Starghan Crochet-Along * Finally edited * Correct Version in Blog *

yarndiva

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It took a week but it's done! It is 8 1/2 FEET from point to point and about 12 1/2 POUNDS.

It started out as an 8 point Starghan but ended up being a 16 point Round Ripple in Reverse Rainbow.

Yarndiva - thanx so much for the inspiration!

81-2ftrainbow.jpg

Wow, RoseRed! You've been busy! That's beautiful!

Mine is coming along, but I'm still using it as my take-along project. It stays in the car for times that I have to wait, so it may be awhile before it's finished...even though it's going to be considerably smaller than that 8 1/2 foot beauty!

I am doing the Beth's Little Star Afghan and here is what I got so far:

000_0853.jpg

I couldn't get past round 4 of Yarndiva's starghan but that's okay I'll try it again as soon as I get an answer back from my pm I sent to her. I love all of your starghans so far they are adorable especially the Camo one it is awesome, you all are doing great jobs on your starghans.

These are fabulous! I have been looking for a special pattern for the new granddaughter to come home from the hospital in. This one is perfect!:yay I think she will love it and I know my daughter and son-in-law will too! I'll send pics when finished with new blanky!

I worked on my Starghan last night and tonight and was determined to figure this pattern out. I stumbled through the first few rounds, especially at the joining sections, but then suddenly the pattern emerged and it is now as clear as mud...and so much fun! I can hardly put it down. My color choice may not be great, but at least I am using up a tiny little part of my stash. :clap

YarnDiva - I know this CAL is for the Starghan but I have a question. I have 2 8 pointers and a 12 pointer in the works. Do I have to leave and join the round ripple CAL or can I stay here?

I was thinking about doing an 8 point star and adding more points as it elongates. What do you think?

~RR~

I worked on my Starghan last night and tonight and was determined to figure this pattern out. I stumbled through the first few rounds, especially at the joining sections, but then suddenly the pattern emerged and it is now as clear as mud...and so much fun! I can hardly put it down. My color choice may not be great, but at least I am using up a tiny little part of my stash. :clap

Oh :yay You finally got it!! I had to add a user friendly version for Row 3 after I keep getting requests for "help" :lol

Keep it up and show us a picture when you're done!!

YarnDiva - I know this CAL is for the Starghan but I have a question. I have 2 8 pointers and a 12 pointer in the works. Do I have to leave and join the round ripple CAL or can I stay here?

I was thinking about doing an 8 point star and adding more points as it elongates. What do you think?

~RR~

Well, I would hate to see you go :cry, maybe you can post on both with links to your pics? :D

Technically they are both stars, right? :yes

RoseRed, your starghan looks wonderful! It's so bright and colorful!

I've been MIA for a while b/c I had to buy more yarn for my starghan. I was able to buy more yarn today. So Yay! I'll be able to work on my starghan some more.

Here's what I got so far:

000_0858.jpg

I am using a I hook and RH ww yarns for these blankets I am making. The one that I make from your pattern yarndiva will be an H hook and Caron simply soft. I may just make it for myself or I may make it for Lucy in purples and pinks seeing as these two colors are her favs. She has a b-day coming up in April.

Yes we do and I haven't made anything for myself lately everytime I try I get asked to make something else for someone. The only thing I made for myself is that poncho I have on in the pic next to my name.

Archived