15" to 18" doll clothes CAL anybody?

Creativity Woods

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Debby...I crochet and knit for Barbie, Supersize Barbie, Tiffiny Taylor and Ideal Grow Hair Crissy and family- can you tell, ummmm, I'm stuck in a time warp??? :) Crissy is my favorite doll; had her since I'm 10. My original is in bad shape, but with the help of Ebay I've gotten a few of the grow hair dolls in my meager collection. I have to confess, most of my current doll stuff is knitted, and I haven't worked on dolls in about 3 months due to the holidays. I'm actually itching to get back to it. I have to finish 2 baby blankies before I can focus on the dolls - I will have to ask my daugher to take some photos for me and I'll post em.

Do you design your own clothes for the Crissy. I have a doll and only have about two outfits for her. Can't seen to find any thing much.

There were several (sewing) patterns made for Crissy and Velvet. They come up quite frequently on ebay. Also, Have you ever heard of Beth Gunther?? She wrote a wonderful book about The Crissy grow hair family and she has a website that has all of the sewing patterns and several knit/crochet patterns for Crissy and Velvet on it.

Debby

• 3 weeks later...

To answer both your questions, yes, I "design" lol my own Crissy stuff....and no, I don't belong to the crissy group, but I did years ago; Beth is amazing! Google can help find some crissy original patterns online.

I still have my Beautiful Crissy somewhere in storage I think. I just was not much of a doll girl. I liked stuffed animals and trucks better. Yup a tomboy growing up. My oldest and middle nieces are girly girls but the youngest is not. I have even purchased a knock off American Girl from Michael's so I can make outfits for my middle DN. My oldest DN is now twenty and has given up playing with dolls for now. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

I didn't join this CAL for two reasons. I didn't have a camera to take photos of my work and 'cause I had so much going on in between. But I have been following your progress. The stuff that you guys make is totally amazing. It is so inspiring to see what you come up with.:clap

I have recently borrowed a camera and taken some pics of the stuff I have made. There is too much to post here, but if you wanna have a look at my Blog-a-log, you will see what I have made.

I sooooooo love seeing what you guys make.

• 1 month later...

I got a bit side-tracked on this one..:think other projects got in the way:blush Better late than never!!! Anyway.. here is my outfit for my daughters American Girl doll.. excuse the look of the doll.. it's very well used, and she will not let me try clothes on the good ones!

aamericangirloutfit.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Hello everyone,

I didn't join this CAL for two reasons. I didn't have a camera to take photos of my work and 'cause I had so much going on in between. But I have been following your progress. The stuff that you guys make is totally amazing. It is so inspiring to see what you come up with.:clap

I have recently borrowed a camera and taken some pics of the stuff I have made. There is too much to post here, but if you wanna have a look at my Blog-a-log, you will see what I have made.

I sooooooo love seeing what you guys make.

Susan,

I love the top on your Bubby Lorraine! Did you make up the pattern for it? Or where can we see it? All you dolly clothes are beautiful! thanks for sharing. :manyheart

Lynda

Kat, The outfit is adorable. You did a wonderful job on it. I just love seeing everyone else's doll clothes.

Susan, I love all the wonderful outfits you made for Eliza. Are they all your own patterns. You really did a great job on them.

Debby

Thanks everyone for your lovely comments.

Lynda and Debby, no I didn't design the patterns. They have come from a variety of places, even from here at Crochetville. But almost every one of them has been "susan" ammended. I seem to have a dreadful inabilty to follow a pattern 100%. Not sure why, but I don't think anything that I have made is 100% made to pattern.:blush:devil

The top that Bubby Lorraine is wearing was made from a very old tattered magazine that I picked up from a market, not sure of the company that made the magazine, but it is called "The Cabbage Patch Kids Dress-Up".

• 2 weeks later...

Okay I just made a sundress for my god dauhter Lucy Dora doll:

DoraSundressfront.jpg

and here is the back of it:

Dorasundressback.jpg

I just used up some of the yarn I had left over from making the Yellow Ruffles dress for my friend's daughter in Cali. I'm thinking of making a shrug to g with it. I used a elastic hair band to start it then I did 6 rows of dc's in yellow and 5 rows in white, then I did the shell edging in yellow. I added the halter part after. It was pretty easy for me to design it. If only I could make beautiful clothes for the Dora doll like Darski.

Aelita. That is so cheerful and sunny looking. I absolutely love the simplicity of it. You did a great job on it. And I think a little shrug would be adorable. I would love to have the imagination and smarts to design my own doll clothes. But I have to rely on others, as I am just not creative enough to do it on my own. So, I do appreciate all the hard work that goes into designing you own patterns.

Debby

Is this cal still going? It's perfect for what I have planned. I want to make a whole wardrobe for an 18 inch doll, sewing, knitting and crochet. Also some clothes for a Dora doll that I haven't bought yet. It's for my grandaughter's third birthday in August.

:cheerI'm so excited, I just won a listing for a Dora doll on Ebay! I'm getting a like new doll, a like new pillow, another dora that's a princess (smaller in size) and some clothes. All for $10.50 including shipping! :clap

Whoooo Hoooo!:yay

I've been making Darski's clothes for awhile, and have not had the doll!!:hook I need to make sure they fit okay, finish some buttons, and then I'll take some photos.

Aelita, you dolly dress is just wonderful! You are so creative! I hope to design some clothes for Dora and for 18" dolls in the future.

I do have two granddaughters, 4 and 1 years old. They live in WA and I hope to see them in the fall. I'd love to have some dolls and crocheted wardrobes for them! So for anyone still working on this CAL, I'm here too, crocheting away!

Lynda

Archived