15" to 18" doll clothes CAL anybody?

Creativity Woods

Addey,

What a cute story. It goes to show, with men or kids you just never know what to expect, lol. Dh bought me Vermont Teddy Bear Factory bears while we were waiting for our dd. It took a little longer than we thought, so I ended up with a few of them :lol But hey, like I said, you never know.

Darski,

Those are really cute patterns. :applause Thanks so much for sharing them. I am going to make dd the swimming one to go with her camping outfits. I especially love that ocean colorway, also. I have used it way to many times! But that's ok, cause it is one of dd's faves, too.

Hope you guys are all having a good week! :yay

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Addey,

What a cute story. It goes to show, with men or kids you just never know what to expect, lol. Dh bought me Vermont Teddy Bear Factory bears while we were waiting for our dd. It took a little longer than we thought, so I ended up with a few of them :lol But hey, like I said, you never know.

:lol I know what you mean... I really enjoy making stuff for my stuffed babies though.

I'm still plugging away at that tank top, I got the back done, now to do the front half... I hope mine looks as good on me as Scout's does on her! We shall see. I have no idea what I'll make next for the kids, I guess it depends on where I'm off to. (I've got a trip to FL and a trip to CA at the end of the month, but for work, not fun...)

OT: Never let anyone tell you that traveling for business all the time is fun. It stinks, big time. I admit, I get a lot of time to work on projects, but cramped in a plane isn't the best place... I don't get that much time at home. I have no idea how other people travel even more than I do and still have a family! :think:shrug

Ok, enough ramble/rant for me...

i would like to join in on that my grandchilren wants me to make doll cloths and those funny looking toys for them

:welcome aboard. we have lots of inspiration here and pattern links everywhere. I don't think we have a lot of amigurumi in here but you can find it elsewhere on the site

My DSD loved all the clothes I made for her doll.....and she wants more. She asked for a bathing suit for the doll (event though she knows the doll can't go in the water). So here's what I came up with.......I also made a matching headband and cover up for my DSD.......

Dollbikini.jpg

Dollbikinicoverup.jpg

My DSD loved all the clothes I made for her doll.....and she wants more. She asked for a bathing suit for the doll (event though she knows the doll can't go in the water). So here's what I came up with.......I also made a matching headband and cover up for my DSD.......

Dollbikinicoverup.jpg

This is so cute and I love the colours. That matching poncho and headband is a neat idea.

Wow, everything looks great since last I checked this CAL. I got 'dragged' into doing doll clothing again. :) I'm attempting more outfits for the 20" doll I have. Here's the first of them. The hat is Darski's design, but the rest is my own. :) There are three pictures. It is hard to see the buttons around the belt but they are there.

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q266/Corrina2007/2007%20Projects/dolls/IMG_2060.jpg

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q266/Corrina2007/2007%20Projects/dolls/IMG_2055.jpg

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q266/Corrina2007/2007%20Projects/dolls/IMG_2058.jpg

Wow, everything looks great since last I checked this CAL. I got 'dragged' into doing doll clothing again. :) I'm attempting more outfits for the 20" doll I have. Here's the first of them. The hat is Darski's design, but the rest is my own. :) There are three pictures. It is hard to see the buttons around the belt but they are there.

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q266/Corrina2007/2007%20Projects/dolls/IMG_2060.jpg

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q266/Corrina2007/2007%20Projects/dolls/IMG_2055.jpg

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q266/Corrina2007/2007%20Projects/dolls/IMG_2058.jpg

I love this. I am having a 50's flashback to Dior's "New Look". What a great job you did. I remember those dolls.. wish I still had one :wlol

Thanks Darski. :) I'm attempting a bathing suit using the bottom half of the playsuit you designed for Dora. I was going to make one that was just a dress, but than I would have to make underwear and it would look bulky... so the playsuit bottom was perfect.

wow, that's a great site, darski. I thought the videos were really funny and informative. I love how the narrator kept getting 'worried' about the cost of the items. :)

Here are a few more I made:

http://s138.photobucket.com/albums/q266/Corrina2007/2007%20Projects/dolls/?action=view&current=IMG_2091.jpg

http://s138.photobucket.com/albums/q266/Corrina2007/2007%20Projects/dolls/?action=view&current=IMG_2068.jpg

Hi everybody!

I just love the things you guys are making for your dolls! I have a list of requests for another 18" doll set that i need to get finished up.

I was wondering in any of you guys have thought about doing a doll outfit for the auction? Do you guys think anybody besides us would bid on them, lol?

Hi everybody!

I just love the things you guys are making for your dolls! I have a list of requests for another 18" doll set that i need to get finished up.

I was wondering in any of you guys have thought about doing a doll outfit for the auction? Do you guys think anybody besides us would bid on them, lol?

I have offered to send all of my 18" doll clothes.

And yeah...I was thinking that if nobody wanted them they could be donated to a charity nearby or added to the Nursery toys at Amy's church.

Hmmm...Vintage clothes....I have all of my Mom's old Barbies & Ginny Dolls and all of their clothes back in the US....I'll have to look through them when I'm back there next month for some inspiration.....granted I'd need to make them a LOT larger to fit my CPK, b ut inspiration is inspiration and I'll take it anywhere I can find it from these days!

My poor Christina is still only half dressed, can not find the time to finish her a top, poor thing! Its good that its summer otherwise she would be freezing to death....of wait, shes not had any clothes for the 2+ years I've had her in Belgium with me....a little longer should not hurt her!

And yeah...I was thinking that if nobody wanted them they could be donated to a charity nearby or added to the Nursery toys at Amy's church.

You wouldn't have to worry 'bout that. My dd would send her whole piggy bank for your doll clothes!

And believe me, that's a big deal. That kid wouldn't spend her money to save her own life, usually! But you can bet she would for your stuff:yes

You wouldn't have to worry 'bout that. My dd would send her whole piggy bank for your doll clothes!

And believe me, that's a big deal. That kid wouldn't spend her money to save her own life, usually! But you can bet she would for your stuff:yes

Thank you for soothing my bruised ego :hug

Thank you for soothing my bruised ego :hug

Oh, no! I feel like I missed something. Did I say something to bruise your ego? If so, I deeply apologize, please remember that I am still pretty heavily medicated and I do type faster than I think for a large portion of the time! :hug

Oh, no! I feel like I missed something. Did I say something to bruise your ego? If so, I deeply apologize, please remember that I am still pretty heavily medicated and I do type faster than I think for a large portion of the time! :hug

Oh no, it wasn't you. I just have been thinking that they were pretty poor pickings since I offered them and was trying to find a way out of the offer.

You helped me believe that they could make a :2c couple of pennies :wlol

Oh no, it wasn't you. I just have been thinking that they were pretty poor pickings since I offered them and was trying to find a way out of the offer.

You helped me believe that they could make a :2c couple of pennies :wlol

I would say much more than a couple of pennies, she has every single dollar of birthday and x-mas money in there, LOL! I think they would go extremely well, those dolls are so popular with girls these days.

And your stuff is so much better than what is being made out there. My dd even has a couple outfits straight from American girl that i don't feel are anywhere near the quality they are charging for. (They were a gift from friends that live in NYC)

oh my I know my DGD would bid on them...they are great.

thank you for telling me about the zip file on the yahoo group site. I guess all the messages from my yahoo groups have been getting bounced. You are a true inspiration and your patterns are much better than the ones that I paid for on EBay before you started designing

Archived