STASH BUSTING crochet-along GAME!! ****CLOSED FOR 2007 ****

Krystal16

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This sounds like a fun idea.

Does skein mean any full package of yarn from the store regardless of size? Like using up a 7 oz skein of Red Heart Super Saver = using up a Caron 1 pounder = using up a 3.5 oz ball of Bernat Satin, etc?

Lady, a skein is a skein is a skein is a skein.... size doesn't matter, because the world is about money! And the smaller the skein, the more it seems to cost! LOL! So, while it may be faster to use, that smaller skein is freeing up more of your spent money that's in limbo!

If I were a ref.... I would force offenders to walk through their LYS with their favorite yarn on clearance and not give them any money! :rofl talk about torture!

I'm definitely in! I have a not-using-old-yarn, buying-new-yarn addiction :P Wee!! I'm currently working on an amigurumi octopus with old yarn though, so I'll get one point when I'm done, correct? Since I've already used some of it before this project, but I didn't use a lot of it...so yea, one point, I'm guessing?

I'm bent on destroying some yarn balls, while working with some rug yarn that i thought was a just a plain old ball of red, suddenly i was at the end hmm i thought this ball was bigger, i look at the floor and there is most of it! This is a ball of many ends grrr more to weave in!! at least my rug yarn stash will be getting smaller yay!

so what happens when you finish a ball ..:yay but then you :frog it all :wlol

I am just laughing because I am testdriving a hat pattern and it will likely head to the pond:help

Life is never boring when you have yarn

Aussi - Have you seen the Yo Yo CaL Lately LOL My Yo yo making skills are weak compared to theirs and I started the dang thing lol I've been slacking due to the comfy ghan trying to get that done and shipped out by monday after then i'll be in yarn heaven again lol

Ooooo, I wanna play!! Does the scoring start when we join? I've got 2 HUGE stash-busting projects going.....my stripey afghan and my daisy afghan (I love your pattern Krystal!!) I will add my score to my signature now!!:clap

I'd like to join your game! I have tons of yarn to use up. I have officially run out of room for any new yarn after buying 16 skeins of the mainstay yesterday, lol.

Definately in on this one. I was keeping score in my sig anyway of how many skeins I used this year. But I'll start today with this game. Thanks Krystal for a great idea.

Well, I am doing a lot of chrochet for charity and gifts right now, so count me in. Now I really can't wait till the february charity square along, I'll get all kinds of points that day! :lol so lemme get to edit my siggy, and count me in!

Welcome to all of you ladies! This is such great fun! A CAL with NO EXTRA work to do! LOL!

I might finish off a Caron One-pounder today that I started YESTERDAY (Assembling my daisy squares)! Plus i have to make a few squares for it, so there will be a few balls in the "bye bye" category!

Anyone want to post pics of their projects, or links to their projects?

If you already have a post on C'Ville with a pic, you can just add the link to that posting. In the top right hand corner of your post, there is a number in the dark blue header line. RIGHT click on that and then click "copy". When you post HERE, just right click again and then click "paste". That will put the link of your post where your picture is right in this post. Confusing, I know... but.....

I am working on my daisy charity afghan, which most of you are familiar with. I have about 3 other afghans actively going at the moment, too.

Does anyone know about how many washcloths you can get out of a 1pound cone of cotton?

I'm in! This is awesome. We're getting ready to move and have started cleaning out. Everywhere I look I find yarn. (I'd forgotten about a bunch of it). So I've vowed not to buy any yarn until we move. Then I get to start all over :D . (I have made an exception for the CGOA conference, but hopefully we'll have moved by then.)

Ooh!! Ooh!! I'm definitely in!! And this is one CAL that dh is definitely going to like!! (I'll be getting rid of more stuff!! [i'm a bit of a pack rat! :blush]) Good thing I already bought the yarn necessary for my bff's baby blanket on Friday!! Not only that, but it's FINALLY snowing like crazy, and I've got a bad cold so I'm not going to church...Great way to start on some prayer shawls, eh?

Ok, I am SO in! I already promised myself in December I wouldn't buy anymore yarn until I used up quite a bit of stash, so this is motivation!

WOO HOO

Maybe this will get my mojo going!

Archived