Teddy bear-a-long

mysonsmommy

I love the bear rugs! they are so cute! I think I need one to put on top of my computer screen.

I started a winnie the pooh the other day. I have the ears and muzzle made and am started on the arm. This is the second on I've made and I know from the last one that it will be nice to have some support for this one. I didn't realize there were so many free crochet bear patterns out there.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here's the mini bear rug I made. I'm not very good at putting faces on. I thought I did a pretty good job on the eyes until I sewed the head on and realized they made him look like...well, a dead bear rug:think I hope hubby likes it anyways!!

LOL! :lol

I haven't gotten around to making any bears yet. . . :oops hope to remedy that soon, I just have so many other things going on.

I made a teddy bear for my great nephew a couple of years ago. I didn't like it in yarn alone. Just a suggestion, but after you have finished the bear, try getting the fur decor yarn and putting the fur yarn in with slip knots. Then trim to the same length all over. I matched colors to the muzzle, head, body, arms, legs, feet, ears. The bear was furry and soft afterwards, aand she still has the bear for him to play with. Just an suggestion if anyone would like to try it. I may do this again, the bear I made was rather quick and easy, it was adding the fur that took long.

Here's another one I just finished tonight. :hook

th_Picture1413.jpg

(clickable.)

It's 'Pat's Teddy Bear' from the 2006 CPAD Calendar. In 'Lt. Raspberry' by Red Heart. I think I'm going to give this one to a little girl of my friend. :manyheart

Tina

It was in the 2006 Crochet-Pattern-A-Day Calendar. There wasn't any website or anything on that page. Sorry. But, it is very similar to the 'Grandma's Scrappy Bear' pattern. If you were to just do that pattern all in one color, it would come out quite similar. :hook It's at Bev's Country Cottage. Scroll down to the bottom of the page, and it's called 'Grandma's Scrappy Bear'. There isn't any picture of it, but you can see the one(s) I made here. :D Hope that helps hon.

aww shes sweet :D. was that a free pattern?

I took a picture of the two bears next to each other so you can see- they are almost exactly the same size. If you stuffed a little more it might actually get to be the same size...

th_Picture1414.jpg

(Clickable.)

Tina

I just love everyone's bears. The little one and the stripy one's too. I got inspired to make this Monique bear yesterday. I used some left over Opera #10 cotton in pink and no7 steel hook.

378021514_5fc07c3b72_m.jpg

My amineko holding the bear and a close up below:

378021532_111b5acdc3_m.jpg

Thanks for looking:)

• 2 weeks later...

I think I am going to join this CAL and make the pattern Darci posted. The little bear is so cute! This is a small project I am hoping I will be able to finish it before my yarn order comes in (it's due to be delivered on the 26th). Then I will be making my first sweater maybe!

• 3 weeks later...

As far as I know its not closed. I am still working on my teddy bear also. I have pooh's arms, legs, and nose done. I'm currently working on his body.

I think you guys have just revitalized this thread! I posted a while back that I would start but the thread has been kind of dead since then so I concentrated on my other projects - but if you guys are in I'll re-join!

Hi, have been asked to make a bear for my sister's boyfriend, so will join in here to give me a bit of motivation. Will post some pictures once I figure out how to do it.

I think I am joining this teddybear-along again to make another bear. When I made this one http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=5319258 . I started out with a pattern but I was afraid I would not have enough yarn so I frogged it and made my own pattern while looking at the picture for ideas. I think I am gonna do that again. I have some boucle yarn that is dark blue and think it would be cute as a bear.

Well I have run ino a snag. This boucle yarn is hard to see the stitches...i can't distinguish between the loops. Any suggestions??

Archived