Starghan Crochet-Along * Finally edited * Correct Version in Blog *

yarndiva

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l115/kalbrecht7/Kassie.jpg

Another 12 pointer made for a co-worker

Big enough for a queen size bed! :eek

Total skeins used 9.5 skeins (RHSS 7 oz)

Have made 4 for Charity blitz for Feb....I would say that I love the pattern:manyheart

Here is the second starghan I am working on for the twin babies who will be here soon. I am done with the girl starghan I just need to weave the ends in. I'm going to do one more row of white then I will go onto the dark blue for six rows then back to the white:

000_0871.jpg

I finished 1 and have 2 in the works with 2 strands and an N hook.

I thought the valley holes were a little too big, too. What I did was: ch1 in the peak shell and a dc dec instead of 2dc in every other row for the valley. If you try to do a dc dec in every row the valley shifts to the right. Hope this helps.

How big do you all think a baby towel should be? I wish I had a doll to lay on it.

From point to point it's about 32 inches right now, and valley to valley it's about 20 inches.

I don't know how much more to stitch - if any. I don't want it to be so big that it becomes a hassle to use, but I want to make sure it's big enough... :think

Well, I am thinking about 4 more inches to make it an even 3'? If it is slightly bigger for the baby you are making it for, in a few months it won't be :lol

The baby isn't born yet, so I don't know how long it will be! :lol

My daughter was 21 inches long, and my son was 19... but this is going to be for my neice... I'm thinking an average newborn length is probably about 20 inches. (?)

I think I will make it a little bigger... the center seems kind of narrow right now... Then I'll just have to do the hood part and if I've got enough yarn left I'll make a little washrag to go with it. This is all from my stash, so I can't get more - one of the colors has even been discontinued. :(

I don't know how much yarn this pattern uses since so many of us just stop at the length we want it to be. At Least 2 skeins is my estimate for a baby blanket.

What the heck, I'm in. This pattern is too gorgeous not to make! I'm adding it to my list!! ;)

Ok, I've got to hop on this too. My first CAL! I don't have a digital camera right now, but I'll borrow my brother's when I get done.

I'm going to do a rainbow one to use up my Caron Simply Soft brites. I've started about 4 projects with this yarn and never been happy with the result.

Thanks for starting this and sharing the pattern.

Julia

Count me in too! After 15 years of trying, my best friend is finally expecting. :clap She says all that wishing upon the stars helped her get pregnant and so I thought I would make this ghan for her. :yay

Ooooh, this is the perfect CAL for me right now. I was browsing the forums looking for a good baby blanket pattern for my boss, and since she loves stars, this is perfect!

I'm making it in Caron Simply Soft, off-white, orchid, and baby bright ombre. The colors look great together, though I may need for this first one to just be my "practice starghan" since I'm not a very good crocheter, yet, and the holes where I join rows are larger than the other ones in each round. Oh, well, I'll just get to make two cute starghans instead of one.

I'll take pictures as soon as I remember where I put my camera. *isn't blonde, but might as well be*

Wow! 5 new people starting the starghan in 24 hours...so cool! :cheer

Hi everyone!! :hi:welcome Just yell (or post) if you get stuck!!

This is a great idea for a rug. Maybe with 2 strands of WW cotton and a K hook? Or even a J hook for a tighter fit?

I have been reading this thread, and haven't figured out how to post the pictures yet, but I got motivated. I used Red Heart Super in Delft Blue, Lilac, White and the Monet variegated. It took me about 5 days, but I got one finished for my 5yr old son for his birthday. He absolutely loved it and everyone at his party loved it too! It was a fun pattern to make.

Kris: Oh how I love you starghan!! The color combo is fresh and perfect for a boy!!

Leanne: I hope you can post a link to it sometime. I am going to make a Starghan Gallery with everyone's 'ghans (with your permission, of course)

I adore this pattern! It's so easy, yet looks so special. I'm on round 24. Yep, I got a little obessive about it over the last couple of days. I'm already thinking about what colors and yarn I'm going to use for the next one.

I also love the rug idea. I was at Hobby Lobby this morning and saw some precut fabric strips on clearance that might work really well for a rug.

Mine are only 22 rows but they are pretty big b/c I used a bigger hook for them I used an I hook instead of the G or H.

Yeah, in hindsight, I think I'll use a larger hook next time. I'm using an H currently.

Archived