Krystal16

STASH BUSTING crochet-along GAME!! ****CLOSED FOR 2007 ****

NOW you ladies are getting it!!!!

I thought at one point it would be funny if we kept track of points each month and the losers would each have to send the winner a skein or ball of yarn! LOL! Then the winner would lose MEGA points.. But then, that wouldn't be fair, would it? :devil

My stashbusting afghan is about 36"x24" now, and it's using up yarn like crazy! It's 3 strands all at once, and a P hook - not unmanageable at all! I think I've figured out a way to make it into squares (better for scraps) AND a rectangular granny-style, too. If I can figure it out, I'll post a pattern when I get the thing done. :D

I was also thinking that we'd keep track of scores for each week, and then keep a YTD (year to date) number as well. I don't want to discourage new people from starting if everyone's numbers get high!

th_scrapbrown.jpg

Here's the picture! (Clickable)

is there anybody willing to share to a poor girl from the middle east who barely finds any good yarns and threads here.:( for their stashbusting?? :lol

1 skein = 2 pts :devil

nah... ill join in when i have the so called "stash" :c9

Krystal, that is turning out GORGEOUS!

Is it really heavy?

too funny, Ria, I was just going to post about the same thing! lol I love this idea, but don't have a much of a stash right now (not enough that I feel the need to reduce, anyway :)) But if anyone wants to get rid of some....:)

have fun, you guys! I'll be cheering you on from the sidelines!

I like it Krystal! I'm super close to using up a pale blue skein and a dark blue skein while I work on slippers for charity! I'll try to post a picture at some point.

KnicKnac - it's not heavy where it's like a weight on you, just instantly warm. It's loosely crocheted, so floppy, not stiff. I've written out a pattern for squares, rows and concentric rounds. I'll post when I have the whole thing done. I hope to be able to mail it tomorrow, as it's for someone who's infirm and COLD, so I want them to be warm ASAP!

I am trying to remember the last time I finished a skein.

I think it was some time last year but it so rarely happens. I am trying to imagine not have to make a ball .

Even dishcloths don't finish a skein... boy, I think I will never get out of the hole on this one.

Okay, I finally got some points yesterday and today, but only because I used up the yarn I bought on Saturday. I had to make a pink fun fur scarf and hat for a custom order. It is "supposed" to go with a red coat, but girls, I'm telling you, it is going to be horrible. Even now that I'm done with it, my mom finally broke down to tell me she doesn't think the lady will like it. Why wait until I'm done to tell me? :bang I really wasn't in the heart to do it because I knew it wouldn't look good anyway. Now I'm worried the lady will complain. Worst yet, she's my mom's friend and mom wants me to give the lady the option not to pay if she doesn't like it. :rant I've got other projects I NEED to finish that I put aside for this. I'm not a fun fur wearing gal, so I sure don't want to get stuck with this thing. Best of all, the woman has been extremely picky about the whole thing. Doing this for nothing wasn't worth putting up with her. Hopefully this worry is for nothing and she'll like it, but I don't think the final result is the color she had in mind.

Sorry, just had to get that out. But that's what I've been doing this weekend. On the bright side, at least the project got me some points!

I have a question - do we get points for yarn that we sell or give away to others? I'm getting ready to put some yarn for sale on Ebay and was wondering if this will count for positive points. :think

Sure, start this now after I just finished up destashing abuot 10 skeins on Red Scarf project scarves and with my mother visiting for the holidays and using up my stash, too. :P I think I'll have to look at the stash and see if there's stuff I can do with it. I know there are some propjects that need finishing--would that count? :lol Patty

I finished a skein last night. It was lion brand baby soft. I am a bit miffed, I am making the baby sweater and bonnet from the pattern on the wrapper. It says that I can do both the sweater and bonnet with 1 skein. My gauge must be different because I still need 1 sleeve, the whole bonnet and yarn to sew with too!!! So, now I have to buy another skein. :angry

But I am still marking down 2 points until I buy the skein. I guess I will just have to make some booties and hats for other babies I know.

Oh i should definitly join this one. So far this year i've used 6 whole skeins, ive made 3 skeins into balls, and ive bought 7 skeins lol.

That gives me 1 point LOL

What about all the yarn im going to give away this month? Can i get points for disposing of it that way?

I am close to finishing a skein. But I am sure to loose points tomorrow since I am shopping and have coupons!!!! Oh well we are all hopeless!!

:D If the little skeins of fun fur count; here's 6 pts!!

th_100_0888.jpg

th_100_0887.jpg

They click!!

Here's our favorite for now!!! Didn't use much yarn though!!!

th_100_0885.jpg

Can I also post these on the scarf CAL???

I think I can join in here...with all the projects I need to finsih I should be able to bust my stash again. I di it last year giving it to my daughter to make squares so what if I have two totes full agin...every thing counts right?

Here is what I am working on to "de-stash." 2 points so far but hopefully I will be able to rack up more points as I get further along.

th_DCP_0002.jpg

I'm in, I plan to bust my stash this year! Can't wait to get it all gone so I can buy stuff as I go! Off to update my signature!

This sounds like so much fun! I am in!

ok i got a question if i gift some of my stash away does that count because i gave sewnsew a box today and still no dent lol hubby is like i thought you got rid of some

Well I used up a half a skein this weekend and will use a few more skeins this week. I don't have much of a stash but I think it would be neat to see if I can stay at 1 or 2 points to the good to keep me from getting too much yarn lol.

WOO I am so in! This sounds like Oodles of fun!

I can't count what I used yesterday, can I? If I can I'd already be up 1 point! (yeah I know that's a lot :blush:lol)

woooooohoooooooooo went back and read and ill have to tell you i didnt realize that i would get destashing points for gifting to them so sewnsew (donna) says she will be happy to help yall destash too i gave her 25 balls and 5 skeins so im excited but im also going yarn shopping next monday so it will even out in the long run lol

I used up 5 skeins today:cheer:clap I thought I was going to need more for Gavin's vest but I had literally JUST enough :yay

Heres a picture of it...

january053.jpg

I still need to get a picture of him modeling it ... when I do I will post it in the Show and Tell forum... The colors are a little off still too. It's a little long on him but he seems to like it :)