15" to 18" doll clothes CAL anybody?

Creativity Woods

Helen, this is wonderful news.

I once landed on my tailbone so I know how sore that can be. I am pleased that you are getting some "normal" back in your life... well as normal as crocheters can ever be :wlol

BTW, thanks for the kind words ladies about my patterns. I am still busy on them. unh hunh :think:hook

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks, Darski!

DH would say I wasn't normal to begin with, but hey who says normal is the way to go anyway? Like he's one to talk :lol

I was just going back through some of the stuff in the design den and came across Tapanga's cupcake purse pattern. I desided to try one in Baby yarn for the dolls, I will let everybody know how it turns out. I am trying one in scrap ww first to see if I can make it come out.

Here goes!

Hi! I want to join in this! I have a 3 yr old granddaughter who I'd love to make these doll clothes for. I just have to get a Dora!

Helen, are you doing any better?:hug

Darski, thank you for such wonderful outfits! I can't wait to get started!:cheer

Dont' let this thread get buried amoung all the other CALs! We have to keep posting!

I gotta see more finished items! I'm hooked!

:manyheart

I oh so love all of the Dora clothes - my nieces have Dora's back in the US, but I hesitate to start making them clothes without my having a Dora to try them on here in Europe! Perhaps I need to go on a shopping trip to see if I can find one here in Belgium! :)

I do have my Cabbage Patch that I received when I was 6 when they were in their first release....my Grandmother bought me one for my birthday the summer before they became THE toy to have back in the mid 80s.

Does anyone have any links for regular size CPK clothing? I do have several books that I've bought over the past year, but I do not like the patterns that much!

I finished Darski's Sunday Go To Meeting outfit and I love it!! Nana has ordered Dora for my DD and we are awaiting her arrival. Once I find a body double for Dora I'll have pics

I sooo love that one, it is one of my favorites. We would all love to se it when you get one. :yes

I hadn't posted a picture for a long time, so here's what I made tonight for my daughters' AG doll. I"m planning on crocheting a surf board and other accessories...............Lise

LISEsCrochet002.jpg

LISEsCrochet001.jpg

LISEsCrochet003.jpg

I hadn't posted a picture for a long time, so here's what I made tonight for my daughters' AG doll. I"m planning on crocheting a surf board and other accessories...............Lise

LISEsCrochet002.jpg

This is such a cute outfit. I love it. can't wait to see the surf board. I love the details; they really make the patterns.

Thanks Darski! I hope to make the surfboard tomorrow, I made a beach towel today. Then got sidetracked and crocheted summer pjs for the same doll:)..................Lise

Hi Lynda, yes I made the pattern, didn't write it yet, but plan to. I'd love to make it in pastels and I have an idea for a one piece swimsuit too. I'm glad you liked the outfit and I plan on sharing the pattern when I can write it (hopefully this week:))......................Lise

Some time ago, I got permission to make a copy of a Junior Bridesmaid's dress and I really did do it. Now, since this idea is not really mine to share, there is no pattern for this one. It is also based on a real dress that can be purchased so I cannot provide a pattern on that basis either... sorry "bout that folks.

I hope you enjoy the pictures and it was fun to see it come about.. well it is hard to do chiffon of course.

jbr1.jpgjbr2.jpg

jbr4.jpgjbr3.jpg

Lise,

That is so bright and cheery, I love it, You did a great job! That yarn looks familiar to me, I think I may have used that one once, do you remember what it was?

Darski,

Love the nurse outfit and the junior bridesmaid dress. A good friend of mine was one of the nurses at our hospital where I went after my fall, that would be a perfect thank you gift. She is actually one of the only nurses I know that doesn't just sneak by with scrubs. I may have to try that one when I can crochet a little longer at a time. Thanks so much for sharing!

Ooooo, Darski, I like your dress better than mine!!

I do like this one but I liked how you worked the "band" into the outfit. Once I got to the bottom I wished I had put it in, but it was too late to go back and :frog it all out for one row. :wlol Yours really showed that so well.

I am glad that you like what I did with your idea though. It was a neat one to design; challenging fer shure . :yes

LISEsCrochet001.jpg

Lise, I have been trying to decide which yarn colouration you used for this. I am torn between it being the RH - Mexicana (my explosion in a crayon factory favourite) or if it is the new multicolor RH (only a number [4071] - no name) that has a slightly rosy cast to the reds and the purples.

I really can't get this cute little number of yours out of my thoughts and I am trying to find a pattern that really makes use of the varigated like yours does.

I oh so love all of the Dora clothes - my nieces have Dora's back in the US, but I hesitate to start making them clothes without my having a Dora to try them on here in Europe! Perhaps I need to go on a shopping trip to see if I can find one here in Belgium! :)

I do have my Cabbage Patch that I received when I was 6 when they were in their first release....my Grandmother bought me one for my birthday the summer before they became THE toy to have back in the mid 80s.

Does anyone have any links for regular size CPK clothing? I do have several books that I've bought over the past year, but I do not like the patterns that much!

These are here at the ville;

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=48912

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=21405

http://www.geocities.com/needlesandpinza/CabbagePatchDCsweater.html

http://www.******/crochet/dollpattern.html

The first one is my fave, but of course it is our very own Darski!

Good luck!

Thanks Helen!

I've been trying to google and web surf for CPK patterns as well. I really have not found much for CPK in either crochet or knit....I do believe that I might need to get busy and try to create some on my own.....although considering how much time I have lately on my hands......I might finish one item design by Christmas! :)

Ah well, its a challenge!

I also need to buy a Dora doll to start making clothes for my neice's Doras.....she actually has 3 of them and when I asked her to borrow one to make clothes you would have thought that I had asked her to give me her first born....and she is only 3 years old! :lol

I'm so glad everyone liked the outfit and I love that yarn too:)! I need to take the time to write the pattern down for all of you....:yes

The yarn is RH Mexicana, a dear favorite of mine too--I love bright colors and that yarn has them all!!:yay ................Lise

I'm so glad everyone liked the outfit and I love that yarn too:)! I need to take the time to write the pattern down for all of you....:yes

The yarn is RH Mexicana, a dear favorite of mine too--I love bright colors and that yarn has them all!!:yay ................Lise

did you notice that your hat brim makes a perfect spectrum/rainbow. the colours go from red thru to violet around the hat. I just love that.

I have been informed that Dora is living at Nana's house in Ohio and we will be picking her up next month (Or so we hope). However I did find a similar sized doll in my daughter's room to model for me. The down side is that her hat & shoes are sewn on. Sine I have done several outfits here is where you can see them all. I am going to do the snow suit to match the daisy hat I did last month. Once I get the snow suit done there will be pictures.

Archived