Amanda's hat

emeraldmoon

I know its not crochet. But I had to show you all what my 7 yr old made.. I had bought her the knitting loom kits and she started on this hat yesterday. She finished it today after school.. She is so proud that she got to make a hat.. I took her to the store today and she picked out so more yarn to make more hats.. She is planning on making one for her sisters 17th bday next week. Also she picked out yarn to make the hats for the homeless..

100_3279.jpg

I am proud :) .. she still wants to pick up the hook to learn too.. And now a friend of hers came over today and asked if I would teach her.. Also some of her other friends at school. I will probably start a class here at my house to teach the girls to crochet as well as using the knitting loom..

Great job Amanda!!! Way to go girl!!!

:cheer2 :cheer 2:cheer2 :cheer 2:cheer2 :cheer 2:cheer2 :cheer 2

Cathey,

I taught my daughter to sew when she was six. She made two things (very well made) and hasn't touched a machine since (she is 20 now). I taught my 18 to crochet last summer and now she does it better than me.:ducky

My mom had bought me one of those knit machines that you crank when I was like 8 yrs old..I loved it.. And than she taught me to crochet at the same age.. I did a little but didnt get back into it till I was pregnant with my oldest who is almost 20.. I started to sew at 13 and I had designed a skirt and sweater and won first place in the fair at our hometown.. My mom still has that somewhere packed away..

I dont sew too much anymore( really need too though) My whole family is very crafty and we have always designed our own stuff and work hard at what we do..My dad does metal art, woodwork etc. My brother does woodwork. My grandfather who is passed away did beautiful woodwork. My aunts design their own clothes. They dont buy clothes in the store.My one aunt makes and designs jewlery.My oldest has taken the art part from me, my oldest daughter has no desire right now(because friends are more important) So I was glad to see that my 7yr old was so eager to learn now.. My husbands family is not crafty at all. And a matter of fact they hate homemade things.. SO maybe they will change when she makes them things..

• 2 weeks later...

What an adorable hat and even more adorable little girl!!! It is so great to see her want to do something for others. A real gift from the heart. Tell her to keep up the good work, she is a special little girl.

LI Roe

Bless her heart! The hat she makes for her sister will be the BEST gift ever!

The hat, and the model are both very beautiful! I love the colors on the hat and those melting eyes that are modeling it!

She did a great job, and you have done a great job as a mommy too!

Heather

Archived