15" to 18" doll clothes CAL anybody?

Creativity Woods

Hello All!

I was wondering if anybody may be interested in doing a CAL of 15 to 18 inch doll clothes, like those American Girl, Bitty Baby, Dora, Disney kids?

I have been searching online for free patterns like these and have found quite a few. I have also made up a few of my own. I would also like to make most of mine with matching outfits for my size 6 DD.

I would like to start with a nightgown pattern I have made and if anyone would like to tell me what they think, then go from there.

Please let me know if anybody is interested in joining along? Thanks!

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was planning on making clothes for a Boo doll (Monsters Inc). She is only about 12" tall but her body shape is the same as the 15" disney dolls... so I'll have to alter some patterns to make it. Does that count? I do plan on getting a 15" disney doll in the near future, though. So count me in. :cheer

Lady of Shalott,

That sounds cute, I haven't seen a Boo doll, I just loved that movie! My DD has a soft bodied and a plastic bodied 15" Disney doll, so if you need some measurements let me know if I can help until you get yours. The nightgown I have in the works would just need fewer rounds at the bottom of the skirt, so you are good to go!

Butterfly04,

I would like to start on Monday, after the snow gets cleaned up a little around here (Vermont). I have bookmarked several free patterns online and have made up some of my own. The first pattern I would like to work on is a simple nightgown pattern that could be easily modified to any of our dolls or girls, with a small sleeping bag and pillow. I hope to have it all written out and posted by friday. Oh, btw, I plan on using Caron Simply Soft, so my patterns will be geared to worsted weight yarn, but we can modify that, too.

Addey,

I am in the process of starting a blog and will have the pattern there, but I will put the pattern up here first. Hopefully by Friday morning. We have a couple build a bears, too that I never thought of dressing up, this could be too cool!

Helen

Welcome Angelfire!

Thank you so much for offering to share any patterns you come across, that would be great!

I am so excited to get going, this snow has me crazy. I have been madly doing the math on several doll and girl projects to use up some of my large stash.

I will be writing everything up over the next couple days.

Helen

This is soo much fun. If anyone has bears they're dressing that need a cute little roll brimed hat, I'll share my pattern I made for Scout (see above post). It can also be done without earholes to fit cabage patch kids and the like.

Wow, Creativity... you must have done the same google search as me.. b/c the crochet patterns you came up with were all the same ones I was considering. haha. I won't be doing the knitting patterns, b/c I haven't learned to knit yet... but I will definitely do the skirt, dress and accessories, and jumper.

And does anyone know if they have those 15" disney dolls that don't have ballerina toes now... or are those the only options at toy stores at the moment?:eek

Addey,

Thanks so much, I know all my girls are gonna need hats. And my DD is so into accessories. Now she even wants to make them purses. As long as she doesn't say they need mittens, I may be OK. I am so excited that she wants to learn about crochet, she is my only girl so it is even better!

Lady,

Our Disney girls are in bed with my DD right now, but I will look in the morning. I never noticed what their toes looked like. What are ballarina toes? Do some of them look like they are standing on Pointe? She has had hers for a while so I am not sure if I will be much help. I do remember just seeing them yesterday at KB Toys in Vermont for around $15, but I am unsure about the feet. Also, if you want to learn how to knit, I can send you some links to the sites that helped me learn, just let me know.

Have a great night, Ladies! :hook

Hello Heather,

I would love to try to include Cabbage patch measurements for you folks that have them. If you get a chance to, you can post their measurements and I will try to include them in our patterns. I hope that would help you out.

Hop on in when you can, I think we will be going for a little while!

Creativity Woods, 'ballerina toes' are on the newest Disney dolls that are ballerinas. The toes are molded into a ballerina point...and don't move so that you can twirl them around to dance and sing or something. Anyway, I found a snow white doll for $9 at Walmart, but it was the ballerina kind. do you think that would work anyway?

At any rate, my Boo Doll has strange measurements so I don't know how well I can adapt some of these patterns. Her chest is 7" around and her stomach is 8 1/4".. and she stands about 12" tall. I made an adaptation of the jumper into a dress with some left over yarn I just used for another doll dress project. If I can figure out how to do the straps correctly for her size that would work better. Her arms are straight and it is easier to work on jumpers that can be buttoned up, than to try to pull on a dress, even with open sleeves. :think As you can see from the link, my sleeves are a little too loose. oh well, better luck next time, it only took me about an hour to do.

You can see pictures here: (there are 3, just hit the 'back' on the picture thumbnails for the other two)

http://s138.photobucket.com/albums/q266/Corrina2007/2007%20Projects/?action=view&current=IMG_1185.jpg

Darski a lady on here has put a few patterns she made up for the Dora doll in the original patterns section they are some really cute ones. If you haven't seen them I'll look up the links to them.

A Perfect 6! - doll - image intense

Nighty bye-bye -doll

Dressed for February

I Love a Parade in March

Georgia in Motion - doll

We've Got the T.E.A.M. - doll

Life on the Beach - part 1

Life on The Beach - Part 2

Sunday-Go-To-Meeting ensemble

These are very cute I'm going to try some when I get a chance.

Lady of Shalott,

I think your dancer doll would be just fine. Is your little one into dance? The Georgia in motion pattern by our so talented Darski looks like it would be perfect for you if you adapted it to not have the large belly. On your doll are the chest, belly and hip measurements about the same? Ours are, so I am going to try to add the tutu skirt to a straight top with a halter type strap. Then a matching shrug using the pink schrug schematics in the original patterns section.

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=6750

I have never tried to do a dance outfit, so i thought it would be pretty.

Your Boo doll is so cute, and i love the dress you made for her. Proportionately her measurements seem similar to some of the others, her chest is just a little smaller than her waist. As far as her arms go, I am planning on having open backs on most of my patterns, so i hope that would help. With her arms straight up in the air, you could pull them down from over her head? You hav ea great head start with her, I think it will go great!

Heather,

Thank you so much for putting those links into one place. I was thinking the same thing. As they say, great minds think alike :lol Her patterns are the cutest I have ever seen for dolls.

Well Ladies, I am off to work on getting my blog up and running so I can post my patterns there along with some photos.

Hope you are having a great day!

These are all such adorable outfits:cheer

Darski a lady on here has put a few patterns she made up for the Dora doll in the original patterns section they are some really cute ones. If you haven't seen them I'll look up the links to them.

A Perfect 6! - doll - image intense

Nighty bye-bye -doll

Dressed for February

I Love a Parade in March

Georgia in Motion - doll

We've Got the T.E.A.M. - doll

Life on the Beach - part 1

Life on The Beach - Part 2

Sunday-Go-To-Meeting ensemble

These are very cute I'm going to try some when I get a chance.

Hi all, I am trying to keep my patterns all in one place. I got off track originally by posting in show and tell so for now Original Patterns is my place to be. I can post links here if I get another set up in that thread though.

I will check in and see how things are going here.

Oh, good news, I might have a chance at an AG doll. don't go betting the rent money but... maybe

Cancel that announcement. i just saw the price of one of them. No way man. I will keep looking for the cheap look-alikes :wlol

Hello! I have been wanting to make my niece some clothes for her american girl doll.This cal will help me get started! Now I need to dig through the closet and find my dd american girl doll that she has stored in the attic.It is kind of difficult to make clothes without a doll to dress up.First I have to finnish up a pillow I am crocheting for my mother(I am running late-it was supposed to be for Valentine's day.)

Leslie

Hi Darski,

I have got to tell you that the Americal Girl dolls are almost identical to several cheaper knock offs. You know about the Target "Our Generation" ones, they are also orderable on target.com and they are between 20 and 30 dollars each dressed with 1 or 2 outfits. There is also a craft doll called the Springfield dolls that you can buy online or in craft stores for around 20, I think, but don't quote me which come undressed. http://www.springfielddolls.com/

My DD has 2 of the Target ones she received for her BDay and xmas from her grandparents, she is only 4, so I don't even know if she will continue to like dolls, I won't spring for a real AG doll at her age. She does have the 15" Bitty Baby AG doll, but that was half the price of a big one and was also for xmas.

I think your patterns are the best doll patterns I have ever seen, if I get halfway there for my DD's dolls, I'll be happy! You mentioned that you are trying to keep your patterns in one place at the design den, have you thought about starting a blog? I just did and hope it works out well. Best of all, it was free and only took a few minutes. I am sure many people would love to see your work, I know I sure would.

Have a great day!

Welcome Leslie,

Come on in, we are gearing up to start on Monday(ish). I hope to have my first couple patterns written up and posted here and on my blog tomorrow. I need to learn how to post the photos and check the measurements on some of the dolls we have been talking about. I hope to have the patterns be adaptable to what we all have for dolls along with the AG dolls.

I, too have a couple valentine patterns finishing up, but we are snowed in and can't deliver them anyway! :lol

Glad to have you!

Addey, what a cute bear!:cheer

Thank you very much! She's really a part of my 'family' My DH and I have a total of 4 bears, 2 of whom share our bed every night. Some people have dogs or cats, we have bears :P

Archived