last outfit..but darn it if I can let that yarn stash sit around with naked dolls about. haha :yarn:hook

IMG_1446.jpg

IMG_1422.jpg

Very cute Lady! I'm working on a few things myself for the girls. I also need to post a picture of my "Thug-ish" skater wanna-be boy. I've been asked to make several things for my niece's birthday for her 'little bear', which is about the size of a beany baby bear. This will be a fun challenge.....

funnymom8, I am just wondering which doll you are using. I don't recognize her and didn't see a post with the information (I did go looking :wlol)

Darski - I think that is a Hopscotch Hill Doll by American Girl. They were discontinued. I always thought they looked a little creepy, but when you put them in cute crocheted clothes, they are much cuter. I think I will have to dig the one I have out of the basement.

Thanks, Addey. Beany baby bear clothing? Yeah, that would be a challenge. haha. Do you have a model for it?

I have an almost model floating around and I traced the bear last time I was over there. I have to try and figure out how to make a bakini... at her mom's request. (We'll be in Florida for her birthday... so.....) I'll let ya know what I come up with! I may have to switch to #3 thread and a D hook.

My hooks have been busy the last few days.

432349828_e713a37a2c_m.jpg

Here is the fuzzy sweater vest I made a few weeks ago now. I have a hard time fiting things to Sally, she just doesn't seem to have shoulders. Scout modled this for her instead. This is one of the pieces going to my niece. Brownie the puppy wanted to get in on the photo action.

432350913_73397e3cef_m.jpg

Here is an up close picture of the flower I put on there. Just simple chain. This was made out of some left over Joann's bucale (sp?) that changes color. I would have made sleeves except I ran out of the blue and only had the white part left.

432350959_e3573663ef_m.jpg

Here is Sally in her new Easter sweater. It will probably be cold for Easter this year, but she really likes her blue jumper. This is based off the BICO pattern, but as always, modified a bit. She's really cute in it and actually volunteered for the picture as soon as she got the sweater on. That's her little easter bunny in the shot.

432349860_ba03f7511f_m.jpg

Finally, here's Sam. He was cranky as I woke him from a nap to take his picture. (This is why he's still clinging to his blankie I made him about a year or two ago now.) He does look like a little thug without his blankie though. That skullie I made him covers the entire back of his head and just a little bit in front. I keep thinking I should have added another row or two of sc around the front, but he won't take it off long enough for me to fix it.

I hope you enjoy seeing my 'family' in their newest clothes. Maybe next week I'll have some little bear pictures to post....

It seems that I'm not going to be able to do this cal after all. I still have the shawl to finish, I have to make a sweater for my Mom, and the grands all want slippers. Then I want to make myself a poncho. So there just isn't time for the doll clothes right now. Everyones doll clothes are so cute. Thanks for sharing.

I'll join something else some day, but as you can see, not for a while.

Patty

Addey, those are cute family pictures, thank you for sharing :ghug

Granny, we may be around for a while and you can always come back if you want. As long as you enjoy your work, have at it girl :wlol

Those are nice, Addey. :)

I think these are the last ones for a little while. I'm going to focus on making a Paradise Lady dress. I did use up the rest of my red, peach, and some of the blue yarns that I had in my stash. I only have a few more colors that could stand to be used.

I used the waist ribbons to secure each outfit in the back, so I didn't have to sew on buttons. I've become really lazy. haha. The Peach one is on a 15" craft doll... it is a modification of Darski's night gown pattern for dora. I was going to make it knee length, but ran out of yarn.

IMG_1457.jpg

IMG_1462.jpg

Very cute!! I have several things done for my niece. I think I'll be sewing a few more things that I just can't get right in yarn.... After this though, I think I'm done with clothes for a bit... I've got some afghans that I need to start on (just when it's beginning to get warm out...) and find a project for my travels that are coming up that won't involve lots of color changes or too small bits. I guess it's time to start on the Project Linus blankies again.

WOW guys and gals ....i have been looking though this CAL and there are some excellent clothes, i have no children yet but its getting me thinking that i should go buy a doll just so i can make some of these pretty clothes for her!!! :lol

well done everyone and keep up the fabulous work !!! :clap

Archived