Teddy bear-a-long

mysonsmommy

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh!! The icebear is so cute. I love teddy's and have a shelf in my loungeroom with a number of them sitting on it, but I have never made a crocheted one - I wonder why??

My nephew loves polar bears - he is worried about where they will all go with global warming and has a number of books on them - maybe I should make him his own to cuddle and keep safe.

• 2 weeks later...

I just finished my very first Teddy Bear! I've been lurking here for a while and love all of the bears that have been posted so far! It has inspired me to give it a try too. I used the bear pattern from Bev's site, but changed the yarn colors as I went along so that it would look like the bear was wearing a sweater and jeans! I'm giving it as a gift to my friend Mary who asked me if I could try to crochet a bear for her. So in honor of my friend, I've named this bear "Mary Beary"! I hope she likes it!

TeddyBear1.jpg

I just bought PlanetJune's pink fuzzy bear pattern and started the bear. I am using yellow Bernat Baby Lash yarn and the first couple rounds it was tough to see, but now I'm doing ok. I am only on round 10 of the head, but I just started it half an hour ago. It is for my 3 yr old niece for Christmas, along with a red knitted dress. Then I will make one for my daughter.

The best part is that I had just gone to AC Moore and bought 3 yellows and 3 blues on sale for $1.50 each!!!! along with some other yarn on sale too.

I now have all the pieces made..... head, body, two ears, two arms, and two legs. I was busy today! Tomorrow I have to go out to get some fiberfill and eyes so I can put the bear together. This was such a quick project and one Christmas gift done! I'll post pics when I can.

I don't know how I missed this thread..:think . I love all these teddy bears . I have made a couple myself...But they have gone to new homes already...If it's ok with you guys ...I would like to join...I guess this c/a is still going. This is one of the few I had mad..I think she is now with a sweet little girl in Wisconson.

th_Withbow.jpg

I don't know how I missed this thread..:think . I love all these teddy bears . I have made a couple myself...But they have gone to new homes already...If it's ok with you guys ...I would like to join...I guess this c/a is still going. This is one of the few I had mad..I think she is now with a sweet little girl in Wisconson.

th_Withbow.jpg

She's very pretty. What pattern did you use?

She's very pretty. What pattern did you use?

Thank you.....The pattern is called Play With Me Bear and its from the book Caring and Sharing. I just might use that same pattern again it being easy to do.

Thank you.....The pattern is called Play With Me Bear and its from the book Caring and Sharing. I just might use that same pattern again it being easy to do.

Well, if you want, :blush you could make me :devil one. :D:yes

Hey...theres no problem with me...You send me your addy and I will send you one ! :yes Honest !

It's nice of you to offer. I really appreciate it. :yes I just love to see what others have made. :)

Hey coool......now there is life again in this cal...great!!:clap:clap:clap

JenB your teddy is very cute. Great idea, to make him look like he´s wearing jeans and a sweater!!:)

Irikel your teddy is a real cutie too, I like the clothings!:)

I made one more for my mother.

Including his ears he is 9cm tall.:D

xz24f4yy.jpg

(click)URL%5D

Hi everyone...well, here is my teddy bear. I'm not too happy with the results:no but...he's already made so I figured I'd post it and try another one..I felt guilty about not wanting to post it but...its not his fault..poor thing...so..here he is...maybe I should have made the pants another color.:think

th_TeddyBear2.jpg th_TeddyBear.jpg

clickable

Hi everyone...well, here is my teddy bear. I'm not too happy with the results:no but...he's already made so I figured I'd post it and try another one..I felt guilty about not wanting to post it but...its not his fault..poor thing...so..here he is...maybe I should have made the pants another color.:think

th_TeddyBear2.jpg th_TeddyBear.jpg

clickable

What's not to like?! He's adorable!!

I am still finishing my two bears I started. I had all the pieces made for both of them the first day, but I had a hard time getting out to get pantyhose to hold the fiberfill. But I finally got some yesterday so will be stuffing and putting them together shortly. I also started KristieMNs caterpillar so am doing that as well.

I love the other bears you posted, they are very cute!!!

I've decided to make a different bear. I won a booklet on Ebay, "One-Skein Bazaar. It's got a really neat bear in it that I started this morning. I'm working on the head right now.

:) Hi everyone....:waving Well I started another bear and Im almost done ...well actually I am done ...Im just finishing off the leg cuffs and that'll be it so Im guessing I will be posting it between this afternoon and tonight.Can't wait to see you guys pics..Have a nice day.:hook.Well since there wasnt any new post after I put this one up...I decided to repost right here ....here is my new teddy.

th_BlueTeddy2.jpg th_BLUETEDDY.jpg

:) Hi everyone....:waving Well I started another bear and Im almost done ...well actually I am done ...Im just finishing off the leg cuffs and that'll be it so Im guessing I will be posting it between this afternoon and tonight.Can't wait to see you guys pics..Have a nice day.:hook.Well since there wasnt any new post after I put this one up...I decided to repost right here ....here is my new teddy.

th_BlueTeddy2.jpg th_BLUETEDDY.jpg

He's cute. :yes:manyheart

Well Ladies I sure hope that this CAL stays opened for a while cause as soon as I get my patterns unpacked i want to crochet a bear or two small ones of course but yes i want to join...

I will let you all know when i get ready to start.

I actually just started another stripey bear last night, I came here to see if there was a link to the pattern I used. I'm glad this CAL is still going!

Olga your bear is so cute! :clap

Tina

I finished up another stripey bear last night. :clap I really like this one. I am going to have a hard time giving her away.

th_SUNP0005-5.jpg

Here she is with Rupert (one of the other stripey bears I did- he is our five year olds bear):

th_SUNP0003-9.jpg

Both pictures should be clickable. I am sorry the lighting is not good, ever since I got this new camera.... I can't take any good pictures with it! :rant

:hook

Tina

oh I love your stripey bears!!! I have some pastel scraps from a lot of baby items so I may just have to make one of those if I can ever finish the two bears I started!!!!

I sewed together the head, body, arms, legs, and ears but now can't find the piece I made for the tail!!!! Now I also have to figure out what to do for eyes. I may use black yarn as I don't have any googly eyes with shanks on them. The bear is for my 3 yr old niece but she has a 3 month old brother so I don't want anything that could come off just in case.

I completed the head for my bear and now I'm working on the body of it. I really like this one because it has texture. Instead of it being flat with only double crochets it has FPDCs in straight lines up the head and down the body. I'll post a pic when it's done.

Archived