15" to 18" doll clothes CAL anybody?

Creativity Woods

Okay here's another one for ya it's Dora in a sailor outfit. Maybe I can make a hat for her but I don't know how to make them lol. Well here she is:

DoraSailorfront.jpg

DoraSailorback.jpg

DoraSailorOutfit.jpg

I wrote out the pattern for the pants but I frogged the top so many times that I lost count on it so I have to give Darski her props on making the outifts for Dora. I used a I hook and Red Heart Super Saver for her outfit and for the waist of her pants I used an elastic hair band.

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’ve had a bonanza day! I found a whole stack of old doll clothes patterns from my own stash and I bid on two different auctions on Ebay. One has three patten envelopes and the other has five. One of them was one that I saw at Wal-Mart but they didn’t have it in stock. I also found some dolls I'd forgotten I have. I'm thinking about turning my craft building into a doll shop.

I'm finding lots of patterns to knit and crochet on-line, too.

Aelita, I love your nautical outfit. It really is just darling.

A while back, I got a request that I make a "sailor" outfit for Dora and I have been working on it since then. The middy is driving me crazy - on my fourth try... :sigh

I hope you don't think that I am copying from your idea and mine is quite different from what you have done.

Aelita, I love your nautical outfit. It really is just darling.

A while back, I got a request that I make a "sailor" outfit for Dora and I have been working on it since then. The middy is driving me crazy - on my fourth try... :sigh

I hope you don't think that I am copying from your idea and mine is quite different from what you have done.

Why would I think that?? I love your Dora patterns and hope that you keep them going but never think I would think you were copying me. Thank you for your compliment it means alot coming from you seeing as you make wonderful Dora clothes.

I'm trying to find a top down cardigan type sweater pattern for an 18 inch doll. Funnymom8, is your pattern a top down? Where is your pattern from? It's exactly the type I have in mind for the doll. Right now I have an 18 inch doll to make doll clothes for but in the future I'm going to have a 16 inch doll. I was shopping at K-Mart yesterday and came across the Terry Lee dolls. I love them! I want to get the party one for my grandaughter since she has dark hair. I saw on-line that Target also has these dolls.

aelita - your outfits are just adorable!!! way to go!! thanks for the pattern, i have printed it out and added it to my darki dora binder.

does anyone on this thread do barbie/ken clothes too? if so, let me know as i have a couple of links that are totally awesome (one for thread and one for WW)

This Gardener's Getaway outfit has a top down cardigan

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=46429

Scroll down past the cargo pants.

Good morning darski, I printed out that pattern about two hours before you posted. I came across it when I was searching through your patterns in Original Patterns. I'm amazed at how many patterns you've made for Dora and 18 inch dolls. They're all so cute!

I started that pattern plus one of your dresses last night. They're coming right along.

It is a berenguer doll that someone has put a wig on. They come in many different sizes and it's hard to tell from you pic what size you have. But I think all of them are much "chubbier" than Dora. But I bet you could use one of Darski's CP patterns for her. I used one of her CP patterns for my Baby alive and it fits perfectly.

Congrats on your new dolly.

Debby

It is a berenguer doll that someone has put a wig on. They come in many different sizes and it's hard to tell from you pic what size you have. But I think all of them are much "chubbier" than Dora. But I bet you could use one of Darski's CP patterns for her. I used one of her CP patterns for my Baby alive and it fits perfectly.

Congrats on your new dolly.

Debby

She's about 15 or 16 inches tall and like you said, very chubby. I love her hair! The pigtails were coming lose so I fixed that when I got her home. She's a cheerful looking doll. I couldn't walk away from her. I'll try some of the different patterns and see what seems to fit the best.

This is one of Darski's CP patterns that I used for my Baby Alive. It fits her perfectly.

th_101_0496.jpg

I love that dress. So cute! I'm definitely going to make that for her. I'll go look for the pattern right now. Thankyou for posting about it.

Thank you, I am hoping to try some more of her patterns as soon as I get caught up with some other wip's.

Sorry to hear about your baby alive. Most of my childhood doll met the same fate. LOL Aren't brother's wonderful. This is one of the new versions of Baby Alive. She is available in WM and most toy stores right now. She talks and drinks/wets.

Debby

I won an 18 inch Magic Attic "Heather" doll on Ebay! I love the way she looks and I'm going to start making her some new clothes today. I want to make some long pants, a nightgown and a robe for her first. I'll sew those and also want to make her a knitted or crocheted sweater. This is the doll:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=330234379909

And these are some patterns I won on Ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=300221061396

Archived