Starghan Crochet-Along * Finally edited * Correct Version in Blog *

yarndiva

Kim: As long as they are people posting in this CAL, we'll be here for what it looks like a looong while :lol

Kisha: Let us know how your meeting went! I'm excited to hear about what your groupmates have to say about your starghan!!

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Theresa: Your starghan looks wonderful I loove the color combo! As the star gets bigger, the weight of the ghan should take care of this or you can crochet the 3 dc shell looser to prevent this from happening.

I keep looking at all the starghans here and it makes me want to make one. I have 3 one pound balls of yarn in baby yellow, green and aran. Is that enough for a baby ghan? I might start one tonight or tomorrow.

Pat Ada

I've finished two Starghans in the last couple of weeks. On is a premie/newborn size, and the other is a toddler size. The yellow newborn is made in RH Baby, and the multi colored toddler one was made using Simple Soft brightes in several colors. You can read more about them and see lots of photos on my blog.

72yellowstar.jpg

72multistar1.jpg

Everyone's starghans look so nice.....here's a pic of the starghan I did for a co-workers' granddaughter...she turned 1 y/o on the 13th of Feb. I am not happy with it.....it does not lie flat....it's a bucket in the middle....oh well...I went ahead and gave it to her and hopefully the momma liked it....I have never heard anything...whether it was liked, disliked, appreciated..nothing :sigh

I will keep trying the starghan...I have another one started for another gift...this time I am crocheting very, very loose. :think

sylinastarghan1copy.jpg

What a beautiful gift to give someone! The colors are great. Now, if you had given it to me, I'd have thanked you profusely and immediately.... LOL :lol

Thanks Karen...the color combo does look nice together...it's so much brighter in person.

....I have never heard anything...whether it was liked, disliked, appreciated..nothing :sigh

I'm sorry about that! I know how it feels. I made a baby blanket for a close friend's sister - who I also considered a friend, but not so close...and she never even acknowledged receipt of the gift. I had to mail it, and eventually had to ask her sister if she knew if she got it. TACKY!

I made three baby blankets for my brother and sister-in-law, and I know they got them Tuesday, but I still haven't heard from them... If they want me to make anything else (ever), they'd better call me soon.

I don't expect people to shower me with thanks, but a simple "thank you" is certainly reasonable!

That being said, in case they don't tell you how beautiful it is, I like it very much! It's great!

Judy :hook

Jen: Your starghans look amazing!! I bet the kids will just not part with them!!

Donna: Don't worry about the poofy middle, it may just be as you said, crocheted the middle loose and the "ripples" tighter. Maybe the hook you used needs to be one or two sizes bigger too?

It looks wonderful just the way it is. It's not your typical afghan and whoever is the recepient should be thankful, I know I would be!!

3 pounders are way more than enough for a baby ghan.

My corners always do that too. You can tug on the peaks to get the stitches to lay flatter. Once it's washed and dried it should be just fine!

Thanks, it's nice to know I don't need to get more yarn :yarn especially since I can't get any right now. :)

Pat Ada

I've finished two Starghans in the last couple of weeks. On is a premie/newborn size, and the other is a toddler size. The yellow newborn is made in RH Baby, and the multi colored toddler one was made using Simple Soft brightes in several colors. You can read more about them and see lots of photos on my blog.

72yellowstar.jpg

72multistar1.jpg

I took a look at your blog. I love :manyheart all your starghans. I especially like the granny stars. :yes Is it your own pattern? And if it is, could you share it? Thanks in advance.

Pat A.

I took a look at your blog. I love :manyheart all your starghans. I especially like the granny stars. :yes Is it your own pattern? And if it is, could you share it? Thanks in advance.

Pat A.

The granny star is called "Star of Peace" and it's from an older crochet mag. It's the small one...I think it's Quick Crochet? I really didn't like how it turned out as much as YarnDiva's pattern. It was kinda wonky in the middle, and felt really limp. Although, I was using only one strand of Simply Soft, and that might have something to do with it.

I wish I could find an actually WORSTED WEIGHT version of Simply Soft. I love the feel, but it's just waaaay to thin for me. *sigh*

The granny star is called "Star of Peace" and it's from an older crochet mag. It's the small one...I think it's Quick Crochet? I really didn't like how it turned out as much as YarnDiva's pattern. It was kinda wonky in the middle, and felt really limp. Although, I was using only one strand of Simply Soft, and that might have something to do with it.

I wish I could find an actually WORSTED WEIGHT version of Simply Soft. I love the feel, but it's just waaaay to thin for me. *sigh*

Well, I don't think I could find that pattern here. I still love how yours turned out. I am going to make YarnDiva's starghan. I've just been invited to my neighbors 1st GS's christening on the 3rd next month. I'm not sure I could have one done by then.

Pat A.

Well, I don't think I could find that pattern here. I still love how yours turned out. I am going to make YarnDiva's starghan. I've just been invited to my neighbors 1st GS's christening on the 3rd next month. I'm not sure I could have one done by then.

Pat A.

Sure you could! YarnDiva's pattern goes really quickly, especially if you use two strands and a bigger hook. Try two strands of Simply Soft and an M hook. That's what I used for the "toddler" starghan, and it only took me about a week. Good Luck!

I'll be Starting another Starghan as soon as I am through with my flannelghan. I might start it earlier. I want to make a Green one for my Mom (it's her favorite color) she really liked my Turqua/Teal one!

This time I will definitely use a "K" hook, or 2 strands of yarn and an "N" we'll see!

Do you think it would be okay if instead of doing 3dc ch 2 3 dc in corner point to do 2dc in last dc before corner and 2dc ch 2 2dc and then 2 dc in next dc? If that makes sense, It was a real pain for me to put 3 dc ch 2 3 dc in the corner space on the last one I did, I suppose I could ch3 instead of 2!

I'm just a ramblin' I'm sure I can figure something out, maybe do a dc decrease instead of skipping 2 dc in the valleys (I think I saw someone mention that earlier in thread) I'll be sure to keep ya posted!

I'm off to my craft shed to get me some green yarn outta my stash :)

72yellowstar.jpg

72multistar1.jpg

I really like your starghans, I'm diggin' the orange and blue one on the bottom! GREAT JOB!!!

Sure you could! YarnDiva's pattern goes really quickly, especially if you use two strands and a bigger hook. Try two strands of Simply Soft and an M hook. That's what I used for the "toddler" starghan, and it only took me about a week. Good Luck!

Thanks, I'm not sure if I have a M hook. I'll have to find my crystalite hook set. I think I might have one there.:)

Pat A.

Archived