Teddy bear-a-long

mysonsmommy

Hello all, I am new and I have been lurking on the crochet a long pages for awhile now, when I finally got up the nerve to start one of my own. How about a teddy bear. I always start stuff and rarely finish, but I wanted something to be able to give my son and my nephew for their birthdays (in sept and oct) so I have a while, and I was wondering if anyone wanted to join me and help me along. A few patterns to take a look at are

http://www.google.com/search?q=cache:4XsyA7PtGxAJ:www.dmc-usa.com/mjRS/1/doc/US_freedesigns/crochetteddybear.pdf+crochet+teddy+bear&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=3&client=opera

http://www.allfreecrafts.com/crochet/teddy-bear.shtml

Also, if you dont have anyone in your life that would like a teddy...you could always donate one.

http://www.fortunecity.com/millenium/lassie/322/croched.htm

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been wanting to make a teddy bear for awhile too. I like the second one you posted. I'll try to get it started sometime this week. I really shouldn't start another project but how long could a teddy bear take right?!;)

Funny you should want to do a teddy bear CAL. I just finished a bear from my own pattern. I was cleaning up and found alot of brown yarns. I've made bears before, but hadn't done any for awhile. Since I was between projects, I thought I should use up some stash (new years resolution # 1). I think I could donate one or two.

Ellie 13

I've got to finish 2 blankies and my mom's vest, and then I can pay attention to little bears. I can always use another bear around the house.... If this is still going in a month or two, I'll join in.

I'm with Addey; if this is still going in a couple months I'll join in too. I found a cute pattern in the crochet a day calendar for a secret keeper bear. I would love to make a few of them. But right now I have alot I'm working on.

Thanks Darski for the pattern. I made the thread bear today with worsted weight yarn and a G size hook. He's adorable and about 7" tall. He works up really easy, the arms, legs and head are moveable the way the pattern is written, and he's cute as a button. I haven't gotten to the point of posting pics yet. When I get that together I will post pics...

He really is cute isn't he. I made two of them at one time or another and the yarn made a big difference. One is about 7.5 inches and the other was about 6.5 inches but both were really cute. they sit so nicely don't they?

Glad you enjoyed the pattern

I think I might join this if I can find an easy enough pattern, never made a crocheted toy before.

Can anyone recommend an easy pattern?

I'm with Addey; if this is still going in a couple months I'll join in too. I found a cute pattern in the crochet a day calendar for a secret keeper bear. I would love to make a few of them. But right now I have alot I'm working on.

Donna, what's a secret keeper bear?

Take Care!

Carmela

Hello everyone,

the pattern darski posted, is the one I use most for my teddies. I love it and Edith Molina, who designed Monique, is a very friendly person, I mailed a few times with her.:)

This will be my first crochet-along!:clap What do I have to do now? Crochet a teddy ans show you the picture, right? Sorry for asking....:blush

Carmela, I can't seem to find it online anywhere. I'm sorry I couldn't help you with it.

No problem Donna. I just wanted to know what a secret keeper bear was, I've never heard of or saw them before.

Thanks for looking though! :D

I believe that a secret keeper bear is one that has a little slit or opening where you can stash stuff or notes and such. I saw it somewhere - maybe epattern central or something like that.

I just made a teddy bear for my son for christmas, if i can find the website i found the pattern on i will post it. Maybe i'll make another if this is still going in a couple months. I've got too many things to crochet right now.

I also love the pattern darski has posted and I'm gonna be making that one. I was waiting for more people to join in before I started, and now that I have that I will be starting. I will be making it in Caron simply soft WW 4 ply and I'll be using a G hook.One question though...do you have to use a smaller hook for the muzzle...if so then maybe ill start bigger cause F is the smallest I have. Please post pictures as you go, and I will be posting daily update including pics in my blog, (at the bottom of my signature). Happy crocheting ladies.....and thank you.

P.S. i was thinking that maybe if these work up fast enough maybe we can make one for us and one for any charity of your choice. Every kid could use a teddy. TTFN

I started the Monique Bear tonight. Whew. That's going to be an interesting adventure joining it together. I've got the head, body and one leg done. It's so tiny!!!

I should try it in WW yarn, too. I am determined to do it in this thread, though. :)

I also started my teddy.

I used the monique-pattern, but changed it al little bit and made head and body in one piece. Further I made the muzzle and one arm. The rest will follow today in the evening.:)

I made some of these teddy before, they are in my www.kreativkatze-elke.magix.net you can find it in the categorie "Häkelbären", thats the german word for crochet bears.:hook

Its really funny to know, that some people are working on a teddy at the same time, I do!:clap:clap

Hmmm.... This might be the CAL I just cannot resist! :c9 I love teddy bears. Has anyone seen any of the Teddy Bears at CPC? There's a whole page of them! :yes Was that bear you were talking about the Pamela Bear, sewnsew? (From the 2007 CPAD calendar?) Or was it the 2006? It's on that page, anyway...

Here are a couple of bears I have done in years past. (I've done some more since then.) But these are the ones we still have (I gave the other ones away as gifts.)

th_Picture1383.jpg

(Clickable pictures...)

This one (I made two, for our two older boys when I was going into the hospital to have their youngest brother. To cuddle while I would be in the hospital for a while...) (C-section, planned...) It's pretty ratty looking, but he still loves it. If I was to make another one (or anyone else planning to...) I would crochet a little tighter next time. So all the stuffing doesn't come out... I found the pattern for this one online and I cannot find the one I printed out but I'll keep looking. It was called 'Grandma's Scrappy Bear' or something...

th_Picture1385.jpg

This one I think I threw the pattern out because I hated it so much while I was doing it. I wish I hadn't now, that I'm a little more patient with my crocheting... But I do remember thinking "I can't wait until this thing is done"... This one is older than the 'scrappy' one, and look how well it has held up!

th_Picture1386.jpg

Tina

No that wasn't the bear. He is in the 2007 cpad. It's the August 25 & 26 page. The designer is Flora Loobey. I think I'm going to try to make him up tomorrow and I'll post a picture then. I'm having a hard time resisting this CAL. lol

Archived