Starghan Crochet-Along * Finally edited * Correct Version in Blog *

yarndiva

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a great idea for a rug. Maybe with 2 strands of WW cotton and a K hook? Or even a J hook for a tighter fit?

OOOH. A rug...there's an idea, I may have to try that, as well... :hook

Actually iy's based on multiples of 10. The 1st pink/black is 5/5, then it's 7 pink, 3 black. nextll be 7 black / 3 pink, then i'll see what I want to do next.

The pattern for the 12 points is just from the round ripple CAL but since it's a star and I just love the people here yarndiva was wonderful enough to let me stay. I used the corrected round 3 and it came out gorgeous!

I'm working on another in homespun in cotton candy and spring green for my soon to be sis in laws graduation present...I hate hate hate crocheting homespun, and I can knit, but she saw my blanket and specifically requested a star...ah what I do for the Fam :)

I forgot to post a picture of my progress

starghan005.jpg

This is VERY pretty, what kind of yarn/colors are they?

I have just seen your crochet-a-long and your pattern. It is beautiful. I want to do the CAL but I have a wedding dress to finish, which should be done soon. Hurray! Then. I would like to follow along. Do you have a time when this should be done or can anyone just jump in any time? Thanks. God bless. Emmy

Everyone's ghans are sooo pretty! It's so neat to see how beautiful the color combinations everyone chooses turn out. Gives me some great ideas!:idea

Emmy, to answer your question, you can join any time you like. I'd love to see the wedding dress your making...please post a pic when you're done!:yes

Pamela: I loove the color combo!! I used to not like aquas but seeing your ghan has changed my mind!

Rosered: The Pink and Black looks very hip & chic! Great Job!

Emmy: Kris is right on the nose! You can jump in any time and make your stars big or small! And yes, I can't wait to see your wedding dress, I know it's going to be gorgeous!!

I managed to scrape up this blanket from my stash for my 22 yr old cousin

who just had a baby boy. I had only two balls of very thin blue random

yarn and some differing size white yarn. I opted for a small thick-ish

blanket by using two strands together versus a thin bigger blanket. As you

can see from the slinky, it isn't big at all but I bet it would be nice for a

stroller.

This starghan pattern is interesting to stitch. It starts out so fast and it's

exciting to see it coming together. Then, almost suddenly, you see almost

no progress for the same amount of work! I love the process though, and I

really want to make another (bigger) blanket.

StarBlanketsmall.jpg

StarBlanketCloseUpsmall.jpg

I managed to scrape up this blanket from my stash for my 22 yr old cousin

who just had a baby boy. I had only two balls of very thin blue random

yarn and some differing size white yarn. I opted for a small thick-ish

blanket by using two strands together versus a thin bigger blanket. As you

can see from the slinky, it isn't big at all but I bet it would be nice for a

stroller.

This starghan pattern is interesting to stitch. It starts out so fast and it's

exciting to see it coming together. Then, almost suddenly, you see almost

no progress for the same amount of work! I love the process though, and I

really want to make another (bigger) blanket.

BEAUTIFUL BLANKET!

Thank you Beth and Kris, I will do that when I get the dress done and I will post a picture of the dress. All the ghans I am seeing so far are just beautiful! I am looking forward to getting started.

I do need to ask, especially since I am new to this site, how do I post a picture? I know how on the yahoo groups but not on a forum like this. Thanks. God bless. Emmy

So many beautiful starghans!

I recently made one for a co-workers' granddaughter who is turning 1 y/o tomorrow....I will post a pic soon....anywhoo....It did not lay flat and I wasn't all that pleased with it but gave it to her anyway...So for the next one I crochet......and this may have been posted somewhere in this thread....what can I do to make it lay flat.

Thanks in advance!! :hook

Here are the twin starghans I did for the twins who'll be here well not until may.

Here's the girl star:

girlstar.jpg

Here's the boystar:

boystar.jpg

Here they are side by side:

starstogether.jpg

Both were made with RH ww yarns. They measure 42" point to point and 36 1/2" top point to the valley I think it's called. I washed them on gentle and then air fluffed dried it and they came out soft and light. they were rough and heavy before then. Oh and please excuse my foot in the last pic.

So many beautiful starghans!

I recently made one for a co-workers' granddaughter who is turning 1 y/o tomorrow....I will post a pic soon....anywhoo....It did not lay flat and I wasn't all that pleased with it but gave it to her anyway...So for the next one I crochet......and this may have been posted somewhere in this thread....what can I do to make it lay flat.

Thanks in advance!! :hook

For the last row of my starghan I put tight-ish sc all the way around.

This really helps if your edges are too 'ruffled'. Also you could try blocking

it, which is great if the stitches are too close and the star points are

curling in on themselves.

If the problem is the blanket as a whole, you can try a bigger hook size.

Hope that helps!

Here are the twin starghans I did for the twins who'll be here well not until may.

Here's the girl star:

girlstar.jpg

Here's the boystar:

boystar.jpg

Here they are side by side:

starstogether.jpg

Both were made with RH ww yarns. They measure 42" point to point and 36 1/2" top point to the valley I think it's called. I washed them on gentle and then air fluffed dried it and they came out soft and light. they were rough and heavy before then. Oh and please excuse my foot in the last pic.

These are beautiful, those are some very lucky babies :)

I would love to join this crochet a long as my first....I hope I'm not too late to start. I have started on a starghan using red heart super saver in Aran, Dark Sage, and spruce....and I have chosen to use a size K hook.So far it is working out. I will post pics when I get it done and if I can figure out how to post pics on this site!

Carolyn

For the last row of my starghan I put tight-ish sc all the way around.

This really helps if your edges are too 'ruffled'. Also you could try blocking

it, which is great if the stitches are too close and the star points are

curling in on themselves.

If the problem is the blanket as a whole, you can try a bigger hook size.

Hope that helps!

Thanks! The problem mainly is that it is so "poochie" in the middle....won't lie flat...it's like a pouch...I wonder if I need to add some dc's in the corners or crochet REAL loose? I used an "H" hook..maybe I'll try an "I"

Beautiful 'ghans Aelita....see.... yours lie flat :yes

Thanks! The problem mainly is that it is so "poochie" in the middle....won't lie flat...it's like a pouch...I wonder if I need to add some dc's in the corners or crochet REAL loose? I used an "H" hook..maybe I'll try an "I"

Beautiful 'ghans Aelita....see.... yours lie flat :yes

Mine laid a little wierd too....but once I washed it and used fabric softener it was perfect.

Archived