15" to 18" doll clothes CAL anybody?

Creativity Woods

Hi everybody,

I made it home! In one piece, even after driving in downtown Boston. Out of towners should be required to leave the car parked and ride the subway around :rofl

The motel room was horrible and I had to come home to sleep, but there were a lot of little thing my kids really enjoyed, and that was what it was for. So I am trying not to complain too much.

My DD did manage to bring home another doll as a souvineer from the doll branch of build a bear. We spent all of our knit and crochet time trying to write up some patterns for her. I really like doing that with her, it is fun to look at it from the perspective of a 4yo. This will be a huge challenge. I didn't get anything else accomplished while trying to get the room situation straightened out, but I plan on smoking up those hooks today while Hubby takes over for a while.

I can't wait to see what everyone has been up to while I have been gone!

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glad to hear you made it home! I remember the hands-on kids museum in Boston, with the 2story tall 'jungle jym' maze thing. That was sooo awesome!

I haven't been up to much this week, as a different project took up what time I had. I'm hopefully going to get a few things worked on this weekend though. I've really got to redo Sam's hat, the first attempt just looked silly!

Hi everybody,

I made it home! In one piece, even after driving in downtown Boston. Out of towners should be required to leave the car parked and ride the subway around :rofl

The motel room was horrible and I had to come home to sleep, but there were a lot of little thing my kids really enjoyed, and that was what it was for. So I am trying not to complain too much.

My DD did manage to bring home another doll as a souvineer from the doll branch of build a bear. We spent all of our knit and crochet time trying to write up some patterns for her. I really like doing that with her, it is fun to look at it from the perspective of a 4yo. This will be a huge challenge. I didn't get anything else accomplished while trying to get the room situation straightened out, but I plan on smoking up those hooks today while Hubby takes over for a while.

I can't wait to see what everyone has been up to while I have been gone!

Thanks Addey,

I am glad to be home. The kids museum was closed for renovations so we missed it, but my kids really wanted the aquarium and that was wonderful. The food and shopping at quincy market was great, and the motel pool was like bathwater, so all was good.

I, too got distracted when I came home. My mom begged for a purse she saw so I had to find the pattern and make it for her yesterday. It was this one here: http://www.crochetme.com/node/113/print

I was glad she did, because I would have been intimidated by it and passed by it by, but it was quick and super easy. It is made with bulky yarn, so I am going to try it with baby yarn for our dolls and see how it comes out as a tote for them. It calls for one skein of bernat softee chunky that was only $1.67 at w*mart. I haven't been able to find soft handles that I liked, so I am making some from tubing and connectors I am stealing from my hubby's maple sugarhouse. I will share photos from them on my blog when I am done. Have a great day! :waving

Welcome Little Emerald Green Frog and Kameleon Cat!! The more the merrier! I'm almost finished my big blanket I was working on for RoseRed's CAL and can now dedicate mysself to this one. Once I get some B-A-B patterns worked out, I'll let ya know. They're short and round unlike the slim AG dolls, but they're about the same height overall.

Hellen- It must be nice to have your own maple sugaring setup...

Littleemeraldgreenfrog and Kameleonkat,

Come on in, There are many crochet patterns for 18" dolls now, it is pretty cool. Somewhere back at the beginning of the cal I posted some links that may be helpful and I posted my first attempt at a multi-doll dress pattern on my blog.

I am now getting ready to post some accessories there also. Purse, hat, scarf, pillows, blankies, that kind of thing. I also posted somewhere how to convert the pattern I wrote to the wider sizes for Cabbage patch dolls and the different bears out there. I hope that helps.

Do you ladies have an idea of what you want to make for your dolls. Ours basically need a whole wardrobe, linens, and accessories.

There is also an extremely talented lady here named Darski that has the most aDORAble patterns for the dress up adventure 15" Dora doll in the original patterns section of the design den. Even if you don't have that doll at your house she is such an inspiration. (sorry if I am embarrasing you, Darski :blush )

Welcome, don't hesitate to ask questions, and please share what you make, we would love to see.

Have a great day!

Hey, I had a little bit of downtime here at work this morning. Our network didn't want to play nice and if I can't get to the email etc, I can't exactly get a lot done.

This gave me time to play with patterns and try and decide what all my kiddos need.

I decided Scout needs a scarf to go with that wonderful hat of hers. I had a little bit of yarn stashed in my desk :blush so I started a test. I really like it and hope to make it tomorrow and post (I've got friends coming over this evening...). I also designed a poncho I hope to make her as well, although looking at my notes, it may fit an AG doll better than my bear, we'll see.

Never say I don't do anything productive at work!

I would like to join as well. I have started my own pattern for my daughter's AG doll. It is an attempt to copy the crocheted jacket/sweater on the cover of Crochet! from last year. I made one for myself and feel comfortable enough with the pattern to try and translate to the doll size. I will share if it is successful. This is my first attempt at a CAL. How do I start?

-Just realized that you came to Boston for vacation??? Are you used to our weather (I live in Wellesley)? I just returned from NH from a ski trip. Took my WIP's but did too much skiing - fell asleep early every night. That's why I'm hot to start crocheting again!

Hope you are feeling better.

Hi Tawny,

Welcome, come on in. The more the merrier. We seem to be a very doll and bear diverse group. I just can't wait to see what we all end up with, it will be really cool. We just started so we are all in the beginning stages of starting and/or designing projects. We have been sharing who we are making clothing for, what patterns and yarn we are using, and that kind of stuff. Back at the beginning of the cal we shared some links, and I posted my first attempt at a pattern on my blog that would fit most of the dolls we are working on. I also now have so much to catch up on that I could go on for days :hyper

Boston was cool, literally, but I am used to it. I have been in Maine and now Vermont for several years. We stayed in Revere by the airport. My 4yo dd is still running around singing "next stop, wonderland, no passengers" it is hilarious! I am actually feeling much better, slept most of the night last night in my own quiet warm bed. We are going back down in the summer with dh for about a week. You will have to clue me in on all the cool yarn shops, just don't tell hubby :devil

I will actually be at Bromley Mountain (by Manchester Ski Area in VT) tomorrow, my son has snowboarding lessons each tuesday. Watching that is the closest I get to skiing. Looks safer for my zero-coordination self, so ski a little for me. Have a great day!

Well, I finished a Boo Doll outfit. I made the AG skirt (ruffled doll skirt from crochetmore.com) into a smaller size and length...and I didn't really do the ruffle either. I know the Turquoise butterfly doesn't match the rest of the outfit, but I was going to originally add some straps to the skirt to make it a sundress. Instead I decided to try out one of Darski's Dora patterns for the shirt... just to see how the resizing would work. I used an F hook and light worsted weight yarn and it translated perfectly to Boo's sizing. The hat is an interpretation of Darski's sun hat... but I did the finishing row differently to make it look like flower petals. I also skipped a stitch on either side of her head to pull her pigtails through the hat so it would stay on her over-sized head. :)

Anyhow, what do you think? (there are three pictures)

http://s138.photobucket.com/albums/q266/Corrina2007/2007%20Projects/dolls/?action=view&current=IMG_1221.jpg

Addey,

How lucky to sneak in some crochet time at work. I can't wait to see what you come up with next. I just finished a sleeping bag, hat, and messenger bag for the dolls, but need to get my camera unloaded from vacation pictures. I also need to sit down and write everything down so I can post it all on my blog.

I remember seeing a bear poncho that had grannies on point for the front and back and a granny on each shoulder connecting them for the sides. If I can find it again, I will post a link to it.

Boo looks great! She's so cute! I also can't wait to see what else has been made.

Well, the scarf pattern I made up yesterday was a little too wide, so now it's going to be a poncho that will look somewhat like the one I made me, at least in texture. I'm half done and will finish it today. I'll post pics of both hers and mine. I'll probably do the scarf in a lighter yarn and fewer stitches across and it'll look great. I'm still going to do the other poncho I made, can't have too many of those some days :)

Hi! today i am going to start working on some doll clothes for my neice.(I finally finished the purse for my mom -which is actually a walker tote.)Where can I find a pattern for a poncho for AG doll?My goal today is to make alot of small quick items(I am a slow crocheter)I am going to St. Louis to visit my sister and will have her show me how to take pics and post them!!! Thankyou for this cal and all the wonderful doll clothes patterns! Leslie

thanks! I plan on making a nightie.....and I'll make the ruffled skirt again in two colors with the actual ruffle. haha (I was too lazy to do it yesterday) I am planning on getting this pattern booklet I found yesterday online:

http://www.anniesattic.com/crochet/detail.html?prod_id=19084

It looks like it would fit a Boo doll well. :)

Anyway, can't wait to see what everyone else is doing!:yarn

here are the clothes I have made so far for my DGD 18 " doll and a bag to carry them in. I free handed them and hope to get the pattern written up at some point

first the bag

IMG_1085_edited.jpg

and a dress to match..with a crocheted flower trim

IMG_1084_edited.jpg

an Easter dress

IMG_1081_edited.jpg

and a jumper and capelet to match

IMG_1082_edited.jpg

Leslie,

I haven't been able to find any free AG poncho crochet patterns online, just knit ones. I did find a small pattern book by Bernat called Best friends that has one in it. It is very similar to one I made out of grannies.

http://www.bernat.com/patternbook.php?PBS=530112%20

this link can give you a much better visual than I can explain. I think it takes 20 2.5 inch grannies if you want to get it started, then you can order the book if you can't find it locally. It is listed several times on google if you search bernat best friends book. The one I made had grannies about twice the size and the same layout but with only 4 squares. One on point for the front and one for the back, and then one to connect each shoulder.

I wish I could find a pic of it as I gave it away as a gift and no longer have it. Maybe this is a good time to make another one. Good luck & have fun visiting!

Lady of Shalott,

I saw that book this morning and thought of your doll, too. That is so funny! I saw a few more that made me think of your doll in the CPC doll section. http://www.crochetpatterncentral.com/directory/dolls_clothes.php

They are the ones that the names start with doll...

Mostly from Christinas CrochetHaven. It is a 13" mattel doll, I think she said smowhere, but really cute. I bet you could modify Darski's nightie also for Boo, too? We are going to have to send our girl Darski a million thanks and photos of what we are concocting from her brilliance!

I also saw the bassinet doll book at AA this morning and think that is what I am going to do when the big doll wardrobe and accessories are done. I bought a tiny 6" baby doll at W*mart for like a buck a while ago and it has been in the back of my mind as a babysitting set for the AG doll. So now like you I have found another book I have just got to have, oh well.

The poncho I'm working on for Scout would probably fit an AG doll as well. I'll post the pattern for it with the finished one tonight. (I'm working on it at lunch today...) I had designed a granny poncho yesterday using 6 3" squares, 3 in a 'V' for each side. I still plan on trying it to see if my idea works or not.

here are the clothes I have made so far for my DGD 18 " doll and a bag to carry them in

Very cool! I really like the easter dress. I also like the capelet. Where did you find that pattern or did you make it up yourself? I think I have a girlbear who might look good in it. The colors you used are all great!

Angelfire, thanks for sharing, those are great. what fun for your DGD.

Creativity, thanks so funny you saw them too. haha. I thought about that Bassinet book too... that would be great for any little girl. Anyway, one thing at a time. I did find those same patterns for a 13" doll, but I didn't print any of them out yet. We are like on the same page here. haha :lol

I guess I'll have to buy a few more skeins of yarn... since I'm running out of left over yarn combinations. You can only use so much blue. :yarn

Lady of Shalott,

Please share what you are going to do with all the blue in your stash. I am staring at my stash right now which has about 3 lbs of ww light blue, another 3 lbs of off white, and a couple pounds each of 3 variegatd yarns, jewel tones, ocean blues, and of course the white, baby blue, and pink variegated one. And also a few assorted skeins like hunter green, tan, yellow, navy, mint. These are all what I call my homeless stashes. Bought them for a certain project and for whatever reason that project didn't happen. Some I have evenhad for several years. And that is just the red heart type stuff. Got any ideas?

Ok. Here's Scout's new poncho.

405138361_16b30878e5_m.jpg

And here is the one that I made myself earlier this year out of the same yarn. It was using a different pattern and the same yarn, but the look is simmilar.

405138385_623a129b9e_m.jpg

I think that Scout's poncho would fit an AG size doll just as well, or even better than it fits her. If anyone wants, I can post the pattern. It used just over 1oz of Bernat Denim. I would suggest making it one repeat wider if you use something like Caron SS, as the test swatch I made used SS and was significantly narower.

Enjoy!

Archived