Teddy bear-a-long

mysonsmommy

Well I can't find that Grandma's Scrappy Bear pattern. It's on the Stargazer site, but when I click on it, it goes to Denisecrochets and it isn't anything... grrr... I'll keep looking to see if I can find the pattern I printed out and the direct link maybe...

I'll have to see what bear it is you are talking about, Donna. I have the 2007 calendar too...

Tina

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have tried since the beginning of this thread to resist........:P Darski's pattern got me!

I have a whole box of thread that was gifted to me a while back, so I'm going to give this one a try. There is a really nice chocolate brown that I can't wait to turn into a sweet little fellow to keep me company at my desk! :manyheart

Yes!! That is it. I tried Martha (Stargazer site), and a couple of other links to it... I was thinking I would have to try that 'Way back machine'. I have a copy printed out, but I was just trying to post it here in case anyone else wanted to make one...

Cool! Thanks, woolcat! :hug

I started one of these last night for our four year old (he never got one... although he has about twenty other bears...) I am crocheting it tighter this time and it looks good! I don't know what I did with the other two....

I'll post some progress later.

Tina

Oh, the 'Secret Keeper' bear? That's a neat idea. I suppose you could turn any bear into a 'secret keeper', if you just didn't put a mouth on him, eh? :)

No that wasn't the bear. He is in the 2007 cpad. It's the August 25 & 26 page. The designer is Flora Loobey. I think I'm going to try to make him up tomorrow and I'll post a picture then. I'm having a hard time resisting this CAL. lol

Here is my progress so far:

th_Picture1387.jpg

(Clickable)

I showed our son this morning and he said 'It looks like a snowman'.

Here it is next to the first one I made:

th_Picture1388.jpg

I think it will look a lot different than the first one I did.

Tina

Oh, the 'Secret Keeper' bear? That's a neat idea. I suppose you could turn any bear into a 'secret keeper', if you just didn't put a mouth on him, eh? :)

I showed our son this morning and he said 'It looks like a snowman'.

Here it is next to the first one I made:

th_Picture1388.jpg

I think it will look a lot different than the first one I did.

Tina

Cute and colorful, Tina :hook I'll follow-up on this thread to see yours and other teddies made.

I am thinking of making one too, when I find the pattern I have printed a few years back. The pattern is named Teddy the Gift giver.

I decided today is a crochet day for me. This morning I got up and looked at the mess in the kitchen and dining room (after cleaning it all day yesterday) :angry ... I am not doing anything today! Well technically I already did the dishes and two loads of laundry, so I can't say that, but... :soap

Here is my progress on my bear so far!

th_Picture1389.jpg

(Clickable)

All I have left is his legs and to finish embroidering his nose... :hook

Oh...I might have to jump in here in a month or so if it is still around. I have to finish a BICO and an afghan, but there is a bear-a-gan in the Crochet-a-day from last year that I really wantto try for a friend who is having a baby in July.

Will that count? It is only 3/4 a bear and then a blanket, but so adorable.

Nadine, I think I have seen your bears before. I can't wait to see what you come up with for the CAL. :hook

I finished my bear today. :yes (I meant it when I said today was a crochet day, eh...) :wink

th_Picture1400.jpg

(Clickable.)

Here is a close-up of his nose and his eye...

th_Picture1395.jpg

And, here he is next to the one I crocheted four and a half years ago...

th_Picture1393.jpg

Whew. I think I've gotten better at crocheting toys since then.:blush Look how loose and big my stitches were! And I'd been crocheting for 14 years then.... I think I wanted it to be a soft toy, and had no idea that crocheting loose like that would not work...

Well what do you think about giving this bear (not this one, but one like it) as a gift? Do you think it would go over okay? I had a friend tell me they look like something you would see in "Gap". But, I can also see it going the other way, like 'Geeee, thanks...' :blush Well I do know some people who would like one anyway.

I can't wait to see everyone else's bears! Oh, by the way a secret keeper bear is a bear with no mouth (he keeps all your secrets because he can't talk.) At least the one that Donna (sewnsew) is doing; in the 2007 CPAD Calender, is...

Tina

Aaaw!! I LOVE it! I seriously was thinking about making myself a green bear (with the pattern I made my son)! Yours is adorable! Does your daughter carry it around with her all the time now? (My son does, his.) :manyheart

Tina

Oh that Monique doll has been on my to do list for a while. I just might get to it.

I have a free pattern you can find here that you can use to make a bear, cat, rabbit and puppy. I've made the pattern with dk weight yarn which makes a bear about the size of my hand. Here you can see the gallery of animals that I made and others made when the pattern was tested.

Your bears are sooo cute!!:clap

I finished mine a few minutes ago and want to show it to you:

JJlgsqzk.jpg

(click)

Its a Spring-Teddy because I think these colors are Spring-colors.:) Its 17 cm tall from ear to toe.:D

My next one will be a blue one with a small blanket. A woman from the german crochet-club, where I am member, want to have two of these.:)

Oh Darski, now you've done it. I am in.

That's for sure! I wanted to make a teddy bear for a realative that recently got out of the hospital, she Loves teddy bears!!! :heart I guess I'll be making her two now, I love the thready teddy!:P I also like the first bear posted, mysonsmommy :yes

Count me in!

Thank you Tina!!:hug

I love the monique-pattern and I also love to use this variegated yarn ore thread!

This was a try to make a teddy-fairy:

9k9V7xK8.jpg

(click)

I crochet the wings with a silver thread and did the nose with this thread. Everyone thought, its an angel...:no . Thats my personal favorit of all teddys I made until now.:hook And I never give it away.:blush

(but please dont tell anybody, that I am over 30 years old:D )

I am way over 30, and I love teddy bears, too! :yes Is that your second one already woolcat? :eek I love that one, too. Is it the same pattern? (As the first one..) Is that the monique pattern, or no?

I did start another bear last night but I didn't like the yarn so then I started another one with really small weight yarn but this bear is going to be teeeny tiny if I keep with it. So I don't know. I need to find some better bear patterns....

Everyone's bears are looking so cute! :c9 Oh yeah, it would look good in the Baby Bee yarn. I have some of that I am making a koala with.

Tina

Tina the teddy-fairy is an older one.:)

I made more teddys in the past, you can see them in my album, I right now added the english titles for the categories. The blue teddy with the blanket is a pattern from Dina here from crochetville, you can find the pattern here:

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=31654

I just added the knitted blanket, it was a gauge and I dont wanted to throw it away.:D

The link to my album ist the one im my signature.;)

edit: the teddy-fairy is also the monique-pattern! :)

Woolcat, your bears are adorable. Wow you work fast. Great job on them both.

Tina,yes I put it in her bed last night and it's been with her since she woke up and saw her. She calls the bear *my keeper bear*. Definitely love at first site.

Thank you for the lovely comment Nutsaboutcrochet. My dd is very happy with her new teddy so that makes me happy. I really like how easy the pattern was to do also.

Oh I forgot about that one right here at Crochetville! Thanks for that link, woolcat! I love your bears.

Sewnsew how sweet! :c9 That's a sign that they love it. :manyheart

Tina

Archived