Krystal16

STASH BUSTING crochet-along GAME!! ****CLOSED FOR 2007 ****

Hey, can I play too?? I have SO much yarn here that DH says I hafta move out if I don't do sumthin with it! :eek:blush

BUT, I DO have ideas for it all! :laughroll

(SO much = about 350 lbs when ya add it up!) :devil

OK, I have a question. When you use up your stash, and I mean really use it up, as in no more yarn in your house (i know this is theoretical, :lol) do you lose points for buying more at that point??

Hubby and I have an agreement now, I can put $10 away every week toward yarn while I'm busting my stash, so I will have the money to replenish it a bit when it's all gone!! :yay

Ada - I think at the point that your stash is completely gone, the clouds separate, the sun's rays shine down on you and a chorus streams fro mthe heavens to sing for your success! :rofl

Yep, we all know what a miracle that would be! :yes

At that point, I think you'd have SO MANY points that it wouldn't really matter! LOL!

I will play ....... good thing I bought yarn yesterday :lol, although I may need to buy some more yarn from Knitpicks to finish the Vest I'm working on for my son. So if its yarn we NEED to finish something does it count against us? either way I'm in. I really need to cut back on buying yarn.

I wanta play!

Include me too...:manyheart

I wanta play.....:hug

I just finished a skein

Kelly

I'm thinking that I will never get anywhere because I buy huge skeins and make little things with them :sigh

Still and all it should be interesting.

OK!!! I want/NEED to play!!!

Sounds like fun!!!

Do the scarves I made last week count??? :lol

So if its yarn we NEED to finish something does it count against us? either way I'm in. I really need to cut back on buying yarn.

Good question. I was wondering the same thing:think

Its about using the yarn you have and gaining points but if you need more yarn for a project and have to buy it then you lose points.

Im glad this didnt start the other week when I received a raok from a generous person who sent me 8 skeins of yarn. Boy would I have been in the red. I would have had to crochet my hand off to finish some skeins to get my score back into the black.

YES!! ALL yarn counts!

(Because we all "need" that yarn when we're standing in the store, then change our minds, get a different color, etc... That's how our stash GOT there in the first place!) :rofl

hahaha thats just great I am going shopping tuesday. I hope I can be strong but who am I kidding!!!!

Oooh, this sounds like fun. Count me in.

I'm just glad this started after the Ebay purchase of 35 skeins arrived last week :devil

I just HAD to start a stash-busting afghan! LOL! I am making a neutral/tan/brown wheelchair afghan that uses 3 strands and a P hook. I'm racking up points faster than a sailor on the "Price is Right" show!

:D

oh man this is a great idea im up to 4 points and my hubby goes *** are you getting rid of stash stuff for real lol im working my hooks he actually told his mom im a hooker today roflol

I can't BELIEVE how fast this afghan is going, as well as how much yarn I'm actually getting rid of! I see more of this type of afghan in my future! LOL! I'll post a pic tomorrow - it's too dark right now for it to come out good.

I just HAD to start a stash-busting afghan! LOL! I am making a neutral/tan/brown wheelchair afghan that uses 3 strands and a P hook. I'm racking up points faster than a sailor on the "Price is Right" show!

:D

ooo 3 strands is that tricky to do???

are you using 3 different colours at the same time ??

carnt wait to see a picture :photo

I want to play. My New Year's resolution was to use up alot of my stash to just make it manageable again. I started on a baby round ripple with some yarn that I found in my stash (yarn I forgot I had...LOL).

Can't wait to see what everyone makes with this CAL..

Can I play? I've got heaps of stash being used up on the ripple I'm working on. :yes

And I'm also making a thread doily which is using some stash thread....

This is good! I'll be able to track what I've used.:clap

Im glad this didnt start the other week when I received a raok from a generous person who sent me 8 skeins of yarn. Boy would I have been in the red. I would have had to crochet my hand off to finish some skeins to get my score back into the black.

YES!! ALL yarn counts!

(Because we all "need" that yarn when we're standing in the store, then change our minds, get a different color, etc... That's how our stash GOT there in the first place!) :rofl

Ok, if we get RAOK'd yarn it counts as points taken away??? Even if we didn't buy any of it? Oh my, I am involved in mega swaps, how will I ever get ahead???

hehe KnicKnac yes thats correct. Whatever yarn you receive whether its a gift or you bought it you lose points.

Well I have spent all weekend doing these darn squares and havent really busted any yarn.

I see a few of you are already into double figures. Dont you girls need to buy yarn.:devil

:lol

It's got me wishing I wont be gifted yarn! That just doesn't COMPUTE! hehe

Ok, Ok, I get it ... ALL yarn counts.