15" to 18" doll clothes CAL anybody?

Creativity Woods

Since I have done several outfits here is where you can see them all.

The link doesn't get to your stuff just a blogging site.

Edited to add that I used your signature link and got to see them. I love your colours. Great stuff!

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

KnittinMitchie,

Your outfits are so cute. So is Doras double! Your little one will be thrilled!

Darski,

Last night dd begged for a nightie like your dora one i made her, but to fit her ag doll. I ended up using your pattern 2 stranded w/rh ww and a k hook and it fit perfectly. I thought that was the funniest thing. Have you tried that yet with any of dora's patterns? I just love your nightie pattern and didn't have a brain cell left to modify it with :lol Maybe also some Bernat softee chunky, insted of ww?

I just thought that was the funniest thing. My camera is having a moment, but when it feels better, I will post a picture of it. Thanks again so much for sharing all of your lovely creations :hug

Thanks you SO much Creativity Woods. I have also written a knitted mitten pattern for Dora. I think they would fit an AG doll too since I made them to fit Dee Dee aka Dora's Double. For some odd reason last night I couldn't get the crochet thing to work said forget it and just knitted a pair.

Thanks you SO much Creativity Woods. I have also written a knitted mitten pattern for Dora. I think they would fit an AG doll too since I made them to fit Dee Dee aka Dora's Double. For some odd reason last night I couldn't get the crochet thing to work said forget it and just knitted a pair.

I find this really funny because I do not :knit mittens unless absolutely necessary and then only on two needles. :wlol

I can crochet doll mittens in my sleep but not that K thingy :knit:no

I find this really funny because I do not :knit mittens unless absolutely necessary and then only on two needles. :wlol

I can crochet doll mittens in my sleep but not that K thingy :knit:no

LOL you can do them on 2 needles LOL you'd just hvae to sew the side seams. I did find it funny that I couldn't crochet mittens. I guess it was one of those days LOL

Wow! Everything that's been posted lately looks great. I've done one more thing recently. Scout went with me on my vacation to Disney. We left the 21st and were gone a week. I've been home (well, back from there, I was on a trip to Canada this week...) for a week now but only just got around to uploading my pictures.

485658808_6db5cfdbd5_m.jpg

While doing laundry that morning, I created Scout a little tanktop. I made it in two pieces. I think I made it a little big, but that's better than too small. I'd feel a little self-concous wearing it, if only because the armholes go so low. She doesn't care, she loves it and refuses to take it off now. I made it with cotton WW yarn (it was originally going to make dishclothes...) and a G (I think) hook.

Enjoy!

Addy I love Scout's Tank Top. We are planning our trip to Ohio to visit family and take our DD for her 2nd birthday on June 16th. I plan on taking my hooks and needles so I have stuff to do in the car. My mom is also an advid hooker too :)

Addy - great job on Scout's tank top! As long as she loves it thats all that matters if its a little bit too big or not!

I did sit down this weekend and start on my Christina's new outfit. I finished shoes and then some bell-bottomesque pants. (I'm working my way up from the bottom) Now once I figure out how to make her top (I have in my mind a type of 70s style look with flaring sleeves and a tunic style body)

Addey,

Scout's top is just perfect for this weather we're having this week:yay I love the color of the cotton you used. It almost looks a littly lacy, what stitch pattern did you use?

Helen

What do you all use for closures on the doll clothes? Buttons? If you use velcro, do you sew by hand or machine.

I was thinking if it was sewn by hand it might not be strong enough for constant opening and closing.

What works the best? Especially with crochet. I've used velcro with fabric doll clothes.

:think

Addey,

Scout's top is just perfect for this weather we're having this week:yay I love the color of the cotton you used. It almost looks a littly lacy, what stitch pattern did you use?

Helen

I pretty much just winged it. I made a chain long enough to go side-seam to side-seam. I alternated between rows of HDC and a row of (2 HDC in a stitch, skip one) (if that makes sense...) For the shoulders I just sl st over enough to make the arm hole and did about three more rows. The straps were about 4 or 5 stitches wide and about 5 rows. I made the front the same as the back. I hope this helps. I didn't actualy write down the pattern.

I pretty much just winged it. I made a chain long enough to go side-seam to side-seam. I alternated between rows of HDC and a row of (2 HDC in a stitch, skip one) (if that makes sense...) For the shoulders I just sl st over enough to make the arm hole and did about three more rows. The straps were about 4 or 5 stitches wide and about 5 rows. I made the front the same as the back. I hope this helps. I didn't actualy write down the pattern.

Makes perfect sense. It looks much harder from the photo. That was pretty smart thinking! Hdc is my favorite stitch. I just figured that out when I did a fbb and used that stitch for the whole thing.

Looks great, and it's perfect to keep her cool this summer :hot

• 2 weeks later...

Very cute! I haven't made anything for my girls (or Sam) in ages. I'm not sure what I want to make next for them... I may try overalls again for Scout, since I gave the last pair to my niece. Sam could probably use something too.

Darski,

That is just so cute. Your uniforms always look so realistic, it's really neat. Thanks for sharing your cool stuff with us all!

Addey,

I just did a ruffly skirt that I think I will add bibs onto. DD is on another kick where all she wants to wear are her Carhartt bibs. Thank goodness she has a few pairs! DD is also still asking for me to help her make more camping and sleepover stuff for her 18" dolls. I finally had a good stash of doll stuff saved up and she got another doll! Is that how it happened with your bears?

Addey,

I just did a ruffly skirt that I think I will add bibs onto. DD is on another kick where all she wants to wear are her Carhartt bibs. Thank goodness she has a few pairs! DD is also still asking for me to help her make more camping and sleepover stuff for her 18" dolls. I finally had a good stash of doll stuff saved up and she got another doll! Is that how it happened with your bears?

It seems like as soon as I get my 'family' settled there's another addition. :D

I got A.T. as a Valentines day present for myself several years ago now. (You haven't seen him yet, I haven't made anything for him.) A few years after that is when Columbia disentigrated on landing. It was the day before my Gram's 80th birthday. I was feeling pretty blue and upset. (I was 10 when Challenger went and that wrecked my world for quite some time, being the space freak I was/am.) Two years later my long-term (5.5 year) boyfriend broke up with me. I was bummed one day a few months later and Sam came home to cheer me up. He was my buddy and my pal and my constant smile. He's become a bit more grumpy over the years, but I think it's because he feels threatened by Scout. I got Scout for my DH for his birthday when we were first engaged. (Summary: we dated for about 6 months, split, but stayed in contact, when I moved back to PA from OK and then after the 5.5 year BF got back together again about 5 months later and were engaged a month or so after that and married a year later...) Now Scout and Sam are our babies, but Sally and A.T. are still here and a part of the family (somewhat like older step-sibs?)

Hopefully soon, we'll have a baby of our own, but until then, we've got the bears.

Ok, I didn't mean to ramble on this long, but thought I'd share the story of my 'kids'.

I will be posting the pattern for this tomorrow but wanted to share the pretty picture now.

oc5.jpg

there is a bathing suit to go with the hat, beach bag and cover up.

It seems like as soon as I get my 'family' settled there's another addition. :D

I got A.T. as a Valentines day present for myself several years ago now. (You haven't seen him yet, I haven't made anything for him.) A few years after that is when Columbia disentigrated on landing. It was the day before my Gram's 80th birthday. I was feeling pretty blue and upset. (I was 10 when Challenger went and that wrecked my world for quite some time, being the space freak I was/am.) Two years later my long-term (5.5 year) boyfriend broke up with me. I was bummed one day a few months later and Sam came home to cheer me up. He was my buddy and my pal and my constant smile. He's become a bit more grumpy over the years, but I think it's because he feels threatened by Scout. I got Scout for my DH for his birthday when we were first engaged. (Summary: we dated for about 6 months, split, but stayed in contact, when I moved back to PA from OK and then after the 5.5 year BF got back together again about 5 months later and were engaged a month or so after that and married a year later...) Now Scout and Sam are our babies, but Sally and A.T. are still here and a part of the family (somewhat like older step-sibs?)

Hopefully soon, we'll have a baby of our own, but until then, we've got the bears.

Ok, I didn't mean to ramble on this long, but thought I'd share the story of my 'kids'.

that is such a sweet tale to tell.

Thank you for sharing; we'll look forward to some togs for the big babies soon

that is such a sweet tale to tell.

Thank you for sharing; we'll look forward to some togs for the big babies soon

Thanks Darski. :) I really like that new outfit you posted a picture of. I love that little beach bag.

Very cute!! I love all the new patterns... I'm being selfish and making me a tanktop right now. (I hope to get that done this weekend, or mid-week...)

Archived