15" to 18" doll clothes CAL anybody?

Creativity Woods

Addey,

That is grrrrrreat (sorry I had to, have done way too many bear growls with my 4yo today)! I love the stitch pattern. I am so bored with plain hdc. I would love it if you wouldn't mind sharing the pattern. Goes so well with the hat, too.

Thanks!

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

cute poncho, Addey :cheer

Well, Creativity, I only started crocheting last year... so I only have a few colors to work with that are 'homeless' left over skeins. You could make some kind of full-length bath robe for an AG doll and a matching towel and slippers with all that light blue. (not that I have a pattern for either. haha). I'm thinking of just doing another layered dress with the dark and light blue yarns (I did a victorian bustle dress with them already, which was my original project for those colors... I just had so much of it left over)... but with smaller layers. I think I want to try to design some costumes either from different eras or movies..... hmmmm....

I have a few more Boo outfits almost finished... I just have to weave in ends, sew buttons on and do a little embellishments. Will be posting pictures of them soon.

Darski,

Good morning, isn't everybody's stuff coming out so well? I think this is so cool. I have had so much going on that I am behind on my blogging. I need to get that camera dumped out from vacation so I can take some pictures of what I have been up too.

Do you have anything on your hooks right now? Or anything special in mind?

Addey,

That is grrrrrreat (sorry I had to, have done way too many bear growls with my 4yo today)! I love the stitch pattern. I am so bored with plain hdc. I would love it if you wouldn't mind sharing the pattern. Goes so well with the hat, too.

Thanks!

:lol I like bear growls... (my DH's nickname is Bear...)

Ok, for the pattern for the poncho. It's done in two pieces.

G Hook, WW yarn (I used the Bernat Denim, which is becoming a favorite)

Multiple of 2+1 (If using a lighter WW or sport, I'd suggest adding at least 1 repeat)

Gauge: not all that important, 5 repeats = ~3"

Ch 13

Row 1: sc in each ch across. (12 sc)

Row 2: ch 3, skip 1st sc, *(sc, ch3, sc) in next sc, skip next sc*, repeat 4 more times, (sc, ch3) in last sc. (5 ch 3 sp)

Row 3: (sc, ch3, sc) in next 5 ch 3 sp, (sc, ch 3) in last ch 3 sp)

Repeat row 3 for pattern.

In last row, after last ch3, slc into previous ch3 sp in same row.

I used 24 rows total for each half. There should be aprox 3" difference between lenght and width to make a good size head opening. (This will give you aprox a 12" circumfrance opening)

Join like any other poncho (short side to long side, fold and join) I just sl mine together.

I added a row of sc and then the pattern to the outside edge. If needed, you can also add a row of sc to neckline. (I would not use rsc, as this would eliminate streatch.)

I hope that's clear, if not, let me know. The stitch pattern is a bit lacier when you do it in a lighter WW yarn.

Lady of Shalott,

I actually do have a pattern for a bathrobe and slippers for the AG dolls. It just came in this book:

http://www.bernat.com/patternbook.php?PBS=530112%20

I have yet to make anything from it yet. My gague is not coming out right, so i am trying to do some math on it. Come to think of it the blues I have would even match my bathroom, lol.

Your dresses sound gorgeous. I just started noticing some like that when Darski did one for Dora and a friend asked about helping her find a modern bed doll. I really can't get over some of them. My dd is actually too tomboyish for her to get into the beautiful dresses, oh well. It took several years for us to have her, and she's so very un-girly. I have been very suprised that she likes dolls or any dresses. Maybe there is hope yet.

Your dresses sound gorgeous. I just started noticing some like that when Darski did one for Dora and a friend asked about helping her find a modern bed doll. I really can't get over some of them. My dd is actually too tomboyish for her to get into the beautiful dresses, oh well. It took several years for us to have her, and she's so very un-girly. I have been very suprised that she likes dolls or any dresses. Maybe there is hope yet.

:lol I know abut the tomboy thing. I'm pretty much a tomboy myself (people are always amazed I do something as 'girly' as crochet!). Therefore, I'm also having to come up with 'boy' clothes for my one bear. It's a lot harder than it sounds. I am going to make one or two of the dresses, but they will be for Sally, not Scout. (Scout takes after her 'mama'.) I hope to get a few more done this week, and something that requires shape, not just a poncho or hat :P

Addy, Thankyou for the poncho pattern!!!I made a skirt out of(well,it was going to be a baby hobo bag)mauve pink cotton chunky that somehow came outlooking decent.I used a ribbon to make a drawsting belt.Now, I will work on the poncho. Thankyou!!! Leslie

Addy, Thankyou for the poncho pattern!!!I made a skirt out of(well,it was going to be a baby hobo bag)mauve pink cotton chunky that somehow came outlooking decent.I used a ribbon to make a drawsting belt.Now, I will work on the poncho. Thankyou!!! Leslie

I can't wait to see the finished outfit! The poncho only took about an hour or so of actual work. If it's really chunky yarn, you may want to decrease the starting chain by 2 if it's too wide.

welcome to the CAL, jj and sunflowermom :)

Okay... here is Boo's new white nightie (The ribbon isn't really sewed into place yet... I was still debating whether I wanted it or not) from Darski's dora pattern. The red and white shirt is just something I winged. I need to make her shorts to go under it because the black panties don't look right. :( It's hard to make anything that is supposed to be fitted around her tummy area b/c that's where her voice box is...and it will trigger it. :lol

Anyway, I just figured out how to post pictures IN the thread so this is what I have for Boo so far:

IMG_1221.jpg

IMG_1237.jpg

IMG_1238.jpg

Very cute Lady of Shalott! Boo's got some cute new clothes.I think if you did the panties in the red and sewed them to the shirt, it would look like a skirted bathing suit, which would be cute with a beach bag and a towel...

I like the ribon on the nightie, makes is really cute. You've done some nice stuff. I just hope my bigger projects turn out anywhere near that nice.

Sunflowermom and jj818,

Welcome and come on in. We are just getting into the swing of things, but I am telling you these ladies have some major talent here. Everything we have seen so far has been so cool. :yay I can't wait to see more, that is my favorite part.

Lady of Shalott,

You are so right about us all starting to think alike. I thought the same thing as Addey about the swimsuit, it looks just like the one my dd had last year. And I too love the ribbon. I just love Boo's outfits. Especially the nightgown. It looks like I am going to try that pattern too, for the bigger dolls. I have frogged my tries at a nightgown about ten times and now give up on it.

Yup, I am gonna have to try the bathrobe for the girls. I want to have girls only spa night with my dd and her dolls while hubby is doing stuff with ds to try to make things fair for both of them. That would just take the cake, since the pattern has a matching girl one, too. Now I just need to find a pattern for one for me, I would like to make myself a swimsuit coverup before school lets out in June and we start camping season.

Addey,

Could Scout be convinced to wear a gorgeous girly color if it was overalls, possibly with a small flower attached to tham with a matching hat? When my dd would only wear Carrhart overalls, I bought them in girly colors and decorated them, lol! Tomboys can someimes be eclectic, my first degree was in Automotive technology, and I crochet girly stuff, hey, you never know. There is always hope! :yes

Goodnight ladies, I am gonna go pass out!

Thanks for the encouragement!

Creativity, that Darski's night gown is super easy to do. It was so easy I think I did it wrong. :lol

Addey, that's a good idea about the bathing suit... the only thing is that I still have that bright variegated yarn that I used for the hat ... and I thought it probably would only look good as a bathing suit. haha. But I guess she could have two, right?

jj, I just figured out how to make booties! I was trying to make socks and they just magically turned into booties! I guess I can just add a little chain on the front for Mary Jane style shoes. :)

Funnymom, Nice sweaters! I think I have the same buttons... so, of course I love them too! haha :cheer What kind of doll is that?

So... anyway.. I'm working on a black and white dress ensemble for Boo right now... I'm finished except for weaving in the ends. I think I'm getting the hang of it b/c I was able to wing it from mistakes I made. :) I thought I was going to work on some other projects while I wait to get my pattern book in the mail (in about 2 weeks probably... Annie's attic is pretty slow getting things out to me for some reason) but Boo just keeps staring at me with those big brown eyes and I can't resist. I think I'll be using up my remnants on her. :yarn

She's a Hopscotch Hill doll by American Girl-this one is Logan. They discontinued them, but there's always some on ebay. We've had ours for a few years. Mattel has a doll out, same size-same body and limbs, but older face--named Teen Trends. I love these dolls........

As for buttons--I LOVE buttons!!! I almost hate using them, but they do finish off an item sometimes:)...................Lise

Sunflowermom and jj818,Addey,

Could Scout be convinced to wear a gorgeous girly color if it was overalls, possibly with a small flower attached to tham with a matching hat? When my dd would only wear Carrhart overalls, I bought them in girly colors and decorated them, lol! Tomboys can someimes be eclectic, my first degree was in Automotive technology, and I crochet girly stuff, hey, you never know. There is always hope! :yes

Goodnight ladies, I am gonna go pass out!

:lol Yeah, I think I could convince her to wear some purple overalls with some hearts or flowers on it. My favotie pair over overalls growing up (still have a few pair lying around...) were white with a blue heart in the middle of the back strap area. They were hand-me-downs from a neighbor girl and managed to survive two very active girls! I made a cute little matching 'flower' for Scout's hat, but just didn't put it on.

I think I'm going to break down and finally try the overalls this weekend. I've been putting off 'real' clothes long enough... This weekend my goal is a sundress for Sally and overalls for Scout. Wish me luck!

Addey,

Purple is my absolute fave! I just came across the coolest purples. One is in Bernat Softee Chunky called too purple, and the other is in Caron Simply Soft Brites, I think it is called grape. I am torn between the new brights and some of the old soft lilacs, too many choices! :yes

I am sure you will do great with the clothes this weekend. I was so intimidated about patterns ang getting things "perfect" but the more I think about it, it is still handmade and that is the real point. Ok, I admit I got a lecture from DH about perfectionism, and have realized that there is nobody out there recruiting crochet police! I would rather have a finished object in my hand in a decent timeframe than keep frogging the same piece to achieve some sort of perfection. So now I can get more stashbusting done, and then I can go buy more yarn :devil ! Good luck!

Addey,

Purple is my absolute fave! I just came across the coolest purples. One is in Bernat Softee Chunky called too purple, and the other is in Caron Simply Soft Brites, I think it is called grape. I am torn between the new brights and some of the old soft lilacs, too many choices! :yes

I am sure you will do great with the clothes this weekend. I was so intimidated about patterns ang getting things "perfect" but the more I think about it, it is still handmade and that is the real point. Ok, I admit I got a lecture from DH about perfectionism, and have realized that there is nobody out there recruiting crochet police! I would rather have a finished object in my hand in a decent timeframe than keep frogging the same piece to achieve some sort of perfection. So now I can get more stashbusting done, and then I can go buy more yarn :devil ! Good luck!

:lol I think your DH knows my dad. He's been giving me the "There's no such thing as perfect" speech for the past 30 years. (I'm only 31.) I'm also going to work on a sweater, probably tonight. My biggest fear is what I make not looking like what I had imagined in my head. I think that's the biggest reason why I don't draw much anymore either :P

Archived